Windsor Spitfires 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Sergachev was the sixth overall pick and had five points through his first 13 games.

Loktionov seventh overall and Koko 23rd.

Sobolev 40th, Baisov 51st. I like what Sobolev has brought; that two-way play with some offensive ability. Baisov is gritty and working his tail off. He's a proven sniper with the U18 teams in Russia so I'm not going to get nervous just six games in.

Reactions: hockeylegend11

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Sergachev was the sixth overall pick and had five points through his first 13 games.

Loktionov seventh overall and Koko 23rd.

Sobolev 40th, Baisov 51st. I like what Sobolev has brought; that two-way play with some offensive ability. Baisov is gritty and working his tail off. He's a proven sniper with the U18 teams in Russia so I'm not going to get nervous just six games in.

I would agree re both players far too early to judge.
Sobelev now has 4 points in his last 8 games, 2 in his last 3
Baisov only 17 is still getting acclimated to the OHL and life in Canada

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits scoring is coming around
1st 4 games Windsor scored 10 goals total for an average of 2.50
The last 6 games they have scored 24 plus 1 empty netter for average of 4.00
And the Spits in the last 3 games have scored 15 and allowed 9 plus 2 empty netters,for an average of 5.00 for and 3.00 against.
Their record is 2-1 in the last 3 and 3-2-0-1 in their last 6.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Took a look for all the scoring from the 20 teams defensemen
Spits have put up 24 points and 5 goals from their D to date.
Only 5 teams have more points from their D then Windsor
SSM(33),Sud(28),Ham(26),Owen Sound and Barrie(25)
Goal wise,SSM(9),Kitchener (8),Sudbury(7) only have more goals,while Guelph, Saginaw, Ottawa, NB and Windsor are all next with 5
Before tonight's games Erie has only 6 points total with 0 goals for last place,while Sarnia and London both have 10 points from their dmen,Sarnia with 2 goals and London 1 goal

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Spits scoring is coming around
1st 4 games Windsor scored 10 goals total for an average of 2.50
The last 6 games they have scored 24 plus 1 empty netter for average of 4.00
And the Spits in the last 3 games have scored 15 and allowed 9 plus 2 empty netters,for an average of 5.00 for and 3.00 against.
Their record is 2-1 in the last 3 and 3-2-0-1 in their last 6.

Depending on opponent..

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Depending on opponent..

Well they did score 6 against Guelph in one of those 3 games and they have the 3rd most points in the league and while they only scored 3 against Kitchener most agree could have 6 or 7 were it not for the goaltending and Kitchener has the 4th most points in one of the other 2 games of the last 3.
Windsor is amongst the league leaders in scoring chances finally cashing in,let's hope it keeps up and if you were a fan you would agree.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Took a look for all the scoring from the 20 teams defensemen
Spits have put up 24 points and 5 goals from their D to date.
Only 5 teams have more points from their D then Windsor
SSM(33),Sud(28),Ham(26),Owen Sound and Barrie(25)
Goal wise,SSM(9),Kitchener (8),Sudbury(7) only have more goals,while Guelph, Saginaw, Ottawa, NB and Windsor are all next with 5
Before tonight's games Erie has only 6 points total with 0 goals for last place,while Sarnia and London both have 10 points from their dmen,Sarnia with 2 goals and London 1 goal

Let's keep some perspective in regards to goals by D, the Spits have scored 5 all year but 4 of them came in 1 game. If 7-8 games from now they have another 4 or 5 goals total maybe there is something to it. As of now the 1 game is the outlier.

Reactions: aresknights

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
I would agree re both players far too early to judge.
Sobelev now has 4 points in his last 8 games, 2 in his last 3
Baisov only 17 is still getting acclimated to the OHL and life in Canada
Baisov missed almost the entire preseason due to Visa issues. He then got hurt in his only preseason game, then missed several regular season games. We should give him another month before dismissing him.

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
Well I posted earlier in the week that Maggio and McDonald lacked "finish". Well that did not age well! Nice to see 5 goals from them! Here's hoping they can keep this up. 1 a game would be nice.
D did what they had to last night, not flashy and they had some oops plays but they played better than they have in the past. The opposition was a part of that but games like this drive confidence. For me the biggest surprise in this group is DeAngelis. Looks strong and is winning puck battles in the corners. may be the go to guy in the future.

Hoping Zito is ok, they need him and this shows a big void up front of players. They need to get some quality forwards and shore up the front end. Seems odd they are playing so short? Wonder if they know help is on the way?
Maggio has looked very impressive all season, but until Wednesday had no results. He has stood out every game with his energy and hustle. Hopefully Wednesday is the start of hard work finally paying off.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Maggio has looked very impressive all season, but until Wednesday had no results. He has stood out every game with his energy and hustle. Hopefully Wednesday is the start of hard work finally paying off.

Adding to what you posted,I think his time playing in Sweden last year as well as adding 15-20 pounds has helped him moving forward.
Getting invited to an NHL camp helped his confidence I would think.

Reactions: LDN

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
Some interesting comparatives at the 10 game mark from last we played in 19/20
Medina currently is at 3.53 goals against average in 7 appearances
last time we played he was 3.51 in 4 appearances
Kyle Downey currently sits at 3.59 in 5 appearances
Last we played Kari Piironen who was in his 2nd season sat at 3.96 in 6 appearances
Mathew Maggio has already surpassed his 3 goal total in 45 games now has 5 in 10 games played,actually 5 in his last 8 games,he had 1 assist total in 9 games,now he has 11points in 10 games.
Will Cuylle who has 6G,2A now had 1G,5A in his 1st 10 games last we played
Wyatt Johnston currently has 4G,6A in 10 games,last year played at the 10 game mark as a rookie he had 1G,1Pt in 7 games.
Kyle McDonald had 4G,2A in 9
games in 19/20, now in 10 games he has 4G,5A,and has gotten hot,currently 4G,3A in his last 7 games
Finally left winger Daniel D'amico now an OA, last time we played he had 3G,5A,+5 in 10 games,this year in 10 games 1G,6A,-5.
This year, comparing a player's improvement versus what was done in the previous season is somewhat irrelevant. The previous season was 2 years ago. For example, Cuylle, 2 years ago he was 17 and playing in his 2nd season. Now is is 19, drafted, signed, been to 2 NHL training camps and played in the AHL. In addition, his body has matured and 2 classes of older players have graduated. He had damn well better have improved or he needs to be released.

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Baisov missed almost the entire preseason due to Visa issues. He then got hurt in his only preseason game, then missed several regular season games. We should give him another month before dismissing him.

That's fair and makes sense. I can't see them getting better imports at this current time. You hope he has a good year and then evaluate come offseason. I will say this though watching him play he hasn't shown much to date. That doesn't mean he won't start producing but the elite imports usually don't take time.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Congrats to forward Ethan Miedema for being named for the -17 tournament being held Nov 26-Dec 4
in Ottawa.
Very surprised that dman Bronson Ride wasn't named to the 3 team 66 player roster
6 OHL dman were named,5 playing in the league and Oliver Bonk playing in Jr B
Interesting Ride has more points then 5 of those 6 named combined and is a +2
Beau Akey,Oliver Bonk,Olivier Savard,Tristan Bertucci, Alex Daviault
are the 5 that I am speaking of
Cam Allen dman for Guelph is the other 16 year old named and he too is having a great season, 2G,4A.
Bonk is a great prospect playing well in Jr B,Ride is a guy who is playing very well in O,big difference from B
Guess it helps to have the last name of a former NHL player father Radek Bonk.
Would have thought 16 year old dman Tanner Winegard would have gotten selected, he has 2G,5A in 13 games for La Salle and is playing very well.
Too bad he was an 11th rd pick by Windsor instead of an 2nd rd pick by London in Oliver Bonk.
Unfortunate for both Ride and Winegard imo.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Any of you guys know what’s the story with Coulson Pitre and how he wound up in Flint and not Windsor?

Cant say for sure why,however I saw him at camp,started off slowly and the picked things up.
When cuts came I figured he was close,cant be sure if he was offered a contract or perhaps his agent told Windsor if he wasn't going to be signed trade him to team who was interested
That's all I got,myself I would have offered a contract, maybe he was but cant say for sure
Either I think he will do fine in Flint.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Ok. I must have missed the trade not paying attention as much over the last 18 months or so. I wasn’t sure if Windsor just released him or what. He’s been really good in Flint so far considering he’s a 17yo rookie. 4g and 6pts in 6 games so far. Thanks guys.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Ok. I must have missed the trade not paying attention as much over the last 18 months or so. I wasn’t sure if Windsor just released him or what. He’s been really good in Flint so far considering he’s a 17yo rookie. 4g and 6pts in 6 games so far. Thanks guys.

Yes I noticed he scored the game winner tonight as well as adding 2 assists in Flints 6-4 win at Kitchener.
He is late birthday not 17 till December and not eligible for NHL draft till 2023.

Ringing Iron

May 8, 2011
Congrats to forward Ethan Miedema for being named for the -17 tournament being held Nov 26-Dec 4
in Ottawa.
Very surprised that dman Bronson Ride wasn't named to the 3 team 66 player roster
6 OHL dman were named,5 playing in the league and Oliver Bonk playing in Jr B
Interesting Ride has more points then 5 of those 6 named combined and is a +2
Beau Akey,Oliver Bonk,Olivier Savard,Tristan Bertucci, Alex Daviault
are the 5 that I am speaking of
Cam Allen dman for Guelph is the other 16 year old named and he too is having a great season, 2G,4A.
Bonk is a great prospect playing well in Jr B,Ride is a guy who is playing very well in O,big difference from B
Guess it helps to have the last name of a former NHL player father Radek Bonk.
Would have thought 16 year old dman Tanner Winegard would have gotten selected, he has 2G,5A in 13 games for La Salle and is playing very well.
Too bad he was an 11th rd pick by Windsor instead of an 2nd rd pick by London in Oliver Bonk.
Unfortunate for both Ride and Winegard imo.
Saving this message to revisit in two years.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad