GDT: WIND ON A LEAF

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Watching both post-game interviews it seems that Ayres wasn't even watching the game. In both he mentions that he didn't realize until he received "a few texts."

That makes it an even greater story. Time to create an urban legend that he was watching Rudy on his phone instead of the game.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
You know, I've seen you say this a couple times that Jr. B isn't on the NCAA level, but it's actually higher than division 3. It's like the AHL to the Juniors (Jr. A).
No it’s not. There are two tiers of Junior hockey A (at least in Ontario) - tier 1 is Major Junior (which includes the OHL), then there’s tier 2 (still really good hockey, don’t get me wrong).....and then there’s Junior B. More like the ECHL of Junior hockey.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
No it’s not. There are two tiers of Junior hockey A (at least in Ontario) - tier 1 is Major Junior (which includes the OHL), then there’s tier 2 (still really good hockey, don’t get me wrong).....and then there’s Junior B. More like the ECHL of Junior hockey.

Tier 2 Jr A and Jr B are in different areas, but aren't that much different in talent level. Jr B is a lot closer to Tier 2 Jr A than Tier 2 Jr A is to OHL. Regardless, Jr B is still much better hockey than Division 3, which is closer to Jr C level.

Reactions: Tryamw and zman77

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Tier 2 Jr A and Jr B are in different areas, but aren't that much different in talent level. Jr B is a lot closer to Tier 2 Jr A than Tier 2 Jr A is to OHL. Regardless, Jr B is still much better hockey than Division 3, which is closer to Jr C level.
Don’t know what you mean by “different areas.” Guys who play tier 2 don’t move up to the OHL so they don’t lose scholarship offers to the US. It’s a much better game than B. A few guys could come up from B and play but not many.

Div 3 hockey can be decent, at times. Junior C cannot.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Don’t know what you mean by “different areas.” Guys who play tier 2 don’t move up to the OHL so they don’t lose scholarship offers to the US. It’s a much better game than B. A few guys could come up from B and play but not many.

Div 3 hockey can be decent, at times. Junior C cannot.

Different areas as in Tier 2 is centered around the Toronto area whereas Jr B is SW Ontario. Players from Jr B don't move up so they can play NCAA as well. Players from the NHL have played in Jr B, I don't think you can find many players from Div 3 that have made it. Div 3 is trash hockey, just like Jr C.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
So I guess at long last after languishing in the AHL for centuries Ned finally gets a real shot. How much you want to bet he picks this up an runs with it, and the team is like OMFG he's a great goalie WTF?

It's possible. But behind this defense down Hamilton and Peace? Can't say I think a Binnington type of run is likely.

Reactions: VAcaniac and Tryamw

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I get what you're saying- but how do all these other teams take tons of injuries and keep winning? This team can't just expect to win with a completely healthy roster all the time.

What team has ever been out their top two rd as well as both goalies and kept on winning? If we can even manage to sneak into the playoffs I would consider that a massive success.

stevewin

Oct 21, 2016
I swear Tavares rifled one past a completely overmatched Ayres (that was not a "nobody stops that" goal at all IMO, I slumped into my chair and started envisioning a 13-6 game when I saw that one),
Was interesting in one of the post game interviews Ayres mentioned Tavares surprised him by going along the ice he never does that - he practices sonetimes with the Leafs so actually knows some of their tendencies

Last edited:
Reactions: Tryamw and vorbis

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Grab Lehner from Chicago. Darn good tender.
If Reiner is out till the end of the year his salary would not count against the cap even if he comes back for the playoffs.

Reactions: Tryamw

jiitu

Jun 17, 2013
So I guess at long last after languishing in the AHL for centuries Ned finally gets a real shot. How much you want to bet he picks this up an runs with it, and the team is like OMFG he's a great goalie WTF?

I was very pleased with his first game last year. I am actually really confident and in some level even happy that this came. He definitely deserves more shots. I was really dissapointed that during this season he didn't have a chance...well now I guess he will.

GigaChad

Oct 9, 2013
I was watching this game while playing Tekken and didn't notice the goalies getting injured and Ayres being the one at the net.
Then stopped playing and watched the last 5 minutes of the game and wondered why Mrazek is moving that oddly.
Then the game ended and I realized everything lol :laugh:

What a performance from everyone!

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Different areas as in Tier 2 is centered around the Toronto area whereas Jr B is SW Ontario. Players from Jr B don't move up so they can play NCAA as well. Players from the NHL have played in Jr B, I don't think you can find many players from Div 3 that have made it. Div 3 is trash hockey, just like Jr C.

Man, no one cares.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad