Windsor Spitfires 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
It was posted on the Flint board so I did some digging - Firebirds' F Riley Piercey was handed a game misconduct last night, unannounced on TV/radio, for violating 23.6 of the rulebook. That involves:

"Other Infractions That Could Result in a Game Misconduct –
Refer to the Reference Tables – Table 12 – Summary of Game
Misconduct Penalties (page 129) for a list of the infractions that can
result in a game misconduct penalty being assessed (see specific rule
numbers for complete descriptions).
In addition, the following list of infractions can also result in a game
misconduct penalty being assessed:
(i) interfering with or striking a spectator
(ii) racial taunts or slurs
(iii) spitting on or at an opponent or spectator
Any player or non-playing Club personnel who physically interferes
with the spectators, becomes involved in an altercation with a
spectator, or throws any object at a spectator, shall automatically incur
a game misconduct penalty and the Referee shall report all such
infractions to the Commissioner who shall have full power to impose
such further penalty as he shall deem appropriate."

- I don't know what he did, but Legend pointed it out and that's what I've found. No idea if it's just for Game 4, another game or two, or longer.

Reactions: oldPeng

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
It was posted on the Flint board so I did some digging - Firebirds' F Riley Piercey was handed a game misconduct last night, unannounced on TV/radio, for violating 23.6 of the rulebook. That involves:

"Other Infractions That Could Result in a Game Misconduct –
Refer to the Reference Tables – Table 12 – Summary of Game
Misconduct Penalties (page 129) for a list of the infractions that can
result in a game misconduct penalty being assessed (see specific rule
numbers for complete descriptions).
In addition, the following list of infractions can also result in a game
misconduct penalty being assessed:
(i) interfering with or striking a spectator
(ii) racial taunts or slurs
(iii) spitting on or at an opponent or spectator
Any player or non-playing Club personnel who physically interferes
with the spectators, becomes involved in an altercation with a
spectator, or throws any object at a spectator, shall automatically incur
a game misconduct penalty and the Referee shall report all such
infractions to the Commissioner who shall have full power to impose
such further penalty as he shall deem appropriate."

- I don't know what he did, but Legend pointed it out and that's what I've found. No idea if it's just for Game 4, another game or two, or longer.
So u wait n see.
Nothing more.
Nothing to read into.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Would be a big loss for us if he was out “1” game let alone “2”.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
If you think Windsor is holding Othmann to zero goals you haven’t been watching Othmann. Othmann has been shutting down Othmann.
Come on Savard18 this is the Windsor board, give some credit to the Spitfires. He tallied 8 goals in the first two series, NA-DA against Windsor. Say what you want to say, if Othmann's play continues in this series as it has, Flint is going to have a hard time winning two out of the next three games even with Cavallin's goaltending.

Reactions: three dog night

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Come on Savard18 this is the Windsor board, give some credit to the Spitfires. He tallied 8 goals in the first two series, NA-DA against Windsor. Say what you want to say, if Othmann's play continues in this series as it has, Flint is going to have a hard time winning two out of the next three games even with Cavallin's goaltending.
Like I said. You either haven’t been watching him or you just don’t know hockey. There’s a game in Windsor Sunday. Rolf makes no money if you go. Isolate your focus on Brennan when he’s on the ice. He’s been a mess. They’re not even focusing on him to shut him down. He’s over skating pucks. Fanning on one-timers, throwing blind passes right into dangerous areas. He’s had a ton of unforced errors the last two games. I think he’s still hurting from the two shots during the Soo series but it doesn’t explain the numerous ill-advised decisions he’s made and I think now he’s pressing and just squeezing the stick too hard and over-thinking EVERYthing. I hope he can turn it around but right now I’m nervous everytime he touches the puck because he’s been a turnover machine lately.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
Like I said. You either haven’t been watching him or you just don’t know hockey. There’s a game in Windsor Sunday. Rolf makes no money if you go. Isolate your focus on Brennan when he’s on the ice. He’s been a mess. They’re not even focusing on him to shut him down. He’s over skating pucks. Fanning on one-timers, throwing blind passes right into dangerous areas. He’s had a ton of unforced errors the last two games. I think he’s still hurting from the two shots during the Soo series but it doesn’t explain the numerous ill-advised decisions he’s made and I think now he’s pressing and just squeezing the stick too hard and over-thinking EVERYthing. I hope he can turn it around but right now I’m nervous everytime he touches the puck because he’s been a turnover machine lately.
Bottom line......ADVANTAGE Windsor.

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
I went back to watch the replay at the time Piercey got called (9:38 of the third). Windsor was moving the puck up the boards onto Cuylle's stick, Piercey went for a hit, Cuylle knocked Piercey down, then the puck went into the Flint zone and they took control, got a shot on easily gloved by Onuska for the whistle. Looks like Cuylle was going off the ice and Piercey was behind him in his ear at the horn and then it cuts to the TV time out. Didn't look like anything so it had to be something he had said unless extra curricular activities occurred after TV went to commercial.

Based on what I saw and it being home ice, I don't assume spectator related. I'd guess he said something to Cuylle or the Windsor bench that was heard enough to justify a Game and a Suspension.

Weird not knowing what it is, and I'd normally say, trust the officials but with the refs in Game 4, he could've said "Boo I don't like you" and they canned em. Or with Flint being the team most of the calls favored. It may have been something extreme enough that did justify a game + 1.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
So game 4 was another poorly ref’d game. I didn’t want to comment in the heat of it here but I will now. I didn’t have a problem with the calls against Windsor. They were penalties. There were two incidents where I thought Flint absolutely, clearly should have been callled and weren’t though. But let me get this straight....say it out loud with me so you hear how dumb it sounds. “The League. That suspended Rolf Nilsen twice. That took over his team and appointed Junior to run it. That league. Has ref’ed the games biased against Windsor so that Rolf Nilsen....that guy who immediately fired the league commissioners son after regaining control of the team...so his team can win the series.” Ok. I mean are we sure it’s not Dale Hunter pulling the strings just to see Windsor eliminated? I mean c’mon. Speaking of crazy Dale Hunter type accusations....nobody thought it looked a little odd that Baisov who can’t get into a game to save his life is suddenly in the lineup and immediately gets thrown out for taking a run and a headshot at a Firebird?

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Savard

So let me get this straight, the player that Baisov hit in game 2 (Piercey) is the same player who is suspended for tonight's game for comments made to an on ice referee in game 4 and also according to my sources is the same player who spit on a Windsor player,I wont name Spits player to protect my sources in game 1 not penalized or suspended for those actions is suddenly targeted in game 2 I wonder why.
Get your facts straight before pontificating on this forum.

Earlofpoundcake

Sep 22, 2018
Game misc rule 23.6 per scorers sheet. So he either said something or spit or something.
What game did this happen at? There was an interaction with one of the Flint players and a spectator on Monday’s game in Windsor. He called her fat and made motions to a big belly.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
So game 4 was another poorly ref’d game. I didn’t want to comment in the heat of it here but I will now. I didn’t have a problem with the calls against Windsor. They were penalties. There were two incidents where I thought Flint absolutely, clearly should have been callled and weren’t though. But let me get this straight....say it out loud with me so you hear how dumb it sounds. “The League. That suspended Rolf Nilsen twice. That took over his team and appointed Junior to run it. That league. Has ref’ed the games biased against Windsor so that Rolf Nilsen....that guy who immediately fired the league commissioners son after regaining control of the team...so his team can win the series.” Ok. I mean are we sure it’s not Dale Hunter pulling the strings just to see Windsor eliminated? I mean c’mon. Speaking of crazy Dale Hunter type accusations....nobody thought it looked a little odd that Baisov who can’t get into a game to save his life is suddenly in the lineup and immediately gets thrown out for taking a run and a headshot at a Firebird?
I have only one question for you? Why are you still supporting “The League. That suspended Rolf Nilsen twice. That took over his team and appointed Junior to run it. That league. Has ref’ed the games biased against Windsor so that Rolf Nilsen....that guy who immediately fired the league commissioners son after regaining control of the team...so his team can win the series.” I repeat respectively why are you still supporting this?

• Wow
Reactions: DetSpitsFan

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Savard

So let me get this straight, the player that Baisov hit in game 2 (Piercey) is the same player who is suspended for tonight's game for comments made to an on ice referee in game 4 and also according to my sources is the same player who spit on a Windsor player,I wont name Spits player to protect my sources in game 1 not penalized or suspended for those actions is suddenly targeted in game 2 I wonder why.
Get your facts straight before pontificating on this forum.
What are you even talking about? I didn’t mention Piercey in my post. He’s suspended. He obviously did something and is gone for Game 5. End of story. What I’m saying is, there’s like a full page and half claiming the ref’ing in Game 4 was biased against Windsor and the league is out to get Windsor. Are you telling me the league or officials are trying to help Rolf Nielsen’s team win this series? Really? Ok. As far as Baisov goes.....I can only imagine the mass hysteria that would be caused on this thread if Windsor was playing London and in game 3 Dale Hunter rostered some kid who could never break the lineup and then that kid immediately takes a run at a Spits 1st liner and gets suspended. Do I think that’s the case with Baisov? No. Do I think the league has a mandate to help Flint against Windsor? Obviously no. Do I think game 4 was poorly reffed? Well, it’s an OHL game featuring Monette and Ferguson, so you knew it wasn’t going to be good.

I have only one question for you? Why are you still supporting “The League. That suspended Rolf Nilsen twice. That took over his team and appointed Junior to run it. That league. Has ref’ed the games biased against Windsor so that Rolf Nilsen....that guy who immediately fired the league commissioners son after regaining control of the team...so his team can win the series.” I repeat respectively why are you still supporting this?
Why are you still spending all your free time hating on your hometown team and Rolf Nilsen is a much more intriguing question.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
What are you even talking about? I didn’t mention Piercey in my post. He’s suspended. He obviously did something and is gone for Game 5. End of story. What I’m saying is, there’s like a full page and half claiming the ref’ing in Game 4 was biased against Windsor and the league is out to get Windsor. Are you telling me the league or officials are trying to help Rolf Nielsen’s team win this series? Really? Ok. As far as Baisov goes.....I can only imagine the mass hysteria that would be caused on this thread if Windsor was playing London and in game 3 Dale Hunter rostered some kid who could never break the lineup and then that kid immediately takes a run at a Spits 1st liner and gets suspended. Do I think that’s the case with Baisov? No. Do I think the league has a mandate to help Flint against Windsor? Obviously no. Do I think game 4 was poorly reffed? Well, it’s an OHL game featuring Monette and Ferguson, so you knew it wasn’t going to be good.

Why are you still spending all your free time hating on your hometown team and Rolf Nilsen is a much more intriguing question.
So many questions, so few answers. May you and your loved ones have a memorable Memorial Day holiday. God Bless and enjoy tonight's game!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad