Wilson hit on Brandon Carlo (Part-2) (suspended 7 games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I probably will have forgotten. But here’s the thread from 10 days ago. I’m sure there are many more just like it.

Tom Wilson late hit on Mark Jankowski

There would not be as many threads if Wilson was not throwing questionable hits every other week?

At what point will some people accept that the problem might be... the player himself?

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
At least some people aren’t afraid to admit they love Tom Wilson and his game. It’s ironic to see Bruins fans cry about this while they have Marchand. And Islanders fans rejoicing in here because they just can’t forget about the Visnovsky hit is funny af (For the record im glad Carlo is ok)

Fans like his game when he isn't injuring players. Shocking concept. Wilson is not a victim.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
If this is the only reasoning then why is is that Marchand has been suspended 6 times for a total of 19 games? Wilson was suspended for 20 for his 4th offense.

I see your point and get it. Just pointing out that it's silly the league only uses the multiplier on certain guys.

Because Marchand is sneaky dirty. Wilson is stupid dirty.

Bigrigwilly43

Jan 18, 2018
why didn't this hit trigger a meeting with the DoPS? It was actual boarding as it was a hit from behind. Wilson came in from the side; it wasn't charging; the head wasn't the principal point of contact; he didn't leave the ice. He is just a big rig.

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
It was actual boarding as it was a hit from behind.
The definition of boarding doesn't require the hit be from behind.

the head wasn't the principal point of contact.
Based on what do you make this claim? Most people that I've seen have argued that it wasn't the principal point of contact because it wasn't the first point of contact, but of course, those aren't necessarily the same thing.

Reactions: TheUnusedCrayon

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Fans like his game when he isn't injuring players. Shocking concept. Wilson is not a victim.
Bruh, I literally agreed with the tweet in another post. After a day I’ve cooled off after getting embarrassed in that game and have no issue admitting the suspension is fine. I hope he realizes losing him hurts the team overall, he’s a important player for us. I’m simply stating the fact it’s nice to see people publicly admit they like Wilson’s game as this thread has turned into an overall Wilson hate thread

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
The DOPS what a acronym for sure. But the facts are they saw it as many saw it. The suspension of 7 games was the compromise between 5 and 10 games. What this does however is send the appropriate message to Wilson that next time will be 20 games.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Let's see if Wilson learns anything this time around. Players like Patrick Kaleta and Matt Cooke never 'got it' and kept injuring players until they retired.
7 games is slap on the wrist for Wilson. My feeling is we have another thread on a questionable Wilson hit on another player in the future

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
If Marchand did it though I am sure your opinion would be different.

I’m a rare hab fan that actually likes Marchand. I think everything he does that’s “dirty” is way overblown. He’s the ultimate pest, and isn’t just a robot out there. 15-20 years ago he would be known as far from a dirty player. Not scared to think outside the box to get the other team upset. Respect.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I’m a rare hab fan that actually likes Marchand. I think everything he does that’s “dirty” is way overblown. He’s the ultimate pest, and isn’t just a robot out there. 15-20 years ago he would be known as far from a dirty player. Not scared to think outside the box to get the other team upset. Respect.
Eh he did some dirty low bridges back in the day. Hasn't been injuriously dirty in like five years though.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017

How good would his game be if players weren't scared to death of him? That could mean one or both of two things: maybe his game isn't that great without the fear and maybe his game requires one of these dirty hits once in a while to be effective.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Wilson’s injured more players on illegal hits in the last two weeks than Marchand has in years... let’s slow that roll.

As I posted in this thread yesterday, Marchand tore Zach Hyman's ACL on a sneaky dirty play just over a year and a half ago. There's no way to call him on some of his stuff so it just largely goes unnoticed.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
As a Habs fan I’m going to go off what I’ve been taught this year.
1) he hit the body first
2) the head was unavoidable
3) kept his hands in tight to the chest
4) 95% of the blow to the head was because it hit the glass
5. He kept low didn’t explode up.

Clean hit nothing to see here

1) He did glance off the body first so the head was not the initial POC. It was the primary one though.

2) False. The head was absolutely avoidable.

3) He brought his hands/gloves up into the head even though his elbows were “down”.

4) Explain to me how Carlo’s head hit the glass in the first place. Wind? Telekinesis? Or was it Wilson shoving it into the glass.

5) Wilson didn’t leave his feet. He also didn’t “keep low”. Carlo is taller than Wilson and he was not hunched over. Wilson had to make an effort to hit him high.

Clean hit by 70’s/80’s standards...maybe? Not today.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I agree with the guy that said it was a dive. 2 minutes for roughing tops.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
As I posted in this thread yesterday, Marchand tore Zach Hyman's ACL on a sneaky dirty play just over a year and a half ago. There's no way to call him on some of his stuff so it just largely goes unnoticed.

Dude are you talking about the play where Marcus Johansson (not Marchand) hit Hyman and he didn’t even know his ACL was torn? Sneaky dirty? LMAO

1:20 into the video is the Mojo play on Hyman.

How did Zach Hyman play through torn ACL injury? - Sportsnet.ca

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Pretty funny that the go to example is one that wasn’t Marchand and where Hyman didn’t even know he was injured. Bringing up Marchand in this thread is comparing apples and orangutans

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad