Windsor Spitfires 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
It wasn't erie fault Windsor was under sanctions. Only Windsor fault.
#excuses.
It wasn't Windsor's fault that Dipietro was the best goalie in the tourney and he wasn't 18 yet.
Great draft pick in the 2nd round by Windsor.
I never blamed anybody for Windsor's situation, but they overcame them anyways and you hated it.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
And my point is that Erie had enough assets to go and get Tyler Radysh,Warren Fogele,Anthony Cirelli,Cameron Lizotte, and got Dylan Strome back from Arizona, whereas Windsor was still under sanctions,did not have a 1st round pick to deal or use,Erie did and traded it to get Cirelli,Windsor did not get Fischer back from Arizona, had to go out and get Bracco, which turned out great.
Both teams started the season after Mem Cup tourney equal on my view and Erie has not been great either if Windsor is being pegged as under achieving.
I don’t think anyone is say erie is great at all. Stop with the sanctions. Portland got hit harder then Windsor and still never finished with less then 75 points since them. I think Erie was a bit behind after them Mem Cup. Erie didn’t have much to trade after there run and Windsor had a lot of pieces they could move to replenish the system.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
It wasn't Windsor's fault that Dipietro was the best goalie in the tourney and he wasn't 18 yet.
Great draft pick in the 2nd round by Windsor.
I never blamed anybody for Windsor's situation, but they overcame them anyways and you hated it.

U r just using it as a excuse.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I don’t think anyone is say erie is great at all. Stop with the sanctions. Portland got hit harder then Windsor and still never finished with less then 75 points since them. I think Erie was a bit behind after them Mem Cup. Erie didn’t have much to trade after there run and Windsor had a lot of pieces they could move to replenish the system.

Agreed.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
I just came on and said "...and here we go again."

We're less than a month into the season; Jodoin is fine.
Yep and it your buddy that started it. Brought up mem cup and erie.

And Jodine being a young kid should be in lasalle logging minutes in game action. Practice all you want but its the games that really help you develop

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario

And Jodine being a young kid should be in lasalle logging minutes in game action. Practice all you want but its the games that really help you develop

It takes two to bicker, right?

I agree that Jodoin should be in LaSalle soon. We're early in the season so I don't know what's going on behind closed doors (decisions-wise), but he needs to play. We've seen he has some good raw talent but it won't do much if he's in the press box much longer.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Rayzor

Name one the thing that the Erie Otters,do better then almost all teams,the other team that won a championship the same year Windsor won the Mem Cup.
Should be known that the Otters have missed the playoffs the last 2 seasons since their league championship, their record since then is 54-77-10-4,while Windsor in the same stretch has gone 62-66-10-7.
4 games under 500 after 145 Regular season games is alot different then 23 games under 500 and missing the playoffs twice,compared to Windso6 making the post season both years.
Based on your theory it seems Erie too has an identity problem no?

Are you back on the Memorial Cup year? The Otters did have 4 straight years of 100+ points and yes it's logical to believe that their bottom might last a bit longer than another team. This is just plain deflection from you and not wanting to answer a question about the Spitfires though. Scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to compare the 2 teams as if to say 62-66-10-7 is some mark of respectability. Nice to see you back though carrying the water for the Spits again.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
It takes two to bicker, right?

I agree that Jodoin should be in LaSalle soon. We're early in the season so I don't know what's going on behind closed doors (decisions-wise), but he needs to play. We've seen he has some good raw talent but it won't do much if he's in the press box much longer.

And another deflection from you as well. The discussion was about what ails the Spits and someone wants to bring up Erie and a Memorial Cup. In other words what he brought up is irrelevant. You must be really happy he's back so you can pat each other on the back.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
And another deflection from you as well. The discussion was about what ails the Spits and someone wants to bring up Erie and a Memorial Cup. In other words what he brought up is irrelevant. You must be really happy he's back so you can pat each other on the back.

Deflection? When I said the pointless bickering is back (truth) or Jodoin should be in LaSalle (which was brought up)? Sorry, how dare I actually... talk hockey? :laugh:

Reactions: hockeylegend11

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Are you back on the Memorial Cup year? The Otters did have 4 straight years of 100+ points and yes it's logical to believe that their bottom might last a bit longer than another team. This is just plain deflection from you and not wanting to answer a question about the Spitfires though. Scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to compare the 2 teams as if to say 62-66-10-7 is some mark of respectability. Nice to see you back though carrying the water for the Spits again.

You are missing point,didnt want to talk Mem Cup but moreso the records of both Windsor and Erie 2 teams who went for it in the same year,had successes,and are trying to get to do the same thing.Both teams coaches previous moved on.
It's a process for most teams after success to repeat that.
I see little differences between the 2 clubs,its not surprising that it takes awhile to rebuild.
As for carrying the water,if mentioning both positive and negative things happening is that I will continue to do so instead of being mostly negative like you usually are.
You say little when they win,but alot when they lose.

Last edited:

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Game night
Windsor vs Flint
Who gets the start tonight
Piironen or Medina?
My choice-Medina tonight
Piironen at London tomorrow night
What say you?

Reactions: OHLTG

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

Exactly

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
You are missing point,didnt want to talk Mem Cup but moreso the records of both Windsor and Erie 2 teams who went for it in the same year,had successes,and are trying to get to do the same thing.Both teams coaches previous moved on.
I see little differences between the 2 clubs,its not surprising that it takes awhile to rebuild.
As for carrying the water,if mentioning both positive and negative things happening is that I will continue to do so instead of being mostly negative like you usually are.

Interesting u mention posting about wins n losses.... hmmm

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

I guard the door

Sep 16, 2019
Game night
Windsor vs Flint
Piironen or Medina?
My choice-Medina tonight
What say you?

I don't mind that but if the team continues to come out flat or takes excessive penalties, it won't matter who is in net.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Game night
Windsor vs Flint
Piironen or Medina?
My choice-Medina tonight
What say you?
Best chance to win a pair methinks. However Spits will probably play Piiroinen in the 'Pink in the Rink' game as he still is the de facto starter..

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
Deflection? When I said the pointless bickering is back (truth) or Jodoin should be in LaSalle (which was brought up)? Sorry, how dare I actually... talk hockey? :laugh:

If I could have a early Christmas present this year it would be for you and Rayzor to meet up and scrap it out!! :laugh:

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

I am sure it was just a coincidence you used Erie, there might only be 1 other person here that believes you. Why not compare Windsor to say Saginaw in 17/18? I mean after all it came down to that final regular season game for whether a 6th seed or 8th seed. The reason you wouldn't is it wouldn't fit your narrative.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad