Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Per Jim Parker - Angle (injury) and Allen (healthy) are the two scratches. Morgan and Frasca are in the lineup. Allen seems to be part of the rotation.

member 71782

Not a good start in the first, Windsor trailing by one and being out played by Flint.

Improved play in the second, Windsor ties it up at one.

Last edited by a moderator:

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
DiPietro interviewed by Flint and he's not upset about being backup tonight. Sounds like had a bit of the flu this week so it's a good chance to rest up before two big games.

Interesting - he considered college due to his size but, obviously, chose the OHL route. He's very happy with how his education has gone and how the team stresses school first.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Even if the Spitfires pull this one out, it has very much looked like a case of Windsor taking Flint way too lightly, and the Firebirds working their tails off to get anything they can.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
DiPietro interviewed by Flint and he's not upset about being backup tonight. Sounds like had a bit of the flu this week so it's a good chance to rest up before two big games.

Interesting - he considered college due to his size but, obviously, chose the OHL route. He's very happy with how his education has gone and how the team stresses school first.
You know he isn’t upset how. Cause he said so on TV interview?? If he was unhappy i’m sure he isn’t going to say that to TV audience

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
There are ways to say you're disappointed without being blunt. Ilnesses have been going around and the next two games are more important than tonight. I'd imagine he's not overly upset about missing this one.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Credit to Flint tonight as they played a helluva game. Vella was a rock. The effort was certainly there. While the Spitfires outshot them, they didn't play like they could have. I fully expect the Spitfires to come back and do a number on them tomorrow.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Too many people on here counting on 6 wins against Flint. There is a reason why you play the games and Flint is playing a lot better right now. Played OS tough at the Bayshore on Saturday. Won't be surprised if you see a Split this weekend with Flint. Playing London in a 3 games in 2 1/2 day weekend is also tough. We could win all 3 and we could lose all 3. That is why they don't mark the points on the board until after the game is over.
Did not have a chance yet to watch the Soo game, hopefully tonight I will look at it but did watch the Saggy game. Focused on Morgan and I think he is starting to turn a page. Does not seem to be shying away for the corner play like he used to. He seems to be to taking his time with the plays and no panic plays. Do like his shot, needs to shoot more but then so does the entire team.
I agree with some here that the Spits will take a dip if DiPietro is moved but I don't think it will be drastic. Piiroinen will improve with playing time. You can see he is improving and lack of play is hurting a bit. Spits will enter a new era with Piiroinen but we will be fine - I know over used phrase but patience will be required.
Hate to say I told you so but I saw this coming. Also made a comment about Morgan coming off of the first line and Boka moving up to the first line. First line suddenly can't score. Well they kept Boka up there and the first line looked like a 3rd line all night. Why dismantle the best line on your team????

Reactions: KyGuy9

member 71782

Flint out plays Windsor to get their third win of the year.

Not a lot of positives in this one for Windsor, put simply some players didn't look as bad as others.

I understand pulling your goalie increases your chances at getting a goal, looking at stats or not but Windsor has given up at least one EN goal every game they've pulled their goalie except one. Maybe its time to look beyond general stats and focus on Windsor's stats in this category, which are horrendous.

Can we get Boka out of the top six and back on the third/fourth line in a role he excels in. He's not helping offensively and taking him out of that defensive role, where he is one of the best in the league at isn't helping the team. Using players in roles that best suit their skill sets gives the team and individual players the best opportunities for success.

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
Hate to say I told you so but I saw this coming. Also made a comment about Morgan coming off of the first line and Boka moving up to the first line. First line suddenly can't score. Well they kept Boka up there and the first line looked like a 3rd line all night. Why dismantle the best line on your team????

Spits couldn’t get anything going, props to Flint. Spits looked like they took Flint way too lightly. Goaltending solid on both sides but nothing too crazy. Was really hoping spits could get 4 before London came in this weekend. Quite bummed Gordeev wouldn’t go with Douglas, would’ve been a fun heavyweight bout to watch.
Windsor has no excuse for the loss, but there were a couple Hutchinson calls I didn’t agree with, seems to be a trend whenever I see him out there in a Windsor game. Overall this year, seems like officiating has been bet... not as awful

Reactions: OHLTG

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Gordeev has one career fight and he lost it pretty easily to a much smaller guy. It's laughable but reality. Maybe he'll go tomorrow, instead... and I almost said that with a straight face :laugh:

I still believe the lineup needs to be set for good. Figure out how to do that and... just do it.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Flint out plays Windsor to get their third win of the year.

Not a lot of positives in this one for Windsor, put simply some players didn't look as bad as others.

I understand pulling your goalie increases your chances at getting a goal, looking at stats or not but Windsor has given up at least one EN goal every game they've pulled their goalie except one. Maybe its time to look beyond general stats and focus on Windsor's stats in this category, which are horrendous.

Can we get Boka out of the top six and back on the third/fourth line in a role he excels in. He's not helping offensively and taking him out of that defensive role, where he is one of the best in the league at isn't helping the team. Using players in roles that best suit their skill sets gives the team and individual players the best opportunities for success.

Yes please have boka on the 4th line.
Or have him rest a few games.
He is not doing much at all offensively.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
The thing with Boka is he's capable of putting up points and is a rock defensively. Bottom 9? Sure. Scratching him? No. You need him out there in some capacity.

well if he is capable of putting up points?
Why is he not?
if u say because he is hurt, than rest him because he isn't helping the team much right now.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I wonder if the team has a friendly wager going to see how often they can get posters riled up on here? "Okay, Boka, no scoring tonight.. and I bet three posters go after you!":laugh:

BTW, Boka has the lowest ratio of goals:shots on the team - 1:44. That tells me it's not from a lack of effort; there's some serious puck-unluck going on.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I wonder if the team has a friendly wager going to see how often they can get posters riled up on here? "Okay, Boka, no scoring tonight.. and I bet three posters go after you!":laugh:

BTW, Boka has the lowest ratio of goals:shots on the team - 1:44. That tells me it's not from a lack of effort; there's some serious puck-unluck going on.

u mean he actually has to hit the net to score a goal.
8 points in 20 games is not tearing up the league.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
He belongs on a 3rd line and PK end of story! Never been his game to light it up. Yet another reason to question Trevor. Effort was expected from me but it’s getting old. Every game matters imho no room for slackers.

Reactions: TheGremlin

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere

How many of those 44 shots were high quality? I don’t think it puck unluck and more lack of scoring skill.

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
He belongs on a 3rd line and PK end of story! Never been his game to light it up. Yet another reason to question Trevor. Effort was expected from me but it’s getting old. Every game matters imho no room for slackers.

3rd/4th line
no higher.

Reactions: TheGremlin

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
How many of those 44 shots were high quality? I don’t think it puck unluck and more lack of scoring skill.

He had 15 goals last season and has been an NHL invite to camps. He's got the talent. Is he going to be a 30-40 goal guy? No. But 15-20 is very reasonable to pencil in.

u mean he actually has to hit the net to score a goal.
8 points in 20 games is not tearing up the league.

Did you read what I posted or just throw random words up there to continue the debate?

Like I said, bottom nine is fine. That's his niche. He'll put up the points if he's not supposed to be "the guy" to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad