Windsor Spitfires 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Regarding Savard and this team, I'll say this - I've never seen a team play for each other and their coach like this one. I really hope he's back next season and sticks around for a few more to go for another title.
I was going to mention this too. This Windsor team was never out of any game. You always felt that they could come back, and often they did. It takes very strong leadership from the coach all the way down for this to happen. But Savard got all these kids pulling on the rope together, and it showed.

spits

Jul 24, 2013
Jeff Marek stated that Savard is meeting with a few NHL teams now that the season is over.

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
I'm used to your dumb comments, but this one is on another level.

Or maybe they do a good job of developing those players. To call it sheer luck is just dumb.
You can’t tell me there’s not some element of luck

A player will develop themselves. Coaching IMO has very little to do with it. It’s all up to the player and if they all of a sudden get good out of nowhere then I call that a lucky pick

Section 103

May 25, 2016
Aspect of what? You playing in the East?
We had the most GF in the league and our coach made us sit back? This series should of been over in 6 for Windsor. Our coach botched it in game 4.
Sorry Hamilton didn’t have the better team. It is what it is and congrats to Hamilton and I hope they win the Mem cup.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Pharand (for McTavish) was the only first round pick Hamilton traded for this run. The first round picks before him was Donovan, and prior was Winterton and Morrison - all part of the team. Prior to Pharand, the last 1st round pick Hamilton traded was Connor McMichael (for Robert Thomas).
Don't let facts get in the way of a narrative someone is trying to paint.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Mods please send this to the off season thread! Maybe we can actually talk Spots hockey!

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
nothing to be sad about with this one, game 7s are single games and can go either way. for me the best team won, but thats nothing negative on the spits, they took it further then most thought they could.

said it before and will say it again, THIS is what competitive hockey is, its not losing in the 1st round for 12 straight years and average drafting, relaying on other teams cuts to just field a team. we may have to take a step back a bit over the next year or 2, thats fine, but no longer should it be acceptable for this team to lose 12 straight first rounds, no way. accepting that or just offering excuses as to why its ok or why it happened shouldnt be acceptable. honestly, this team has proven it can do better, lets continue to ask them to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad