Windsor Spitfires 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
It doesn't really matter to me if Sarnia has already played 2 games. The last game they played was 2 weeks ago. Sarnia has 6 preseason games as does Windsor.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
In the pre-season, the only things that really matter are getting the chemistry down, getting players some OHL-level ice, and working on systems (plus a few others I probably forgot). Wins, losses, who's played more, who's played less... not really a big deal.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Breaking: Ethan Martin has officially signed.

Not shocked figured they would sign 4-16 year olds and they now have.
Martin, Miedema, O'Flaherty and Ride.
At least 2 other 16 year olds that I know of are playing Jr B
Tanner Winegard-D and Jack Greenwell C/RW,and Max Frattaroli RW is trying out with La Salle Vipers.

Reactions: OHLTG

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Assuming all the players announced today Martin,Lecot, McLlwain, Grenerio,plus if Baisov is here and ready to play means Spits will go with 10F,6D,2G tonight at Sarnia.
Can't confirm Baisov yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leaves34 and OHLTG

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021
Free on Hockey T.v. as per the Windsor Star
I just checked it out, tonights game is not on HockeyT.V. it looks like only the games played at the WFCU are on there. If anybody knows how to check out tonights game in sarnia post it here please.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
I just checked it out, tonights game is not on HockeyT.V. it looks like only the games played at the WFCU are on there. If anybody knows how to check out tonights game in sarnia post it here please.
I apologize, only the exhibition home games are on Hockey T.v.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits are dressing 17 players tonite
in Sarnia-9F,6D,2G
Lines
Abraham-McDonald-Miedema
Peer-Birkett-OFlagherty
Martin-McIlwain,Grenerio

Defense
Ladd,Ride,Renwick,Lecot, Deangelis,
Jodoin

Goal- Medina,Downey

Not Dressed

Forwards-Zito,Cuylle, Johnston,Damico
Maggio, (Foudy),Baisov
Defense- Henault, Robinson, Sobelev
Goal-Tovell

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Spits are dressing 17 players tonite
in Sarnia-9F,6D,2G
Lines
Abraham-McDonald-Miedema
Peer-Birkett-OFlagherty
Martin-McIlwain,Grenerio

Defense
Ladd,Ride,Renwick,Lecot, Deangelis,
Jodoin

Goal- Medina,Downey

Not Dressed

Forwards-Zito,Cuylle, Johnston,Damico
Maggio, (Foudy),Baisov
Defense- Henault, Robinson, Sobelev
Goal-Tovell
Is there a way I can watch the game online?

member 71782

Good to see all the recent signings for the pre season as well as for depth in LaSalle.

That's a rookie line up with McDonald being the only vet up front, Ladd and Renwick the only vets on D with Jodoin having a few minutes of experience in the league and Medina in goal. That's four vets, five with Jodoin so it'll be interesting to see how the kids do with a short staffed, rookie filled line up.

Effort and keeping up with the pace of play is all that really matters tonight, everything else is a bonus in the first pre season game.

Reactions: hockeylegend11

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits lead 1-0 at end of 1
Windsor goal by rookie Ryan Abraham (Miedema) gets the lone assist.
Both teams go 0-1 on the PP
Shots on Goal- Sarnia 13 Windsor 7
Sarnia is dressing 18 players
11F,5D,2G

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Big 2nd period for Spits as they score 3 after Sarnia tied the game.
Rookie Ethan Miedema big nite so far has 4 points on the night so far getting 1G ,2A in the 2nd,after assisting on Windsor's 1st period goal.
Kyle McDonald scored on the PP to give Windsor a 2-1 lead,Abraham and Miedema got the assists,3rd goal of the game a shorty by 18 year old rookie Jackson McLlwain, with an assist from Miedema while Wylie Burkett was in the box,then near the end of the Miedema and McLlwain teamed up to score again,this time Miedema with helpers from McLlwain and Nick Grenerio.
Shots in the period 17-11 Sarnia,strong period for Medina.
Shots are 30-18 Sarnia after 2 periods.

Last edited:

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Spits after a great 2nd period,struggled in the 3rd ,as Sarnia scored 3 unanswered goals after Windsor made it 5-1 on a goal scored by Jackson McLlwain his 2nd of the game,3rd point of the game.
Spits were outshot 49-21 for the game as Xavier Medina was outstanding despite allowing 4 goals.
Faceoffs were an issue on the night as well Sarnia with 42-24 edge
Rookies Bronson Ride and Ethan Martin both picked up an assist on McLlwain 's goal in the 3rd,in fact Ride's point was the only one on the night from the D.
Takeaways from this excellent performances from rookies Abraham, Miedema, McLlwain, and vet goalie Medina.
Too many shots on goal,too many losses in the face off circle, things to work on,that is what exhibition games bring out.
Final comment Miedema is going to be a beast in this league,nice to see some points from the 16 year olds, Martin,Ride and Miedema, only O'Flaherty went pointless,and he picked up a costly penalty in the 3rd,which Sarnia scored to make the game 5-3 and put Windsor on its heels the rest of way.
18 year old forward Jackson McLlwain,who was drafted in the 3rd round of the U18
draft in 2020 looks like he wants to make this team judging by his 2G,1A,one goal a shorty and a team leading 5 shots on goal.
2 things forgot to mention
Spits were 2-3 on the PP, and also scored
a shorty and were 2-4 killing penalties.

Last edited:

FiveHoleo

Jul 31, 2021
Who's this McLlwain guy who looks like he wants a job based on the box score? I see he was taken in the 3rd round of the u18 draft but was this sort of performance really expected based on his camp? I figured Miedema would be good, you aren't getting a scrub at 4 overall obviously, but that's till a pretty awesome start. X making the saves he needs to make while facing a lot of rubber, very nice indeed. So far so good, I can't wait to see how things look once we sprinkle in some more vets and imports. Based on this single meaningless exhibition game featuring only a handful of actual players that I didn't actually watch, I'm going to declare that the Spits are the best team in the West. Come get some London.

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
First game, lots of players at camp however not impressed by the shot differential. Too early to read too much into it. A win is a win. Just thankful hockey has started.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Spits players get their feet wet.
Got a win.
Didnt matter how many games played....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad