Windsor Spitfires 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Windsor has had a very good first 40. You are what your record says you are.
About 30 games to go.
Does the Spits schedule get seemingly tougher here on out, or did they face the harder stretch the first 39?

Get tougher for rest of year.
Lots of games to play.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I know he takes quite a bit of heat on here but if they continue to win Letowski has to be in consideration for Coach of the Year doesn’t he? I mean really who saw this happening and as I posted earlier this is for sure beyond “smoke and mirrors” at this point.
Burnett in Guelph comes to mind as well but I think we see Guelph cool off down the stretch. I like Flints coach (Wellwood) as well but they will need a big second half I think for him to jump into consideration.
LOL don’t flame me I’m just bringing up something that I think deserves some “friendly debate”? What do you all think?

Personally i still dont like his style.
However he has made a few changes this year and it has benefited and the team is doing well.
When his contracts up soon i still look elsewhere.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Outsider

Playfair got to start the game probably because he is from Kitchener-Waterloo,and making his last appearance in Kitchener for his OHL career classy move by Letowski.

R u saying Windsor going to finaly dump him? He could be a OA. Though based on his performance last year and this year there no point.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
R u saying Windsor going to finaly dump him? He could be a OA. Though based on his performance last year and this year there no point.

Because of injuries last year, had no problems with him last year ,
this year unfortunately has not been able to produce offensively and while he is eligible to return next year as an oa,it wont happen even if Angle and Douglas whom I expect to return dont
Great kid,terrific team ambassador in the community.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
this year unfortunately has not been able to produce offensively and while he is eligible to return next year as an oa,it wont happen even if Angle and Douglas whom I expect to return dont

So bowler will actually make a trade?? Lol

madmarce

Nov 1, 2018
When you come from the backside of a player and hit him its blindsiding. Its really pretty clear. First one he got him in the head. I can see why he was upset. I’ve also seen Tkachuk get hip checked and he started crosschecking the player once he pulled him down to ice with him. So if you play dirty you got to expect someone will come after you.
EOLeT1TUYAAZCz5

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
So bowler will actually make a trade?? Lol
Guess we will find out after current season ends.
He has made 3 trades since getting the GM position.
1-Trading Jordan Frasca to Kingston for a 6th round pick
2-Trading Nathan Staios to Hamilton for 3-2nd round picks,plus a conditional 3rd and 5th,assuming Staios plays an o/a season.
Also gained a gold package in the process,with Staios moving on
appears they haven't missed either player based on how Windsor is doing this season thus fair.
Would prefer they kept Frasca,and my sources say he didn't asked to be moved.
3- His 3rd trade was picking up dman Joseph Rupoli from Kitchener for a 12th rounder.

Reactions: Earlofpoundcake

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

If he bad now and has bee why keep him for the last 30 games?

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Guess we will find out after current season ends.
He has made 3 trades since getting the GM position.
1-Trading Jordan Frasca to Kingston for a 6th round pick
2-Trading Nathan Staios to Hamilton for 3-2nd round picks,plus a conditional 3rd and 5th,assuming Staios plays an o/a season.
Also gained a gold package in the process,with Staios moving on
appears they haven't missed either player based on how Windsor is doing this season thus fair.
Would prefer they kept Frasca,and my sources say he didn't asked to be moved.
3- His 3rd trade was picking up dman Joseph Rupoli from Kitchener for a 12th rounder.

Wasnt Rychel still around for most of these trades? Not the rupoli.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Dont want to be like last year, short bodies,plus he still is a good defensive player,who can take skate and take draws.

But not good enough for next year. And with limited picks n nobody really in the system still going to dump him?

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
But not good enough for next year. And with limited picks n nobody really in the system still going to dump him?
Next year is different, and there are possible players in the system who will make a push next year to make the squad,plus possible deals and also the drafts.
Like I said with Douglas and Angle pencilled in by myself as oa forwards no room for any overagers upfront.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Next year is different, and there are possible players in the system who will make a push next year to make the squad,plus possible deals and also the drafts.
Like I said with Douglas and Angle pencilled in by myself as oa forwards no room for any overagers upfront.

Who in the system? Other than jordin. Sorry for the spelling mistake.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Two 2nds and two 4ths... plus their first round pick. That's four guys, plus an extra, who could make the club JUST from the draft. Add in any other draftees, trades, etc... no real issues.

As well you can add possibles such as Tanner Kelly,Cade Lemmer,Ben Felicetti, McKay Hayes,Johnny Ulicny, Justin Brown,Ty Mcdonald,Eric Vitale,Sutter Muzzatti, all forwards
dmen include James Jodoin and Zak Kruszewski
Goalies include Matt Tovell and Jeff Botelho.
Not saying all will or would be ready but there will be options.

Reactions: OHLTG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad