Windsor Spitfires 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021
Welcome back between you and Teflon back we got a squad now.
Overage slot needed to be filled. There's also a poster from Russia that Bill Bowler says is really good, but he hasn't posted yet because he's getting used to the north american forums still.

Reactions: Savard18

member 71782

Erie in town tonight, won't be able to catch the game.

I would expect Medina to get the start and hopefully build off the Flint game. Kid had the game he needed against Flint, now it's time to have a better game against a team going through some struggles.

Overall the entire team needs to start showing what they're capable of. A struggling vs a team that hopes to contend, people should have expectations for how this game goes.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Erie in town tonight, won't be able to catch the game.

I would expect Medina to get the start and hopefully build off the Flint game. Kid had the game he needed against Flint, now it's time to have a better game against a team going through some struggles.

Overall the entire team needs to start showing what they're capable of. A struggling vs a team that hopes to contend, people should have expectations for how this game goes.

Windsor should win by 3.
Hopefully

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
Does anyone know Peer's status. He has sat at least 4 games and they are dressing 9 F. I assume he is hurt but haven't heard. If he is a healthy scratch, I expect he and team to be parting ways soon.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
No Evangelista, No Gazizov...two best forwards. Undisciplined penalties. Give Flint credit, deserved the 2 points. Big comeback win for the Spits; important W for Medina to restore some confidence. Think we'll see the Spits string together some wins.

They will have to play a whole lot better for sure

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Does anyone know Peer's status. He has sat at least 4 games and they are dressing 9 F. I assume he is hurt but haven't heard. If he is a healthy scratch, I expect he and team to be parting ways soon.

Peer is off crutches now,should return in 10 days
Zito is expected out for about 2 weeks.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Not a great game by any stretch but they don't count "pretty points" in the standings. The Spits outshot the Otters and finally figured out a way to get the offence to click. It's why you play the full 60; never know what can happen. Take the two points, learn the lesson that games aren't five minutes, and move onto the next.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
While the 1st 8-10 minutes of the game wasn't pretty Erie had the game's 1st 4 or 5 shots,after that only 17 or 18,while the Spits had 36 plus 3 right of the post,nice comeback win coming back 2 down in the 3rd to win in OT on a highlight marker by Wyatt Johnston .
Erie's 2 goals were on the PP,otherwise they were rarely dangerous and when they were Medina was solid,2 solid outings for Medina this week,allowing only 4 goals and 2 were PP goals,special teams continue to struggle 0-5 on the PP,2 PP goals by Erie however on their PP,Windsor did score a shorty by Cuylle, after a great win on the draw by Abraham.
20 seconds or later Cuylle was initially credited with his 2nd of the night,went off a leg goal eventually given to the passer Abraham, from Miedema and Sobolev,which was changed post game.
Like I wrote earlier Johnston with the highlight goal of the night,one handed past Lalonde who was all night for Erie.
1st time all season Spits have won 2 straight,they are 3-1 in their last 4,
4-2-0-1 in their last 7,Medina who started the season allowing 5 against Sarnia opening night in less then 2-1/2 periods has only allowed 11 in his last, 4 appearances, and 5 were in one game at Owen Sound,his record 2-1-0-1 in that stretch and a 2.75 goals average against much improved since the 4 game mark of the season.
His record when he allows 2 or less in regulation is 3-0-0-2,and 0-3 when not,though all losses he has allowed 5.
Always say sometimes you paint a masterpiece and sometimes you paint a barn,last night's closer to a barn,but there have been a number of games where 2 points should have had,the 2 shootout losses come to mind,the way the game goes.
Not sure if Windsor took them lightly at the beginning cant make that mistake too often.
Still looking for Henault and D'amico to contribute more offensively, Henault just 1 point in his last 4,and he is not known for his defensive acumen,while Daniel D'amico has only 1G,6A through 11,7 forwards have more goals then him.
A few real good hits last night,couple from Sobolev, McDonald, as well as a nice one by Nathan Ribau,who I think has been very solid since arriving from Sudbury for Dylan Robinson
In 7 games he has 1G,1A and is a 0 in the plus minus,while Robinson was -6 in the 4 games he played here before being dealt.
Should mention Spits have scored 28 goals in their last 7 games,18 in their last 4.
Ist 4 games of the season they scored 10,have come around, PP not withstanding , nicely goal wise.

Last edited:

stips

Apr 3, 2016
Johnson's goal was a goal scorers goal (a McDavid take charge type goal.) Someone has to lead this team, and maybe this will give him the confidence to do just that.

Medina was much better last night, except for the rebounds coming straight out off his pads.

Reactions: hockeylegend11

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Windsor was very fortunate to get the 2 points
Didnt play well at all. Maybe for 2 total minutes.
Too many individual performances. Not playing as a team game.
Coaching not keeping lines consistent mostly throughout game.
Pp just absolutely stunk up joint.
Medina played decent.
Probably biggest crowd of year.

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021
No Evangelista, No Gazizov...two best forwards. Undisciplined penalties. Give Flint credit, deserved the 2 points. Big comeback win for the Spits; important W for Medina to restore some confidence. Think we'll see the Spits string together some wins.
You won't get much traction around here talking about who is missing when you lose. I believe the standard line is something like "good teams have depth to overcome missing players" and the excuses really don't fly when the loss comes at the hands of a bottom feeder like Flunt. Take your L dude, nobody is buying what you are selling even with the "good game against Erie guys" disguise you tried to put on it. You lost to the Tire-Firebirds, it happens.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
You won't get much traction around here talking about who is missing when you lose. I believe the standard line is something like "good teams have depth to overcome missing players" and the excuses really don't fly when the loss comes at the hands of a bottom feeder like Flunt. Take your L dude, nobody is buying what you are selling even with the "good game against Erie guys" disguise you tried to put on it. You lost to the Tire-Firebirds, it happens.
I also made it clear to give Flint credit as they deserved the two points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad