Windsor Spitfires 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
The amusing thing is that if you told anyone here in Sept that we'd be in the Top 10 come late January, all heck would have broken loose. Better to be on than not, I guess...

Wonder if u told everyone they would be?

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Flint in town tonight. Wonder if Purboo is back in the lineup? Nice to see the lines settle in a bit as they head toward the playoffs.

This weekend is really hard to predict. 3 games they could lose or 3 games they could win? Pulling out 4 points would be a good weekend in my eyes anyway. Going to be really hard to keep ahead of the pack but this team has surprised me all year so why not?

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Flint in town tonight. Wonder if Purboo is back in the lineup? Nice to see the lines settle in a bit as they head toward the playoffs.

This weekend is really hard to predict. 3 games they could lose or 3 games they could win? Pulling out 4 points would be a good weekend in my eyes anyway. Going to be really hard to keep ahead of the pack but this team has surprised me all year so why not?

Tonight should be a win

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
Maybe just maybe they can cover guys in the slot so they aren’t so wide open. Or maybe try to get all 5 guys below goal line going after a puck wtf

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
Since the second is often our “bad” period, does someone wanna let me know when they start the third.

Yikes that was rough.

4 Days Rest, Full Lineup, At Home. No excuses for this game.

Reactions: randomhero4life

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
The only thing i’m hoping for is the flu going thru team or else this is a bad 3 game stretch if they don’t turn this around.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
What a shit show!
Nobody is hustling.
Trevor has them prepared it looks like. Haha

member 71782

This weekend is off to an ugly start. Maybe they surprise us tomorrow and show up.

While not many were good tonight the kids outplayed the vets overall so I imagine a couple of those kids will sit tomorrow so Playfair and Rupoli can draw back in.

Medina didn't get much help but he wasn't at his best either.

Tovell gets a chance to play, showed he has some potential but it was roughly half a game with a team in front that didn't show up and has looked pretty rough for a few games now.

Off to London.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
This weekend is off to an ugly start. Maybe they surprise us tomorrow and show up.

While not many were good tonight the kids outplayed the vets overall so I imagine a couple of those kids will sit tomorrow so Playfair and Rupoli can draw back in.

Tovell gets a chance to play, showed he has some potential but it was roughly half a game with a team in front that didn't show up and has looked pretty rough for a few games now.

Off to London.

That sums up how trevor would coach. Give the vets every chance. Sit the kids.

Oct 3, 2019

Off to London.

I do agree, kids really did outplay the vets, Zito and Johnston mostly.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I'm not really sure what that was.

Windsor started off slow, got even slower, and I'm pretty sure I saw them standing there watching by the second period. Flint took full advantage and didn't let up. Medina wasn't great but got absolutely zero help.

Tovell played pretty well, despite it being his OHL debut in relief and Jr C being his highest level so far. He had nothing to really lose.

This was a gut-check game. You play like this tomorrow, or even Saturday, and it's 10-0. The team is better than this. We know they are. You want it, go out and get it.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->