GDT: WIND ON A LEAF

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Even with Pesce we were facing an uphill battle. A few of our Checkers players deserve call ups anyway. And we have plenty of assets if we want to pursue experienced replacements.

As much as Waddell seemed to strike out this offseason, I still trust him to do what he feels is right.

Nah, you can't really call any of his moves so far "strike outs". We have a better record right now than last year at the same time. Hopefully those acquisitions are "back-halfers" like our entire team outside of Ferland seemed to be last year.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I'll actually say that I feel bad for Leafs fans and the Leafs as a team. I can't imagine that feeling for them. I'm more than happy for what happened for us and him, but I actually hate that another team is on the end of that story as much as I would have hated to be on the end of us getting lit up for 10 should it have happened.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
I'll actually say that I feel bad for Leafs fans and the Leafs as a team. I can't imagine that feeling for them. I'm more than happy for what happened for us and him, but I actually hate that another team is on the end of that story as much as I would have hated to be on the end of us getting lit up for 10 should it have happened.

are you kidding me dude

ChuckW

Keep the Hurricanes great!
May 15, 2009
Parts unknown

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Wow. What a win. Also, Tripp pointing out that it is 40 years to the day for the Miracle on Ice makes this Hurricanes win even more remarkable. What a coincidence.

I was thinking while I was watching the game though, particularly after Pesce got injured, that even if we win the game against Toronto, the 3 injuries could really dampen our future success this season. Of course that's on top of Hamilton being injured long term.

ChuckW

Keep the Hurricanes great!
May 15, 2009
Parts unknown
Probably. I mean a solid argument can be made that neither of the guys who got hurt were saving the two shots that went in. Tavares alone from the dead slot after his defender got hurt and a deflection right to a guy standing at the back post.

You are correct. Ayers wasn't to blame for either of those goals, because Mrazek and Reimer weren't stopping them either. Tavares never goes along the ice, neither goalie had a chance on that one, and the other was unstoppable unless your name is Tretiak or Hasek

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
I am just now getting to watch tonight's game and I don't know what's happened at the end. We just gave up the goal at the end of the first period. Thank goodness I can fast forward to the second because I want to punch my monitor. I hope things get better.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I feel like a full on Roman Triumph would not be out of line. I’m watching the game now. This is one for the ages.

1B5BE91A-1762-4383-9904-CBEC42E08B1D.jpeg

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I just want to say that I think that this is one of the best things to happen to the NHL in a very long time. Your players were amazing on the ice playing their guts out for Ayers, very classy bunch of jerks the Carolina Hurricanes! I will never forget this, such an awesome story! Cheers!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad