Windsor Spitfires 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Watching this now... the commentators just said "Nyman will be a top pick in this year's draft." Slip? Knows something we don't?
Not sure... maybe they assume he's OHL bound. I like the Di Iorio kid. But I'm no scout... Just finished watching the first too. Nyman reminds me of Victor Mete.
Entertaining hockey.

Reactions: punch1943 and OHLTG

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Not sure... maybe they assume he's OHL bound. I like the Di Iorio kid. But I'm no scout... Just finished watching the first too. Nyman reminds me of Victor Mete.
Entertaining hockey.

I was impressed with Nyman's skating and exits from the zone. Seems to be in control whenever he has the puck. Belchetz is massive and mobile, makes creative plays, but not overly flashy. It's been a fun watch.

Knownothing

Nov 1, 2022
Belchetz is massive for a 15 year old. He will be a handful to cover in the OHL.
Haven’t seen him play much. What I have seen is a ho hum compete level. Skating is just ok. Have to wonder how much of his success is size domination / advantage. But that’s what scouts are for.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Haven’t seen him play much. What I have seen is a ho hum compete level. Skating is just ok. Have to wonder how much of his success is size domination / advantage. But that’s what scouts are for.
Me either. Just saw him today on the tube. Kid must have some talent to pick up top player of the OHL Cup. Also to be ranked where he is. Scouts must see something. I go with their knowledge first.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

Knownothing

Nov 1, 2022
Hard to pass on the size and skill combo but might be inclined to take Wass or Valentini 1st.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
I hear ya but how do you go against size/tenacity/fierceness when the team needs it badly. I think you can get a center with the early 2nd round pick. Thats if you get a D man in euro draft and more with the next few picks.

Knownothing

Nov 1, 2022
Does he have tenacity and fierceness though? That’s what not real evident but haven’t seen much of his play

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad