GDT: 2023-24 Western Conference Quarter Finals LA Kings vs Edmonton Oilers @7:00pm 5/1/24 Oilers lead 3-1

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
I thought Spence showed he belonged. He was pretty solid.

Thomas progressed, but Kings rule says he cannot dress for playoffs. .
Sure, but Spence is too small for top 4, lets be honest. We are developing a 3rd pair guy there.
Thomas should have got 40 games not 4

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Sure, but Spence is too small for top 4, lets be honest. We are developing a 3rd pair guy there.
Martinez existed in that realm and if that is his projection he will be solid. At minimum Spence should see more PP time.

Thomas it's inexplicable why he did not draw in by at least game 3 of this series

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
GMjIy5-XcAA7KbY

More OZ possession time, but way less quality shots.
Three of the 5 games the Kings had to have less than 10 quality chances. I'm not even sure they had 1 in game 4.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
The Clowns of the Fraudcast were split on the prediction for tonight but united on Blake coming back next season.

If you ignore their 30 minutes of grievances against people who disagree with them, then they admit to having sources in the organization while also buying seats at full price for 30+ years.

The Mayor was unable to pick against the Kings in this elimination game. He can’t find a way to say the series is over without abandoning his faith in everything the franchise does that he truly believes was correct at the time.

DB is more skeptical because he’s not from SoCal and still struggles with freeways after 50+ years. It’s a coin flip either way for him tonight so it’s easy to ride the fence. But he’s all good either way because he still pays attention to east coast teams and has enough Marriot points to stay for free at a hotel close to a second round matchup.

This is what we get as Kings fans from the co opted media. At least the in house media isn’t calling the hard core fans donkeys while eulogizing BLuc’s remedial GED class.

I was going to come here to post the same thing. I listened today and just couldn't believe how ridiculous these guys (especially Hoven) sound.

Hoven

"You could argue that this LA Kings team is perhaps not as good as the 2014 team" - Perhaps?

Hoven calls some Kings fans who disagree with him "donkeys and knuckleheads" and then a couple of minutes later says how we have a societal problem of hating people who we disagree with.

Perhaps people think you have a relationship with the FO that effects your judgement because you have members of the FO on for interviews and call them by their nicknames and just give them a platform to lie to the "knuckleheads and donkeys" fanbase.

They both claim that if they didn't have the relationships they have with the FO they wouldn't have press access. These guys try and defend themselves and then make the FO look like an Authoritarian government.

They have the nerve to compare themselves to Razor Ramon

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Spurgeon would like a word

you just have to be more intentional when you're building your defense, not pick up the same 6 dudes

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
Martinez existed in that realm and if that is his projection he will be solid. At minimum Spence should see more PP time.

Thomas it's inexplicable why he did not draw in by at least game 3 of this series
Martinez is 6-1 over 200, Spence is 5-10 175, there's some work to do for Spence in the weight room and the training table, maybe he gets there.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Spence is on the Alec Martinez progression, he is a pretty good puck-moving third-pairing guy and could still take a few steps forward

Spence has a bottom pair future for sure, but Amart is 6-1 and I really can't remember him getting outwork along the boards the way Spence did in the playoffs. He needs 30 more lbs. He also need 4 more inches. :nod: Clarke can't get here fast enough to generate consistent scoring from the back end.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
What do you guys think for next season with the centers?

Byfield 1C
Kopitar 2C
Danault 3C
? 4C
(This is with the assumption PLD is gone)

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
What do you guys think for next season with the centers?

Byfield 1C
Kopitar 2C
Danault 3C
? 4C
(This is with the assumption PLD is gone)

If those players are the centers, no need for me to pay attention to the Kings next year.

I think it's time to get rid of every single person under a certain age for any futures value we can get .

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I already warned my fiancee I may develop a drinking problem.
Yeah and let's put this game into proper perspective here. They scored one goal in Game 3, none in Game 4, one straight up fluke goal tonight and one good one, game's over by the time we scored the third so whatever. I would hope that everyone is watching what we watched here and that everyone is drinking from the same kool-aid bucket. 8.5 million for one point, that's some kind of sick joke.

Some people want to complain about Byfield and talk about selling the whole team but I don't think the situation is quite that desperate. Obviously there are a lot of changes that need to be made, of course Dubois is probably the biggest of those necessary changes, but changing the coach and front office will solve many of these problems.

That roster of the 2022 team puts some of this into perspective, because frankly that team is much worse than this one on paper. I'm glad someone posted it. Of course the problem with our current roster on paper is that we have parts that don't mesh. There are some decisions that need to be made about the roles of our best players too. You can't have a 37 year old center a line with your two best offensive forwards on it, and simultaneously that line is also the shutdown line. That being said, a coach can fix some of these problems on their own without roster turnover. For the others, some of these guys will fit in really well on other teams and should have some value. I think if anyone's expecting that the Kings should quickly flog off their spare parts for the first good offer they get, that they're wrong. A good GM and good coach would be able to turn this roster over if the Kings hired good ones, but that's in question too

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
D
Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Clarke
Englund-Spence

Depends on who the next GM is and how creative they are.
Gavrikov has one year left on his deal, but he does have an NMC. If he'd waive it, guy's gotta go. We don't have cap space but for the team to make changes, the GM has to find some.

Reactions: Reaper45

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
D
Anderson-Doughty
Gavrikov-Clarke
Englund-Spence

Depends on who the next GM is and how creative they are.
Get Doughty off to Toronto.. Kings did better without him in 2022 playoffs. Why? Because Durzi was running the PP and he DD wasnt there to settle every play down behind the net. Englund is a liability.. filled in admirably this season but Kings need a better 3LD. Gavrikov has been garbage for last 2 months. not sure whats wrong with him.. maybe its his knee needs more time... if he still lags, then see about moving him, or just dont re-sign him.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
If those players are the centers, no need for me to pay attention to the Kings next year.

I think it's time to get rid of every single person under a certain age for any futures value we can get .
Are you kidding me? This is a better setup than what the dumb coaches had going this season! Kopitar is still capable of being a 2C. He was overplayed as a 1C and had mostly nothing left for the playoffs. Danault is a better fit at 3C.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Get Doughty off to Toronto.. Kings did better without him in 2022 playoffs. Why? Because Durzi was running the PP and he DD wasnt there to settle every play down behind the net. Englund is a liability.. filled in admirably this season but Kings need a better 3LD. Gavrikov has been garbage for last 2 months. not sure whats wrong with him.. maybe its his knee needs more time... if he still lags, then see about moving him, or just dont re-sign him.
Doughty for Marner, but let's be realistic Doughty is a King for life!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad