Post-Game Talk: Win, baby!!

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
Scrivens made a couple of really nice saves in the 3rd, but they were a result of awful rebound control. Plus he was losing his balance a LOT and really scrambling on routine battles in front. He just looks over-matched IMO.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
I can't believe how bad Washington is
they looks so unorganized

should have never given Ovie the C, just the wrong type of personality for that. you don't put rains on a bull

Kyle Doobas*

I can't believe how bad Washington is
they looks so unorganized

should have never given Ovie the C, just the wrong type of personality for that. you don't put rains on a bull
Normally I think people overstate the importance of the captaincy.... but you do have to wonder. What is this now, three, four coaches over the past couple of seasons for the Caps..?

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
How would you like to be a Caps fan right now or their management? Go the conference finals and loose game 6 deciding game by a highstick call in the dying moments of the game. Rangers tie it and win in overtime to go to game 7. Hunter packs it in because he knows he can't win with that group. They remind me a lot of the last version they had Bondra and they slowly fell apart. There isn't much on that team right now that I would want. OV is not a guy you build a franchise around.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
Normally I think people overstate the importance of the captaincy.... but you do have to wonder. What is this now, three, four coaches over the past couple of seasons for the Caps..?

ovie was a wild man on and off the ice and that's what made him so great
maybe his body started to break down, maybe something else changed but when you ask a guy like that to be a captain they now have to start thinking about how they act, what they do, etc and that just doesn't seem like something that would benefit his style.

give him an A but someone else should have the C to keep the team and Ovie focused. Someone like Laich

How would you like to be a Caps fan right now or their management? Go the conference finals and loose game 6 deciding game by a highstick call in the dying moments of the game. Rangers tie it and win in overtime to go to game 7. Hunter packs it in because he knows he can't win with that group. They remind me a lot of the last version they had Bondra and they slowly fell apart. There isn't much on that team right now that I would want. OV is not a guy you build a franchise around.

They've got some nice young pieces, two solid goalies (can move one when its clear which one they want to go with) Carlson has been a disappointment but still like him a lot, and then guys in the system like Kuznetsov, Forsberg, Wilson

daveleaf

Mar 23, 2010
Canada
Guys, he was dynamite in the KHL this year, I really don't think he wants to be here.

His legacy and his integrity. These guys are fantastic talents but I would never want them on my team. Not Ovechkin, not Kovalchuk, just can't win with them.

daveleaf

Mar 23, 2010
Canada
ovie was a wild man on and off the ice and that's what made him so great
maybe his body started to break down, maybe something else changed but when you ask a guy like that to be a captain they now have to start thinking about how they act, what they do, etc and that just doesn't seem like something that would benefit his style.

give him an A but someone else should have the C to keep the team and Ovie focused. Someone like Laich

They've got some nice young pieces, two solid goalies (can move one when its clear which one they want to go with) Carlson has been a disappointment but still like him a lot, and then guys in the system like Kuznetsov, Forsberg, Wilson

I know but wasn't this team supposed to be competing for cups the last number of years? Talking about prospects puts you in the state of mind of rebuilding. This is team is a mess.

daveleaf

Mar 23, 2010
Canada
Makes me sick thinking Mackinnon might be feeding OV sweet passes next season.

Leafs will falter way before that and the Caps will get whipped. Whether they get a new coach or not, the problem there is with the players-specifically OV and Backstrom.

Leafs will be a top 6 pic.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Very impressed with how Kadri and Frats play together. That opportunity in the 3rd when Kadri found Frattin in the slot was incredible. The two play great together, and yea it bodes well moving forward.

On our team only Frattin and jvr seems to be able to elevate the puck.
It's hard to beat butterfly goalies down-low.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Are the Caps really this bad, or, are they tanking to get some really nice assets at the upcoming draft?

Shortened seasons like this make it easier for a team to tank. Less time to stink it up in front of your fans.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Are the Caps really this bad, or, are they tanking to get some really nice assets at the upcoming draft?

Shortened seasons like this make it easier for a team to tank. Less time to stink it up in front of your fans.

New coach, me think. Lost Semin's 30 goals and creativity on PP. Some unexpected teams had hot starts.

I would say I'm surprised to see Car, NYR, Phili and to some extend Florida out of playoffs picture too. Strange year so far 20% games played.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto

Don't think they're trying to tank, just a lot of players underperforming on that team.

Green/Ovechkin look nothing like they did a few years ago. Lost Semin. Backstroms been alright.

I think they'll pick it up though, can't see them being anywhere near the bottom 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad