Wilson hit on Brandon Carlo (Part-2) (suspended 7 games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Gotta love Saint Brad Marchand calling Wilson out for a dirty play on national television.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Cringeworthy response. Different eras, yet Wilson chooses not to learn. Marchand has.

Imagine angling with Karma as the justification.

When did Marchand learn? He tore up Zach Hyman's ACL just a year and a half ago in dirty pretend-to-fall-and-slide-into-him manoeuvre in the 2019 playoffs.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Whataboutism is an attempt at avoiding moral judgement on something that the user knows is wrong but isn’t morally qualified or mature enough to admit. You typically find this behavior in children.

great post in response to a great post.

whataboutism is the go to for those who have no intellectual depth, moral character and honesty to “go to”.. It’s a sham and seems rampant these days especially in political discussions.

member 96824

When did Marchand learn? He tore up Zach Hyman's ACL just a year and a half ago in dirty pretend-to-fall-and-slide-into-him manoeuvre in the 2019 playoffs.

Do you have a video of this? I’m asking sincerely, I remember Hyman playing on a torn ACL but don’t recall the play you’re taking about.

Reactions: Ladyfan

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Just to be my own devil's advocate here (since I already posted this was a textbook headshot), if you notice, Carlo unintentionally almost butt ends Wilson in the face as Wilson's coming in for the hit. He (Wilson) was coming in low with his elbows tucked for a clean hit but raises up at the last moment. I originally interpreted this as Wilson driving his forearms up into the head area.

Could it be he was avoiding the butt end to the chops?

Wilson.jpg

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Just to be my own devil's advocate here (since I already posted this was a textbook headshot), if you notice, Carlo unintentionally almost butt ends Wilson in the face as Wilson's coming in for the hit. He (Wilson) was coming in low with his elbows tucked for a clean hit but raises up at the last moment. I originally interpreted this as Wilson driving his forearms up into the head area.

Could it be he was avoiding the butt end to the chops?

View attachment 403979

If he was trying to avoid that, he had two directions to go in. He chose the one where he hits the head.

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

pearljamvs5

Jun 19, 2011
Why discuss at all if you're going to be blatantly obtuse. It has plenty to do with this discussion: The Cap fans defending the hit would rail against it if it was their player on the receiving end. The Bruin fans would swear on the hit's legality if their player had initiated it. Relates directly to this silly back and forth discussion of,
"was legal hit,"
"Was not."
"Was too."
"Was not, its exactly like this video clip of this evil guy doing something bad that got him suspended!"
"No it wasn't!"
"Was too."
Okay. But that's not the argument. Tom Wilson layed an "arguably" illegal hit. Objective hockey fans are against this hit. End of story. Ovechkin got a joke of a fine last game, and now Wilson will likely get a suspension. If he (some how) doesn't get one, it won't change how objective fans view the incident. The fact that the guilty team's fans disagrees with the end result is irrelevant.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
Id love to see the nhl start yanking draft picks from teams that have player(s) involved in multiple dirty hit scandals repeatedly. This seems to be more of an organizational problem in Washington, as in they lack the proper motivation to control this type of behavior.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Huge Wilson fan - wish the Bruins had him. The Ovechkin-Kuznetsov- Wilson one of my handful of favorite all time lines. That was the type of hit the NFL has outlawed. He hit a player in a vulnerable position with head area targeted.

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
If he was trying to avoid that, he had two directions to go in. He chose the one where he hits the head.

Well I agree and if there's a player that doesn't get the benefit of the doubt, it's Wilson. I'm just trying to look at it objectively and wonder what Wilson's excuse will be during his interview. Just saying it's not *entirely* implausible.

Reactions: compan

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Gotta love Saint Brad Marchand calling Wilson out for a dirty play on national television.

This thread is not about Marchand. This thread is about Wilson and and a dirty reckless hit bye a player with a very checkered past . Player safety needs to take a very long look at if there is a place for Player like this in the NHL

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Okay. But that's not the argument. Tom Wilson layed an "arguably" illegal hit. Objective hockey fans are against this hit. End of story. Ovechkin got a joke of a fine last game, and now Wilson will likely get a suspension. If he (some how) doesn't get one, it won't change how objective fans view the incident. The fact that the guilty team's fans disagrees with the end result is irrelevant.
Its not irrelevant, its the reason this discussion is approaching fifty pages in length. I agree with you about how objective hockey fans will likely view this hit, but there is next to no objectivity in this entire discussion!

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Whataboutism is an attempt at avoiding moral judgement on something that the user knows is wrong but isn’t morally qualified or mature enough to admit. You typically find this behavior in children.
Well, kinda and mostly right but all it really is “deflection” for one’s own faults on any given topic and it is mostly political theatrics not a children’s tactic. It more or less harkens back to the Soviet Union and it’s attempts to rationalize their shitty system, incidents and behaviors by pointing out faults in the western democracies as an equivalent, when it is not remotely the same. Mountain vs mole hole type of stuff. But carry on....

This is an awful thread but what else do we expect around here, this always happens after a dirty hit like this. We actually had someone post...they didn’t think Carlo went to the hospital in these threads. That’s how stupid these threads have become around here.

Wilson meant to knock his lights out and he did because that is who Wilson is, a dirty player. Anyone with any sense of honesty and integrity would look at this gif and stop defending Wilson. You can see he swings his upper body straight into Carlo’s head and neck area.

upload_2021-3-6_14-22-0.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad