Windsor Spitfires 2020 Offseason Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Look at the trends of this province and if you didn't think you could play hockey in September and October you can't possibly believe it's a wise idea to play now.
September and October it wasn't going to be hockey.. it was going to be shinny with no contact. Overall trends of the Province won't matter when selecting a bubble site. But they will when the Province makes it's final decision.

Last edited by a moderator:

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
September and October it wasn't going to be hockey.. it was going to be shinny with no contact. Overall trends of the Province won't matter when selecting a bubble site. But they will when the Province makes it's final decision.

So is Lisa MacLeod now a hero?? A few weeks ago she said that the OHL never came to the table with a proper plan. I'm not going to blame her for saying "no contact" that was merely a red herring and fans alike lit their torches saying it was her fault. I look at it more from the point of view the OHL couldn't put together a comprehensive return to play plan. Of course trend numbers won't be looked at nevermind the fact a city 1 hour away from London just started their 3rd shutdown.

Otto

So is Lisa MacLeod now a hero?? A few weeks ago she said that the OHL never came to the table with a proper plan. I'm not going to blame her for saying "no contact" that was merely a red herring and fans alike lit their torches saying it was her fault. I look at it more from the point of view the OHL couldn't put together a comprehensive return to play plan. Of course trend numbers won't be looked at nevermind the fact a city 1 hour away from London just started their 3rd shutdown.

There you go again.. show me where I even implied that she's a hero

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
There you go again.. show me where I even implied that she's a hero

I never made the implication or correlating what your opinion is of MacLeod. You looked at the first 4-5 words of my post and ignored the rest. Further proof you're not interested in having a conversation. It was a question because people had a huge hate for MacLeod but now that there will be some bastardized season is the opinion of MacLeod changing.

Otto

I never made the implication or correlating what your opinion is of MacLeod. You looked at the first 4-5 words of my post and ignored the rest. Further proof you're not interested in having a conversation. It was a question because people had a huge hate for MacLeod but now that there will be some bastardized season is the opinion of MacLeod changing.
Yes.. that's exactly what I did because at that point I knew there was nothing else worth reading. Your exact words are there. If you were not relating it to my post why did you put it there?

And where did I imply I had a hate for MacLeod? Where did I say anything about this being solely on her?

You want to have a conversation I'm all for it. But then you need to actually post something of relevance to my post when you quote me. Because that's twice in a row now.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
As per CTV news Windsor health board is reviewing a plan to use the WFCU for OHL hockey, plan includes a revamping of the vaccine rollout. IMHO I'm sure they are not going to let hockey bump out vaccines, just reconfigure how they will do it if approved.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
As per CTV news Windsor health board is reviewing a plan to use the WFCU for OHL hockey, plan includes a revamping of the vaccine rollout. IMHO I'm sure they are not going to let hockey bump out vaccines, just reconfigure how they will do it if approved.

You can still have a bubble in Windsor, the two pads are being used for the vaccination clinic. Koeep in mind 80+ the 2nd shot is delayed 4 months now. I would be surprised if the individuals getting the 2nd dose would be getting it at WFCU. When you're being told that your doctor most likely will contact you about the 2nd dose sounds like it wouldn't be at WFCU.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

Might work better if the arena wasn't out in middle of nowhere. Was a few people big idea.....

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Curtis Douglas played tonight (18th) for his Steel Wingz Linz club in Austria. Recorded three goals and four points as their team won their first regulation game of the season (30 games.... 3 OT wins, as well).

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Curtis Douglas played tonight (18th) for his Steel Wingz Linz club in Austria. Recorded three goals and four points as their team won their first regulation game of the season (30 games.... 3 OT wins, as well).
Wonder what the difference is in $$$ between playing hockey in Europe and O/A for the Spits. You have to think in some cases the player is much better off staying away while others if given the chance will be back looking for educational $$.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Wonder what the difference is in $$$ between playing hockey in Europe and O/A for the Spits. You have to think in some cases the player is much better off staying away while others if given the chance will be back looking for educational $$.
You would have to think considering the win/loss ratio for his team that they will likely be done soon. He can finish up there and then return as an OA. Even if he is a little later than others he will be in game shape and after his 14 days he can fit right in.

Reactions: punch1943

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
You can still have a bubble in Windsor, the two pads are being used for the vaccination clinic. Koeep in mind 80+ the 2nd shot is delayed 4 months now. I would be surprised if the individuals getting the 2nd dose would be getting it at WFCU. When you're being told that your doctor most likely will contact you about the 2nd dose sounds like it wouldn't be at WFCU.
Garbage hockey .long as its free to limited public

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Former Spitfire D-man Connor Corcoran dressed for his 1st game of the season last night for Henderson Silver Knights (AHL). Not sure if he got any ice time but he was listed as dressed.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Per Jim Parker - Angle signs entry-level deal with Columbus.

The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed forward Tyler Angle to a three-year entry level contract beginning in the 2021-22 season, club General Manager and Alternate Governor Jarmo Kekalainen announced today. Angle was selected by the Blue Jackets in the seventh round pick, 212th overall, at the 2019 NHL Draft.
Angle, 20, who is currently on an amateur tryout contract with the American Hockey League's Cleveland Monsters, has registered four goals and three assists for seven points with a +2 plus/minus rating in six contests with the club this season. He is tied for the team lead in goals and ranks sixth in points and leads Monsters rookies in goals and ranks second in points. The 5-10, 178-pound forward has recorded points in his first five AHL contests, including two multi-point efforts. He notched a goal in his professional debut on March 5 at Chicago (Antoine Bibeau).

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
So I’m not allowed to comment on the other post about what if there’s no season.... must have hit a nerve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad