Windsor Spitfires 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Quinton Byfield stats U16 6’5 216

48G 92P 34gp

First year in OHL: 61 pts (29G) in 64 gp

Second year in OHL: 82 pts (32G) in 45 gp

Ethan Belchetz stats U16 6’5 240

46G 84P in 34gp

First year in OHL: ???

Second year in OHL ???

Seems to me they are pretty similar players coming into junior. Perhaps expect similar results. In other words ya got a hell of a player to go with greentree, christoforo, Davis and everyone else.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Paul McFarland is available. Would he be a fit? Former Spit and has previous junior head coaching experience
0 chance he comes back to the OHL. Already came back once to kingston no way does he do that again. If nothing at nhl level pops up he will go ahl

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
Windsor Spitfires 2024 Orientation Camp - Draft pick Ethan Belchetz - Exclusive STM Event with Bill Bowler.
Dear Season Ticket Members,
We are excited to invite you to an exclusive Windsor Spitfires Season Ticket Member event that promises to be both informative and exciting.
Join us for a unique orientation camp that includes a special presentation by our General Manager, Bill Bowler, followed by the 2024 Orientation camp featuring our potential new players.
Event Details:
· Date: Saturday, May 4th, 2024
· Time: 3:30 PM to 3:50 PM
Agenda:
· 3:30 PM - 3:40 PM: GM Bill Bowler will discuss his vision and plans for the Spitfires in the upcoming 2024-25 season.
· 3:40 PM - 3:50 PM: A Q&A session where you can pose your questions to Bill and engage with the insights shared.
After the discussion with Bill, we encourage all Season Ticket Members to move to the Greenshield Ice Rink and Grenon Ice Rink, where you will have the opportunity to see our potential new players in action. This is your chance to get a first look at our No. 1 draft pick, Ethan Belchetz, and other aspiring talents as they showcase their skills on the ice.
Live-Action Schedule:
· 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Skating and practice sessions
· 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM: Exciting 3 vs 3 session
Please note that the schedule is subject to change.
This event is a fantastic opportunity to get a firsthand look at the incoming class of drafted prospects and discuss the future of our team with GM Bill Bowler. Don't miss out on this exclusive STM insider experience!
We look forward to welcoming you to an afternoon of insightful discussion and thrilling hockey action!
Warm regards,
Windsor Spitfires Ticket Sales Dept

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Windsor Spitfires 2024 Orientation Camp - Draft pick Ethan Belchetz - Exclusive STM Event with Bill Bowler.
Dear Season Ticket Members,
We are excited to invite you to an exclusive Windsor Spitfires Season Ticket Member event that promises to be both informative and exciting.
Join us for a unique orientation camp that includes a special presentation by our General Manager, Bill Bowler, followed by the 2024 Orientation camp featuring our potential new players.
Event Details:
· Date: Saturday, May 4th, 2024
· Time: 3:30 PM to 3:50 PM
Agenda:
· 3:30 PM - 3:40 PM: GM Bill Bowler will discuss his vision and plans for the Spitfires in the upcoming 2024-25 season.
· 3:40 PM - 3:50 PM: A Q&A session where you can pose your questions to Bill and engage with the insights shared.
After the discussion with Bill, we encourage all Season Ticket Members to move to the Greenshield Ice Rink and Grenon Ice Rink, where you will have the opportunity to see our potential new players in action. This is your chance to get a first look at our No. 1 draft pick, Ethan Belchetz, and other aspiring talents as they showcase their skills on the ice.
Live-Action Schedule:
· 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Skating and practice sessions
· 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM: Exciting 3 vs 3 session
Please note that the schedule is subject to change.
This event is a fantastic opportunity to get a firsthand look at the incoming class of drafted prospects and discuss the future of our team with GM Bill Bowler. Don't miss out on this exclusive STM insider experience!
We look forward to welcoming you to an afternoon of insightful discussion and thrilling hockey action!
Warm regards,
Windsor Spitfires Ticket Sales Dept
Ready for the easy questions...

Travis Bickle 77

Feb 11, 2020
10 year old Joey from Lakeshore has a question.

Joey-Mr Bowler, the Spitfires are my favorite team and I hope they will be better next year.

Bill-Thanks Joey. There have been teams that turn it around in one offseason. Joey do you have another question???
1714519560628.png

Reactions: OHLTG

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
But he is Finnish. Plays in Finland, has a Finnish father, and represents Finland. Nothing Danish about him aside he was born there when his father played hockey there in 2006. The only year he has ever spent in the country.
Yes. He is under the Finnish flag. Not sure why some worry where he was born. Where he was born and whrere he was raised and played hockey is what matters.

Reactions: LeProspector

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Who cares what his nationality is lol. Is he a player? At 5’9” im not impressed…

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Who cares what his nationality is lol. Is he a player? At 5’9” im not impressed…
Rated in the 20's by most scouting sites for NHL draft.
According to Elite Prospects listed now at 5'10-172 lbs, appears to be a decent player,solid edge work,guess we will see if Bowler and company take him or are steered elsewhere seeing they pick 3rd in the Euro draft.

Last edited:
Reactions: DetSpitsFan

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
I don't disagree. We don't need 3 undersized "offensive" minded D unless 74 is moved. At least Woodall has some grit and is defensively more responsible. Never seen the Fin play but size does matter.

Reactions: windsor7

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Rated in the 20's by most scouting sites for NHL draft.
According to Elite Prospects listed now at 5'10-172 lbs, appears to be a decent player,solid edge work,guess we will see if Bowler and company take him or are steered elsewhere seeing they pick 3rd in the Euro draft.
He's ranked 8th intl skater final ranking, I'm fine with it as long as Bowler makes a move of someone out. London is cleaning house in the playoffs with a big back end. The trend has followed in recent years in the NHL.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
So excited to bring my daughter to the rink tomorrow to pick out our seats for years to come. I got to go with my dad and grandpa, and now she will, too. She’s only gonna be 4 when the season starts, so mostly sunday afternoons for her, but I’ve been waiting since christmas for this

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
So excited to bring my daughter to the rink tomorrow to pick out our seats for years to come. I got to go with my dad and grandpa, and now she will, too. She’s only gonna be 4 when the season starts, so mostly sunday afternoons for her, but I’ve been waiting since christmas for this
Gotta be a great feeling. Love this stuff! She'll love it! But I'll bet you will more so. #family #tradition #passthetorch
ENJOY

Reactions: Section 103

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad