Windsor Spitfires 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Should be able to get a good center in round 2 no doubt especially picking 23 and 25,probably will be drafting a dman and forward with those picks.
Wouldn't surprise me if they take a dman in the 3rd if they get a forward and dman in the 2nd.
Round 4 with 3 picks take 1 goalie, D and forward.
Defenseman should be able to hit n clear out infront of net. Can't be another soft d man. They have enough of them..

Reactions: oldPeng

spitsfan28

Mar 31, 2024
Is there a defenceman with size and snarl that's projected within rounds 2-3? I mean, it's all well and good to say "this is what we want" but if that player doesn't exist until the middle rounds, we may have to wait.
Noah Barton RHD listed at 6’2 181, should go somewhere between middle of 3rd rd and middle of 4th rd

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Bowler either drafts or maybe trades for centers. We need 2. Maybe trade for an 06. Having these big bodies up front is great if we have a playmaker to feed them the puck. Abraham is our only playmaker presently and is a OA.

Reactions: Section 103

the dog

May 16, 2014
Is there a defenceman with size and snarl that's projected within rounds 2-3? I mean, it's all well and good to say "this is what we want" but if that player doesn't exist until the middle rounds, we may have to wait.
Carter Hicks 6'2 161 London...Nick Frasca 6'2 181 Toronto marb....Noah Barton 6'2 180 oshawa

Reactions: OHLTG

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I think it would be smart for Bowler to go after Owen Griffin, has been brutal in Oshawa and definitely needs a change of scenery. Type of move that could pay off big time.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Given he's an 07 and a top-10 pick last season, I'd imagine it would take a lot to get him.
It would cost a decent amount, but not as much as a kid that won’t report, Guy didn’t even score a goal all season, and the only value he has right now is that he is a “former top-10 pick”

I think that he’s just the type of player Windsor should be targeting, especially since he can play centre. Lot of risk involved but something to think about.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
It would cost a decent amount, but not as much as a kid that won’t report, Guy didn’t even score a goal all season, and the only value he has right now is that he is a “former top-10 pick”

I think that he’s just the type of player Windsor should be targeting, especially since he can play centre. Lot of risk involved but something to think about.

He scored on St. Patrick's Day and, while his stats aren't great, he's still a sixth overall pick who's just 16 years old. There's plenty of room to grow and develop with the Gens. I doubt they'd trade him off this quickly short of anything but a "blow us away" offer.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
He scored on St. Patrick's Day and, while his stats aren't great, he's still a sixth overall pick who's just 16 years old. There's plenty of room to grow and develop with the Gens. I doubt they'd trade him off this quickly short of anything but a "blow us away" offer.
Missed that goal. My mistake.

I think if they got a decent haul of draft selections they’d absolutely deal him. They’re in their window is right now with Calum Ritchie, Beckett Sennecke and Luca Marelli. They have no need for a guy like that in their bottom-6 next year, they don’t have time to wait for him to “develop”.

I think a deal like Ethan Martin, 2x 2nds and 2x3rd’s could get it done. Windsor gets the younger, higher upside scorer for the future, Oshawa gets draft selections for the deadline and a better fit for their bottom-6.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Thanks for the list! I see a few D men down where Spits pick in 2nd. Any of those guys fit the bill of big, high compete, tad nasty and willing to do whatever it takes?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad