Wilson hit on Brandon Carlo (Part-2) (suspended 7 games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This thread is not about Marchand. This thread is about Wilson and and a dirty reckless hit bye a player with a very checkered past . Player safety needs to take a very long look at if there is a place for Player like this in the NHL
When they bring up someone else they are admitting guilt

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
I'm happy to see the Bruins and Capitals destroy each other, must watch hockey when they play.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Just to be my own devil's advocate here (since I already posted this was a textbook headshot), if you notice, Carlo unintentionally almost butt ends Wilson in the face as Wilson's coming in for the hit. He (Wilson) was coming in low with his elbows tucked for a clean hit but raises up at the last moment. I originally interpreted this as Wilson driving his forearms up into the head area.

Could it be he was avoiding the butt end to the chops?

View attachment 403979
Wouldn't it make more sense for him to duck in reaction to a butt end up high and go lower into the hit?

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
great post in response to a great post.

whataboutism is the go to for those who have no intellectual depth, moral character and honesty to “go to”.. It’s a sham and seems rampant these days especially in political discussions.

thank you, and I couldn’t agree more. Feels like this far more prevalent now than in years past, but its probably not. Not very many people willing to stand up and take it on the chin and admit wrong doing nowadays and its having a trickle down effect on our children’s moral compass.

Reactions: Mathews28

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Take away from this thread is if Lucic was on Bruins and did same hit to Carlson the Capitals fans would call it clean and no penalty and certainly no suspension
Yep, there should be no anger from them if this exact same hit happened to Carlson or Ovi. I'm sure that'll be exactly what we see if it happens :sarcasm:

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

pearljamvs5

Jun 19, 2011
Its not irrelevant, its the reason this discussion is approaching fifty pages in length. I agree with you about how objective hockey fans will likely view this hit, but there is next to no objectivity in this entire discussion!
"I agree with you about how objective fans will view this hit but that doesn't matter." I think we might have to agree to disagree here for your sake, dude!

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Why are slow videos always posted? Anyone have a full speed video for this incident?
Why not the whole shift and you can see what his trying to do. He was looking for a victim and ran Frederic that shift twice, once targeting his knee and threw another at him looking for the big bomb and it backfired. Frederic was finishing his shift and went off. Wilson skated down the ice looking for another target. As usual with him he comes in from a blindside to an engaged player and makes his typical predatory high head hit. In this case head to glass of a 6'5" player.

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
Well, kinda and mostly right but all it really is “deflection” for one’s own faults on any given topic and it is mostly political theatrics not a children’s tactic. It more or less harkens back to the Soviet Union and it’s attempts to rationalize their shitty system, incidents and behaviors by pointing out faults in the western democracies as an equivalent, when it is not remotely the same. Mountain vs mole hole type of stuff. But carry on....

This is an awful thread but what else do we expect around here, this always happens after a dirty hit like this. We actually had someone post...they didn’t think Carlo went to the hospital in these threads. That’s how stupid these threads have become around here.

Wilson meant to knock his lights out and he did because that is who Wilson is, a dirty player. Anyone with any sense of honesty and integrity would look at this gif and stop defending Wilson. You can see he swings his upper body straight into Carlo’s head and neck area.

View attachment 403980

I would like this but it seems in the penalty box for an ill advised comment last night to shtstorm, so my like button is gone.

Reactions: Barnum

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
This is a bad hit by a dirty player who by the rulebook of the NHL isn't a repeat offender because he's not done this in the past 18 months.

Incredibly rich of the Bruins fans to be all enraged at this hit but look the other way when their players pull all kinds of shit.

I can't wait for the playoff series against these two teams. Chara will cross check the living shit out of every Bruins player in scrums and their fans will lose it when nothing gets called.

He'll get 1-2 games. Be clean for 18 months and watch the way he plays, and then go back to doing the same shit again. Who thought it was a smart idea to have Parros run that department and also f*** the NHLPA for protecting the dirty players of their union (less than 5%) over all the players who are good clean hockey players.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

Bruins93

Apr 17, 2018
Boston
This is a bad hit by a dirty player who by the rulebook of the NHL isn't a repeat offender because he's not done this in the past 18 months.

Incredibly rich of the Bruins fans to be all enraged at this hit but look the other way when their players pull all kinds of shit.

I can't wait for the playoff series against these two teams. Chara will cross check the living shit out of every Bruins player in scrums and their fans will lose it when nothing gets called.

He'll get 1-2 games. Be clean for 18 months and watch the way he plays, and then go back to doing the same shit again. Who thought it was a smart idea to have Parros run that department and also f*** the NHLPA for protecting the dirty players of their union (less than 5%) over all the players who are good clean hockey players.

Good, I hope Chara sees a lot of ice time time in the playoffs lmao. He was a pretty good traffic cone last night.

Reactions: bbfan419 and Barnum

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
"I agree with you about how objective fans will view this hit but that doesn't matter." I think we might have to agree to disagree here for your sake, dude!
You never gave me the courtesy of disagreeing with me, simply told me that what I wrote was off topic and irrelevant. Had we just disagreed I probably would have agreed to not respond in the first place.

And if you are going to change my words, don't put it in quotes as if I said that. Very de classe.

member 298589

This was awful to see. Hope Carlo fully recovers.

We can debate the hit mechanics for days but this is ultimately Wilson again injuring a player in predatory fashion. He needs to sit for an extended length of time. I also think the union needs to consider if they really want to appeal any long ruling given they also represent the other players on the receiving end of his nonsense.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Wouldn't it make more sense for him to duck in reaction to a butt end up high and go lower into the hit?

Don't think so, for something happening that fast I'm pretty sure the natural reaction would be to pull your head back to avoid the stick/glove (i.e., just like a flinch - you shrink back). Irrelevant for another reason: Wilson initiated the hit, he's responsible for what happened. Again, just discussing, not excusing.

Reactions: NDiesel

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Yep, there should be no anger from them if this exact same hit happened to Carlson or Ovi. I'm sure that'll be exactly what we see if it happens :sarcasm:
Bruins fans would be cheering this hit and injury saying contact was mostly body or they lowered their head. All fans are homers and spin accordingly.

The hit wasnt late, wasn’t done with elbow or shoulder, wasn’t charging, wasn’t boarding, didn’t jump ... unfortunate he got head.

2 games at most IMO. A lot of the same variables as the hit on mackinnon.

this was not some head hunting predatory hit but it was a hit to the head.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014

From DoPS

“It is important to note that even if a Player is not defined as a repeat offender, his past history may come into consideration when determining future Supplemental Discipline.”

So while he’s technically not considered a “repeat offender” his history will still be considered.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Why is Wilson holding his stick on that hit like he's trying to summon the Thundercats?

Reactions: Dessloch

PastaSawce

Mar 6, 2021
Western MA
Just to be my own devil's advocate here (since I already posted this was a textbook headshot), if you notice, Carlo unintentionally almost butt ends Wilson in the face as Wilson's coming in for the hit. He (Wilson) was coming in low with his elbows tucked for a clean hit but raises up at the last moment. I originally interpreted this as Wilson driving his forearms up into the head area.

Could it be he was avoiding the butt end to the chops?

View attachment 403979

He goes in low? Lol, it’s a clear launch and intent to injure.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
If the NHL doesn't step in then good f***ing luck to the refs in the next Bruins-Caps game. This will carry over.

carry over? Bruins seemed intent on “being physical” from Wednesday and they got physical.

I hope they just play hockey. Hits and fights will come but we don’t need young guy Frederic to run around trying to be a agitator.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Bruins fans would be cheering this hit and injury saying contact was mostly body or they lowered their head. All fans are homers and spin accordingly.

The hit wasnt late, wasn’t done with elbow or shoulder, wasn’t charging, wasn’t boarding, didn’t jump ... unfortunate he got head.

2 games at most IMO. A lot of the same variables as the hit on mackinnon.

this was not some head hunting predatory hit but it was a hit to the head.

It absolutely was. You need to add the context of Wilson's history and his very shift leading to the Carlo hit. It is far too clear. Wilson exploded up into the hit. It was absolutely intentional as Wilson was in tunnel vision in predatory fashion.

If you didn't see the game and Wilson's shift, I can understand not understanding the context.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad