Windsor Spitfires 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
The last 1A 1B situation was in 2016 with Culina and DiPietro. Thompson started Culina the first 2 games. Culina wasn't good and they were down 0-2 only to start DiPietro in game 3 in a must win and well the rest was history. The 1A 1B situation isn't a good situation because the you're asking the coach to flip a coin at that point.

Coaching......

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
I just got tired of bickering with rayzor! Read and move on with him. He has no hockey coaching, playing or high level any sport experience yet he continues to opine like he knows the ins and outs. Drivel is the right word. I’m betting he’s a London fan trolling here. Some of you do go on a bit much, I get fan-Dom but let’s all try and be even keeled when talking like we’re pretty savvy about what goes on. I’m not a 1 1B fan. But I’m also not ok with riding a rookie goalie. Unless his name was Mikey lol. This team also has brutal D , that alone would compel me to rotate tenders.

Reactions: randomhero4life

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
When all you do is post negative drivel continually for how many years now... Why do you get all pissy? You don't seem to grasp the concept of 50/50 thinking. You say nobody has said they haven't played well.......here's the thing Rayzor I honestly cannot remember when you ever said that. Honestly this team could win 10 straight and you would complain. It's very hard to take you serious. You are the last poster that should be saying to someone that they don't post after a game!! I have seen the Spits win many games and you are no where to be found, and then when confronted about it you give some lame excuse as to why you didn't. You and your lap dog windsor 7 have made it your mission in life to not like what many post on here...we get it!! Seriously it's getting old. I have seen when the Spits have played well you get desperate for attention and praise Dale Hunter on this thread just to see if you could get a rise out of people, or you state that windsor7 is the best poster on this board etc...so many other dumb posts with the same agenda. You should really make this year 2020 the year you seek out some help. It must be very hard living in a state of doom and gloom all the time.

I get desperate for attention?? I would say desperation is getting another username on this forum and insulting me but that's neither here nor there.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Rayzor

You can relate to drivel,you're the epitome of that.
As for Keller missed on that one,Windsor won the Cup without him.
As for Gotcha how did you do on Christian Fischer you said he wouldn't come,and as recently as last year at this time you said Afanaseyev with his Michigan committment wouldn't come,what say you now,doubt you will admit,
you were
wrong about both,like I did with Keller.
As for posting, you weren't seen much during Windsor's 8-1-1 streak before the loss to London,them boom Rayzor appears shocking.
Oh,should ask how is your buddy Josh Ho Sang doing, figured you would ,know seeing you were/are his biggest slappy on these boards.

I was far from a Ho-Sang slappy. Thought he was made the scapegoat for many of the problems Windsor and his success in Niagara showed that when the right talent was around him he could flourish. That doesn't mean he was going to have any NHL success just that it's a lot easier to find a scapegoat when things are going sideways.

You're the same dude that spoke glowingly about acquiring Cody Morgan then just trashed the guy once he was out the door.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I just got tired of bickering with rayzor! Read and move on with him. He has no hockey coaching, playing or high level any sport experience yet he continues to opine like he knows the ins and outs. Drivel is the right word. I’m betting he’s a London fan trolling here. Some of you do go on a bit much, I get fan-Dom but let’s all try and be even keeled when talking like we’re pretty savvy about what goes on. I’m not a 1 1B fan. But I’m also not ok with riding a rookie goalie. Unless his name was Mikey lol. This team also has brutal D , that alone would compel me to rotate tenders.

Oh I get it the old "if you never played the sport you can't have an opinion" angle. If that's the case we can just close up shop on this board because I doubt all 2700 on at this moment have played the sport for a living.

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
I get desperate for attention?? I would say desperation is getting another username on this forum and insulting me but that's neither here nor there.
I have never had another username! I would never need a different account or username to tell you right hand what I think of you!, you should know that by now! :laugh: You off your meds today?

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
Oh I get it the old "if you never played the sport you can't have an opinion" angle. If that's the case we can just close up shop on this board because I doubt all 2700 on at this moment have played the sport for a living.

Many people that do post on this message board do have a hockey background......and when we read your posts we cannot help but say something! :laugh: You and windsor7 are the perfect pair I tell's ya!!

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
9C31EBF6-A1AA-42CE-8862-205D6BC143D0.jpeg

Reactions: Teflon and OHLTG

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI

Here’s the deal. Much like the 15yo who just finished taking driver’s training knows more about actually driving a car than the 40yo who has watched Bullet and Fast and Furious sixty times but never been behind the wheel, the Bantam A player is gonna have a better grasp and knowledge of the game than someone that’s never been on the ice. A squirt house kid probably will. I’ve played travel, school, and men’s league versions of different sports. Football, basketball and hockey. The game, the bench, the locker room, team chemistry is much different in hockey. Go look at the top travel coaches in Detroit. You’ll see Stanley Cup Champion Brian Rolston coaching against (and losing at times) a guy you’ve never heard of that never got close to playing pro. You won’t find a coach that just watched a bunch of hockey. It’s like getting on a forum about fighter pilots and me telling the commercial jet pilot we have the same insight into being a combat pilot because he just flys a jet for FedEx. You can have an opinion, and sometimes it might be dead on 100% but on average it’s not gonna hold the weight of an actual player, ex-player or coach.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
In the words of Greta Thunberg,How dare you,How dare you say post something positive about the Spits,you"ll likely incur the wrath of Razor is Dull ha ha.

^This doesn't help.

Congrats to the Spits on being in the top 10.

HL .... Have you ever posted on here questioning the integrity, in any way, of the top 10 rankings? Or suggested they don't matter in reference to Windsor or any other team?

Last edited:

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Just going to leave this here...

Spitfires remain #9 in CHL Top 10.
Hopefully things will remain status quo the next time the CHL Top 10 is posted but IMHO the team will not get a sniff of the top ten for the rest of the season. My opinion early on was that we were a 5-6 team and in spite of our early success I still figure we will end up a 5-6 team.

Reactions: aresknights

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
This doesn't help.

HL .... Have you ever posted on here questioning the integrity, in any way, of the top 10 rankings? Or suggested they dont matter in reference to Windsor or any other team?

Highly unlikely

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
This doesn't help.

HL .... Have you ever posted on here questioning the integrity, in any way, of the top 10 rankings? Or suggested they dont matter in reference to Windsor or any other team?
IMO, rankings are only good for creating conversation about them. Using that basis, the CHL rankings are successful.

Personally, I don't understand how the 9th rated Spitfires get thumped by the HM Knights in Windsor and London also wins the other two games during the week and the rankings remain unchanged. But, I just discussed my opinion, so the rankings did their job.

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
This doesn't help.

I myself like that Spits made this "list" but truthfully I feel this list is a marketing tool, and to some to an extent a distraction.

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
I wasn't necessarily referring to a team distraction...
I understand that, just this ranking in all honesty means nothing in my opinion, but that's it.... Only my opinion. Some people believe this ranking has merit, I just think that when it comes to Junior Hockey.... All bets are off, anything can happen and huge surprises have happened as recently as last year. This time last year everyone was predicting the 67's to win in all. The only thing certain is that it is going to be very entertaining to see how it all plays out.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
IMO, rankings are only good for creating conversation about them. Using that basis, the CHL rankings are successful.

Personally, I don't understand how the 9th rated Spitfires get thumped by the HM Knights in Windsor and London also wins the other two games during the week and the rankings remain unchanged. But, I just discussed my opinion, so the rankings did their job.

I would agree. You can take what you want from it but the ranking means nothing when the puck is dropped. It's not like the team gets an extra PP or starts with an extra goal. It's just weird how scouts in the Q will put together a top 10 list of teams in the W and O and they have never seen those teams this year unless they saw a game on tv but that's probably doubtful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad