Windsor Spitfires 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

spits

Jul 24, 2013
Lemieux, is described as hard to play against. He put up some big numbers, 79 points in 45 games. Hard to argue with those numbers.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Alright, got some time on my hands to explain the picks. Since I got some time.

Don’t think you need an Ethan Belchetz explanation. So I’ll skip him.

JC Lemieux
To be honest, I thought he was QMJHL eligible so I didn’t give him much though in regards to the OHL draft. I’d say he’s somewhat similar to Anthony Spellacy in that he has great skating, and can be a pain in the ass to play against. He has questionable decision making but you’re going to love how hard this kid plays, rarely takes a shift off.

Carter Hicks
Honestly, a kid I think a lot of us on this board wanted in this spot. One of my personal favourite kids in the class, personally. A fantastic leader and a kid that is very responsible in his own end. He is very mobile, able to move the puck very well and can definitely run the PP in the future. I won’t be surprised if he is a steal in the draft.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Hicks could be a legit target and fill a need.

From LK board, credit Zman77
"Carter Hicks, D, London Jr. Knights
One of my favourite defenders from this year’s draft class is Carter Hicks. Carter was the Captain of the London Jr. Knights who won the Alliance Hockey Championship. He is a 6’02 right handed defender who is a great skater, defends and puts up points. We know how valuable right-handed defenders are in hockey, and one that can skater and has size should be high on team’s draft boards. He is a smart defender who has a great shot and strong playmaking ability. He is not afraid to use his speed and skating abilities to break the puck out of his own end, or drive it to the net to generate scoring chances. He played lots of minutes in London, in many different situations, and I believe he has the potential to be special in the OHL."

Only player scouting report I posted anywhere lol. Just made too much sense where he was ranked. And Knownothing brought up Hicks. Now ya gotta get the green n gold outta his blood lol.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Alright, got some time on my hands to explain the picks. Since I got some time.

Don’t think you need an Ethan Belchetz explanation. So I’ll skip him.

JC Lemieux
To be honest, I thought he was QMJHL eligible so I didn’t give him much though in regards to the OHL draft. I’d say he’s somewhat similar to Anthony Spellacy in that he has great skating, and can be a pain in the ass to play against. He has questionable decision making but you’re going to love how hard this kid plays, rarely takes a shift off.

Carter Hicks
Honestly, a kid I think a lot of us on this board wanted in this spot. One of my personal favourite kids in the class, personally. A fantastic leader and a kid that is very responsible in his own end. He is very mobile, able to move the puck very well and can definitely run the PP in the future. I won’t be surprised if he is a steal in the draft.
Thanks for your insight 👍 always appreciated.

I expect another D and a top goalie in the 3rd. Only can dress 4 16yr olds so expect a development pick with a goalie or possibly a goalie and a flyer with a good chance of landing him. Wasn't Spellacy a 3rd round pick hmmmm

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I have no complaints so far. I was expecting one of the picks to be that "well, this was unexpected but..." pick but so far so good. A hard-working, offensive kid who has a great work ethic, plus the D-man that's been hyped up? Keep going!
Yes good selection so far.
But we're u going to complain??

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad