GDT: WIND ON A LEAF

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
At this point, I think it's a mental tic, rather the fault of a single player or coaching strategy, as far as why our team can never play well against the Rangers. Maybe it's because every game we play against them feels like a home game for the Rangers (Thanks, Cary transplants!). Maybe, just maybe, we need a similar scenario as last year w/ Washington, where we are incapable of beating them until we meet in the playoffs.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Here is some background info on this one from TO's side:

- Hockey Night In Canada here which is a national broadcast

- Going into their last game, Leafs only had 4 regulation wins in their last 18. Media and fans were ripping them apart, coach was too. Lack of urgency was the talking point.

- Leafs responded with maybe their best all around effort on the season shutting out the pens.

- Parade is back on.

Now the main discussion is if it was just a one off to get everyone off their backs or if it's a shift in attitude. In other words, I expect a playoff atmosphere and compete level tonight. Especially given the race for the wildcard too.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Here is some background info on this one from TO's side:

- Hockey Night In Canada here which is a national broadcast

- Going into their last game, Leafs only had 4 regulation wins in their last 18. Media and fans were ripping them apart, coach was too. Lack of urgency was the talking point.

- Leafs responded with maybe their best all around effort on the season shutting out the pens.

- Parade is back on.

Now the main discussion is if it was just a one off to get everyone off their backs or if it's a shift in attitude. In other words, I expect a playoff atmosphere and compete level tonight. Especially given the race for the wildcard too.

MIGHT AS WELL HELP US GETTING OUR GROOVE BACK THE HELL ON.

Reactions: Tryamw

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Toronto are leafs on the wind?

First time I've hoped the ending of that line would not change.
d57dee497923159066c4ff0d98460e56.jpg

Reactions: Tryamw

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
We need a drinking game tonight. Maybe not something that will kill you like take a shot every time Toronto's first round draft pick is brought up.

Something to numb the pain. What do you boys suggest?

Reactions: skipnjump

skipnjump

Apr 6, 2019
NC
Here's to hoping we play better tonight than last night. If not, I've got a stash of alcoholic beverages to drown my sorrows

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad