Windsor Spitfires 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
How many eng do u want to give Hamilton?
Not a way to give any goalie confidence.
Savard enough. Just play out last 3 min.

Reactions: oldPeng

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Lol unless you're on the 1st line, everyone else should go to the locker room. Coach needs to put his play card away and play for some dignity the last 3 mins. Might as well play Tovell or Medina at this rate.

KyGuy9

Sep 7, 2012
Fun season. Horrific final game. Had the series in their hand but they blew it, hope they take lessons from this experience and come back better next year.

Reactions: oldPeng

LoveHockey76

Oct 12, 2021
Great series! The better teams typically win. Just like when Windsor beat Flint.
I think Flint is better than Hamilton. Hamilton cake walked to the finals. Then had a game seven against a team that played real hockey to get there. Just my opinion but McTavish will some how be snake bitten in the Memorial as usual. Hamilton will be going home fourth or at very best third.

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Blind Date Finale: What looked to be so promising, initially, turned into a total bust ! Got to 3rd base, copped a feel, only to discover that your buddy had hooked you up with a female impersonator. Absolutely no appetite for any form of consummation.

Seriously, the Spits have nothing to be shamed about. They gave it their best, but just ran out of gas, playing against an opponent who never faced real opposition, and were better rested going into this series. This team was defeated by the schedule .

spits

Jul 24, 2013
It was a great season, they obviously didn't play well in game 7 and I think they ran out of gas. Anytime you make it to the game 7 of the championship a loss is difficult to accept but it was lots of fun this season.

We have a short offseason. Look on the bright side. Hamilton literally mortgaged their entire next 2-3 years on this season, the Spits return many players and will have a good team next year, lots to look forward to. If you are a Hamilton fan, you need to enjoy this now, because that Hamilton team will have trouble even making the playoffs the next two to three years considering they have traded their young talent and all of their 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Also after watching that series, I am not convinced Johnston will be playing in Dallas quite yet. I'd say he has about a 30% chance of making the Stars. He wasn't nearly dominant as usual in this series when the time and space was greatly reduced. If guys like Marner were sent back for their 19-year-old season, then it's not unreasonable to think Johnston will be back in Windsor for another season.

Last edited:

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Okay, now that I'm home...

I'm disappointed but not at all upset. I came into this game expecting a loss. When you have a team like Hamilton, at home, with 11K fans, you either have to play the best game of the season... or you're done. Windsor kept themselves in it through the second but couldn't get past that suffocating D. Instead, the Bulldogs slowly built their lead, making the place louder and louder, until the Spits knew they were done. The third felt like the Spits had run out of gas and knew it. Some nights, you're just beaten by a better team and that was tonight.

Props to Hamilton for not only a great series but an outstanding season. Most had them winning in four or five, so for the Spits to take it to Game 7 is a testament to their ability. There's nothing for the Spitfires to feel bad about; that was a REALLY fun season and they exceeded expectations by a fair bit. I mean, even the most critical have to admit that this was a successful season. Are there issues to be worked on? Of course. Did the positives outweigh the negatives? Abso-freakin-lutely.

Yeah, I would have loved to have seen a win and cheered them on in Saint John, but it wasn't meant to be. Getting to G7 of the championship is incredible, though, and I don't think I've ever been that accepting of a series loss before.

Onto the next...

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I have similar feelings OTLTG,disappointed but not upset, proud of the team's accomplishments this past season and it was a long season,u know it's long when's its 100 degrees outside.
Team seemed to run of gas going to the 3rd,probably playing 6 more games in the playoffs then the competition was a factor not an excuse,the 2 best teams in the league going for it would not want it any other way,Hamilton knew they were in a fight after series started
Looking forward to the future and next season,its going to be here sooner then we expect less then 11 weeks before camp,and new memories to occur.
Most enjoyable and eventful season in years.
Congrats to Hamilton you were pushed to a 7th game after a paddy cake tour through your conference.
Really felt for players we know for sure who wont be back,D'amico,Henault, Perrott and Cuylle.
Looking forward to seeing those who are and will be returning, create even more memories.
Great season gang to one and all
Great crowds in Windsor especially the last 2 rounds and the series between 2 heavyweights created large crowds in Hamilton particularly Game 7 record crowd for league final well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad