Windsor Spitfires 2020 Offseason Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
18 cases of covid on 1 team from the Q league. Wonder if that will have an impact with the start for OHL and WHL.

EWIgCiwXgAA0nyS.jpg

Reactions: member 71782

member 71782

18 cases of covid on 1 team from the Q league. Wonder if that will have an impact with the start for OHL and WHL.

Less than two months to go for the O? I don't see how they do it without following the NHL model.

Find four cities, one hotel per team plus one for media and officials or put a bow on it and call it a day.

member 71782

In draft news Windsor prospect Luke Tuch goes in the 2nd round to Montreal.

Would be a nice addition to Windsor's roster but don't see it happening since has an NCAA commitment. It would also mean Bowler getting permission to make some calls, spend some money and recruit a Rychel pick so again, don't see that happening either.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
It is sad for sure. I don’t get how we as fans see how terrible the coach is but the owners don’t.

Faub had a good response. It's at the point where the emperor has no clothes. Just because you're successful at your business doesn't mean you will be successful at owning a sports team. Mike Ilitch was a terrific business man and owner at both levels. His son Chris who was born on 3B is proving he's not a great owner of the Wings or Tigers. For a time things were great having hockey people own a hockey franchise but it costs a lot of capital year after year to keep it running well. Unfortunately they got out and made profit and has have left the team to pot.

Reactions: member 71782

member 71782

Cuylle late in the 2nd to NYR. Good to see him stay in the first two rounds.

spitz fan 4ever

May 13, 2012
Seen one mock draft, had robinsOn in 5th and Rafkin in 6th...currently in 5th...will see...on a side note Tyler Tullio to Edmonton in 5th

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Chatfield qualified by Vancouver and Bracco not qualified by Leafs. I hope Foudy pays attention to Bracco because the skating in circles gig works fine in the OHL but not so fine in the NHL...

Reactions: ohloutsider

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Draft done - Cuylle and Foudy called, the rest will have to wait. I expect someone to take a flyer on Medina, Rafkin, and Henault for NHL camps.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Draft done - Cuylle and Foudy called, the rest will have to wait. I expect someone to take a flyer on Medina, Rafkin, and Henault for NHL camps.
Rafkin will
just need to stay home if the rumors are true that the Leafs will be holding their next training camp in Helsinki

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
I’m not hopeful for a season after today’s announcement that the only way it happens is without contact. Ridiculous to even try to play that way! Good for those drafted, but if this doesn’t shine a spotlight on how poorly our players are being coached nothing will! Problem is, who buys a franchise with what’s going on??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad