Windsor Spitfires 2019 Offseason Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Percyma

Oct 30, 2011
Nobody should give a pass to this coaching staff .
Should all be fired.

Can you give us all a quick summary of YOUR coaching qualifications? And are you polishing up that impressive coaching resume of yours so you can apply to coach the Spitfires when then the team has an opening with your coaching pedigree?

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Can you give us all a quick summary of YOUR coaching qualifications? And are you polishing up that impressive coaching resume of yours so you can apply to coach the Spitfires when then the team has an opening with your coaching pedigree?

I didn't see where windsor7 was pining for the head coaching job. I do believe fans have questioned the coaching this past year. Whether it was playing certain players too much and more talented players very little. As long as there's uncertainty in the board room this franchise will have a difficult time thriving at the highest level.

Reactions: Sec108 and nelli27

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Fans/media are allowed to question coaches. I think most of us on here, as well as media around town, have seen the game long enough to know when something isn't right. Why not keep Cuylle/Foudy together? Why not keep Boka in a checking role? Why not put Douglas/Purboo in front of the net on a PP? Do we need to have OHL coaching qualifications in order to go "this doesn't seem right" or "this has worked, why change it"? No.

Reactions: nelli27

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
June 1st..trade window is open. Let’s be positive this June. You have to expect the Spits to make some moves, signings or trades to get the collective fan base juices flowing. Anybody care to predict the next player signing. Anybody care to guess as to the 1st player traded.(not who you want traded but who you think will be traded.)

OHL 17

Nov 8, 2018
Windsor, On
I think Frasca will be traded first, but "Coaches favourite Boka", should be the first. Leadership was missing on this team...coach should go. Look what Berube did in St. Louis. Hold players accountable for full effort, change things when they don't work, do what's right, not what makes certain players happy! Take control or resign as coach!!!!

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

So u like the coaching?

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Did you forget to list your own extensive coaching background?

When did i say i coached?
However the coaching staff stinks.
Out coached every game. Bad bad decisions every game. Any fan can see this if u dont have the blinders on.
R u related to one of them u need to defend them?

Reactions: Earlofpoundcake

Percyma

Oct 30, 2011
However the coaching staff stinks.
Out coached every game. Bad bad decisions every game.

Care to expand on this? what exactly are these 'bad decisions' and what other courses of actions should have been taken by the coaching staff to right these 'bad decisions'?

I am quickly getting the impression that you don't like being called out, do you?

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Care to expand on this? what exactly are these 'bad decisions' and what other courses of actions should have been taken by the coaching staff to right these 'bad decisions'?

I am quickly getting the impression that you don't like being called out, do you?

Playing certain players too much.
Stale coaching style. Not adapting to the play. Being stubborn

Reactions: Sec108 and ohl17

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere

Lack of changing the PP. not using Cuylle in OTs. Not using cuylle and foudy together on 5-3’s. Over playing Boka when he isn’t a top 6 forward. Why didn’t the younger guys play more if we rebuilding. Why didn’t Kari play more down the stretch to see what he was capable of to know if he someone who needs to come back or not

Percyma

Oct 30, 2011
Playing certain players too much.
Stale coaching style. Not adapting to the play. Being stubborn

Who are these certain players and what is a stale coaching style? Specifics please and while you are at that, how about some examples of not adapting to the play and who is being stubborn?

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Lack of changing the PP. not using Cuylle in OTs. Not using cuylle and foudy together on 5-3’s. Over playing Boka when he isn’t a top 6 forward. Why didn’t the younger guys play more if we rebuilding. Why didn’t Kari play more down the stretch to see what he was capable of to know if he someone who needs to come back or not

That's about right. Of course with everything that has gone on if Letowski does return it will be like kicking the can down the road.

Reactions: Sec108 and windsor7

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Windsor-related - Anthony Salinitri has signed on with the UWindsor Lancers.

They could have a solid team. Lots of returning players.
And he can bank a bunch of cash from his education package, living at home.
Family friends, job and can take a shot at Europe if he chooses when he is done.
He talked with some schools out east as well but seems like a good fit to stay home.

Sec108

Sep 5, 2011
Who are these certain players and what is a stale coaching style? Specifics please and while you are at that, how about some examples of not adapting to the play and who is being stubborn?
Nice list ...but you forgot to mention putting a red light on any physical play or standing up for team mates.

Maybe Boka isnt all to blame for his lack of leadership shown, there was other factors.I dont blame him for wanting out of this cluster puck and putting in his OA season and getting the money for school.:thumbu:

OHL 17

Nov 8, 2018
Windsor, On
The Yakutsk Woolies have a pretty good roster coming back!

If he is made captain (doesn't matter if he can communicate), and promised first line minutes..play the whole powerplay...ect, ect.... it might meet his demands, and make him happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad