Post-Game Talk: Win, baby!!

sangreale

Feb 21, 2008
Scrivens played a solid game I'm becoming more and more confident in this tandem. If we can keep getting average to slightly above average goaltending we're going to be solid. The thursday game is a must win... but I guess Winnipeg would be saying the same thing.

They will be desperate.

contour

Mar 31, 2011
I thought Holzer played a very solid 20 minutes today, steady on defence. Unlike Phaneuf who blindly slaps at the net, Holzer gets rewarded with just putting the puck to the net.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
The tinfoil hats, mostly are off today?

As others mentioned last night, if you didn't expect much (which
most of you don't), you should be thrilled with .500.
I'll jinx it, by saying this is game 1 of a 4 game win streak.
Philly is tough, just because its at the ACC.

Things to be fixed:
Cutting down on turnovers. We can't continue to be #2 in that.
Both the PK and PP need to be fixed. Is this the 2nd or 2/3 where
Washington scored ALL their goals on the PP? Thankfully it wasn't
4 like last time.

Good win on a BTB.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Game v/s Jets is going to be fun.

Our PP with Costco on QB of both units v/s 30th ranked PK of NHL.

:laugh:

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
washington capitals thread

pregame:
"If they lay an egg tonight, and another on Thursday vs the Pens, you can start beating the drum for drastic action."

gdt:
"Leafs are so afraid of the Caps' potent offensive attack that they are starting Scrivens."
"This PP is worse than ours."

jvr wrap around goal:
Holy crap Poti. Woooooowwwwww
Holy ****, I want to scream.

"It's amazing how lazily Ovi skates when he doesn't have the puck.
Keystone cop Leafs give us one back...

Lots of empty seats...
So will JVR get the trick?

Semin was the glue.

holzer makes it 3-1:
Noovy shoulda had that.
God you are worthless neuvy

Grabovski is 67% on face off wins. Winning 8 out of 12
soooooo do we prefer seth jones or nate mackinnon?

3rd p:
"Leafs playing back to back nights too. No excuse for the Caps not to come out and dominate this period. (Not that I'm expecting that)

Finally a goal. Ribeiro

steckel misses the empty netter:
Hahahaha steckel

game over:
caps lost to toronto twice in 5 days. enough said."
Wife just asked if the Caps won and I was about to say "they lost to the Leafs again, one of the worst teams in the ".......then I realized the Caps are in fact the worst team in the league"

firing Bruce was a mistake, i always thought that"

FelixPotvin29

Oct 21, 2012
LOL. A lot shorter and a lot less suicidal it seems. :laugh:

Yesterday we were tearing the house down... today we just need to vacuum the floors.

Gotta love life in leaf land.

Still think we need to make a big move.

This team needs more leadership.

masyo88*

I liked the game and a lot of people have to eat crow! Firstly Fraser, Holzer were good tonight. I love having a hard nosed d men that can fight with the best of em in Fraser, best part is he can skate a regular NHL shift to. Scrivens is an OK, I hope we get a backup goal soon, cause at times he looks very shakey. Macarthur, where are though? He is horrible, when Lups comes back hopefully we trade him for a pick. Steckel, dear god when Brown gets back I hope Steckel resumes his press box role. Franson, makes me nervous out there. His positioning is horrible and does not have the wheels to make up for it. Kostka, is an average AVERAGE nhl d-men, he's a guy that can hold the fort for 10-12 minutes a game. Other then that he does not do anything well. I don't see what Leaf fans are drooling over him. Orr and Komarov played decently tonight. When Brown comes back a forth line of Orr Komarov Brown will be a nasty line to play against.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
The way Ovie has been playing of late, a bunch beer league players could shut down that line on Washington. Grabo's line couldn't shut down a Staal if they tried to. 5 points in 10 games, is unacceptable for the highest paid fwd on the team. I thought he looked asleep again tonight. Washington is an awful team, this game was pretty bad compared to the Philly/TB game.

:laugh: Who needs shutting down when they just plant a sofa infront of Reimer and let him sit there in his comfy seat until the puck is centred to him?

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
One thing I have noticed about Kessel's shot this year, he doesn't have the accuracy and release as usual. It's almost telegraphed and goalies are seeing it off the blade.

He's shooting the pucks right into their gloves, like that save by Fleury, no way a goalie could pick up Kessel's shot from that close of a range.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
We have a better record then them, and some of the people on this forum talk worse then they do about our team.. Tells you a lot.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
So unfortunately I missed this game.

WHY IN THE FOURTH REALM OF HELL, was Kadri and Frattin held to 10min of icetime and Komarov to 7 (and MacA to 9)?!?

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Good for JVR getting some more goals. Having a nice season himself. Sadly Kessel remains stuck and unable to score anything.

Too bad we don't play Washington more or making the playoffs would be really easy. I wasn't all that confident with Scrivens in net, but he managed to get the win so good on him. Back to Reimer next game though.

I hope we're done letting former Leafs score on us though. Winnipeg has a surprising number of them. Talk about a busy week for the Leafs. Back to back and then flying out to Winnipeg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad