Wilson hit on Brandon Carlo (Part-2) (suspended 7 games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatfield

Jan 27, 2007
Between the 2 hits 14-15 games seemed about right

this 7 games won’t derail him

within 2 years we will have another thread like this

Within 3 weeks we’ll have another thread like this, because people bitch and moan every time he throws a solid hit.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah and your HOF LW speared a guy in the nuts, neither are remotely close to the hit Wilson threw.
Interesting he brought up Hathaway

my seats are second row behind Bruins net first and third behind net and I get a great view of all the shit that goes on you can never pick up on TV and going back to Calgary Flames that dude Hathaway is right up there with cheap shit and after whistle crap

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
While it is unfortunate what the current "Big, Bad Bruins" have become, the real loser here is all of us hockey fans. This signals the end of body checking in our game.

what I thought was unfortunate was how a rookie got Tommy Wilson so unglued he had to throw another of his patented high cheap hits.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Oh the drama! Do you write dime store detective novels for a living?
There’s a little bit of color in that, I’ll admit it. Let me bland it down and tell me if it’s not true:

1) psycho Tommy has TWO seasons in which he has scored 20+. Barely.
2) ergo, the truth is if teams were not concerned about his physical impact, he’d be a third liner. Pretty average player.
3) said physicality? He’s left more than one player with a serious head injury (concussion and broken jaw, for example)
4) He’s been suspended something on order of 30 games for overly aggressive hits, often to the head — he has an aggression problem
5) other teams will be glad he’s out for 7 games and not because he’s sniper but because he’s likely to run and hurt a key player.

Better? Care to point out where ANY of the above is not true?

YukonCornelius

Apr 13, 2018
At least some people aren’t afraid to admit they love Tom Wilson and his game. It’s ironic to see Bruins fans cry about this while they have Marchand. And Islanders fans rejoicing in here because they just can’t forget about the Visnovsky hit is funny af (For the record im glad Carlo is ok)

Funny how your post ignores everything after the first sentence in that tweet.

Reactions: Number8

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
At least some people aren’t afraid to admit they love Tom Wilson and his game. It’s ironic to see Bruins fans cry about this while they have Marchand. And Islanders fans rejoicing in here because they just can’t forget about the Visnovsky hit is funny af (For the record im glad Carlo is ok)

Did you read PJ Stock’s tweet?????? :laugh::laugh::laugh: Or did you stop at the first line? Jesus. Cannot make this stuff up. PJ Stock was calling him out....NOT ...being a fanboy.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
As a Habs fan I’m going to go off what I’ve been taught this year.
1) he hit the body first
2) the head was unavoidable
3) kept his hands in tight to the chest
4) 95% of the blow to the head was because it hit the glass
5. He kept low didn’t explode up.

Clean hit nothing to see here
If Marchand did it though I am sure your opinion would be different.

mrv52

Jan 22, 2004
There’s a little bit of color in that, I’ll admit it. Let me bland it down and tell me if it’s not true:

1) psycho Tommy has TWO seasons in which he has scored 20+. Barely.
2) ergo, the truth is if teams were not concerned about his physical impact, he’d be a third liner. Pretty average player.
3) said physicality? He’s left more than one player with a serious head injury (concussion and broken jaw, for example)
4) He’s been suspended something on order of 30 games for overly aggressive hits, often to the head — he has an aggression problem
5) other teams will be glad he’s out for 7 games and not because he’s sniper but because he’s likely to run and hurt a key player.

Better? Care to point out where ANY of the above is not true?
Truth and opinion are not the same thing.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Truth and opinion are not the same thing.
Two seasons with 20+ goals (22 and 21). Truth
Been suspended for 30 NHL games (including few PO games). Truth
Hurt more than one player with head injuries. Truth

Looks to me to be a decent power forward with impulse control problems.

I guess to you he’s, well, I have no idea what you think he is. Unless it’s a piece of shit. On that we can agree.

Reactions: Ladyfan

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Wilson should have gotten more than 10 games, but imo Ovechkin should have gotten a few games as well for a nasty dirty spear to the groin of Frderic. The league won't suspend him though as he is one of the star players they try to market.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Exactly
Yeah and your HOF LW speared a guy in the nuts, neither are remotely close to the hit Wilson threw.
Marchand swung at him , but never touched him, more of a F off type thing, Ovechkin though he sure did what he intended, but on no Can't toss Ovi out or suspend him.

mrv52

Jan 22, 2004
Wilson should have gotten more than 10 games, but imo Ovechkin should have gotten a few games as well for a nasty dirty spear to the groin of Frderic. The league won't suspend him though as he is one of the star players they try to market.
Actually Frederic should have gotten 2 for a dive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad