Wilson hit on Brandon Carlo (Part-2) (suspended 7 games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pearljamvs5

Jun 19, 2011
Oh ninja please, Boston fans are no different than any others. If their player had made this hit they would be doing all sorts of verbal contortions to defend it and Cap fans would be posting examples comparing it to the more notorious head shots through the ages while screaming for a 15 game suspension.
Head shots through the ages?? I think most people are just talking about this year. *shrug*

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
Yeah basically that's it. Stuff like that hit happens. Just accept it especially if your team has committed fouls in the past.

Ridiculous comment and ridiculous logic

does this ridiculous logic apply to anything besides the Bruins?

would it apply to real life? If a member of your family sucker punched someone at a bar 10 years ago does that now make you fair game to be sucker punched with no repercussions?

SMH

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Heat of the moment stuff happens, Bruin fans should take a look at the past performances of players on their roster.
There was no heat of the moment here, this is wilson - predatory hits to the head is his thing. That shift he was running around running ppl. It ended with this attempt to put someone through the glass, not a hockey play at all. Be different story if this was Matthews or McDavid laying there. The victim blaming does not help a guy that was taken to the hospital in an ambulance.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Head shots through the ages?? I think most people are just talking about this year. *shrug*
If you browse through the (now closed) first discussion thread on this topic (and I know you have) you'll see clips posted on an array of dirty hits and head shots including a Messier homage. Not sure what's confusing about my post, all teams (fans) do it to compare the dastardly villain to others of his ilk.

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
Whataboutism is the lowest IQ thing that ever happened to the internet.

Even logically it doesn’t make sense. So you’re saying the headshots that Marchand has dished out are bad but this one is good? You’re for headshots all together? You agree that it’s just as bad as the ones in the past?

It has no sense behind it, it’s just someone trying to make themselves feel better and smarter because they pointed out some perception of hypocrisy..while being hypocritical in the process :laugh:. It’s turtles all the way down!

Whataboutism is an attempt at avoiding moral judgement on something that the user knows is wrong but isn’t morally qualified or mature enough to admit. You typically find this behavior in children.

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
If you asking fans, then yeah, why not. There were many asking for headhunt after Backstrom or Vrana after this hit. If you asking players, I doubt they think that way, often hits come as a retaliation.

mid you are a fan and say that Carlo “deserved that hit” because he wears the same jersey as someone who did something dirty in the past then you are quite simply a terrible human being with a low IQ and a sad existence

would you say Vrana or Backstrom or Ovechkin would have deserved to be hit head first in to the boards as retaliation? I would hope your answer is no, which would make your first comment inconsistent

member 96824

League didn't condemn this hit, only his haters. I think your examples are wrong.

Of course, at 8:52AM EST the next day the league hasn’t condemned it so that’s why you’re right and those other guys were wrong.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
In the long term, the NHL and the game of hockey would be best served by making a sincere effort to take concussions out of the game.

I honestly see a path where DoPS can make a case that the hit wasn't worthy of a suspension. But if that's the result of their review, then I think the NHL needs to have a long, hard look at their rules.

Personally, I would hope that the NHL would consider a blanket ban on contact to the head of your opponent. If players can be told that they're responsible for their sticks at all times, then they should be responsible for making sure they don't make contact with their opponent's head while throwing a body check. Intent or principal point of contact shouldn't matter.

The point is that the game would be much better off if those sorts of hits were routinely punished, no matter which players throw them. I'm not saying that Brandon Carlo is a star, but how many really, really good players have to have their careers ended by concussions before the league gets serious about these sorts of hits?

my point is the three hits against the Habs this year were worse than this and not suspendable. Am I mad it was my team? Absolutely, do I still think they were suspendable? Absolutely

Wilson clearly hit the body first so judging by how they have been reviewing it, it’s a clean hit. The damage to head was caused by the glass.

Reactions: BLONG7

pearljamvs5

Jun 19, 2011
If you browse through the (now closed) first discussion thread on this topic (and I know you have) you'll see clips posted on an array of dirty hits and head shots including a Messier homage. Not sure what's confusing about my post, all teams (fans) do it to compare the dastardly villain to others of his ilk.
All teams have players who have layed an array of dirty hit...and all teams have fans who will defend any and all dirty hits...still not sure how that relates to this topic? Doesn't make a dirty hit less dirty?

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Yeah basically that's it. Stuff like that hit happens. Just accept it especially if your team has committed fouls in the past.
So by that logic, The Leafs had Kadri doing bad stuff - therefore it is fair game to run Marner's head into the glass. Carlo deserved being sent to the hospital with a concussion because of what another guy did sometime way back in time, oh okay I get it.

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
Vicious indirect hits to the head--where the victim's head is slammed into the glass by the force of the high hit to the neck, as was the case with the Wilson hit-- should receive the same level of punishment as direct hits to the head. Period.

Reactions: Dessloch and bme44

member 96824

mid you are a fan and say that Carlo “deserved that hit” because he wears the same jersey as someone who did something dirty in the past then you are quite simply a terrible human being with a low IQ and a sad existence

would you say Vrana or Backstrom or Ovechkin would have deserved to be hit head first in to the boards as retaliation? I would hope your answer is no, which would make your first comment inconsistent

All you have to do is search his history for the word “dirty” for his real feelings.

It’s a montage of “everyone is dirty but us”

Ive never seen anyone reference the Islanders or Carolina freakin Hurricanes as dirty before :laugh:

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
Given that the Caps play tomorrow night, is it the assumption we’ll find out today? Or night the league just suspend him pending a hearing?

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Take the sweaters of the players , in other words see the hit for what it was and any knowledgeable fan would call it a dirty hit. If you take the history of the player it become a dirty play ,bye a player with a very checkered past. There is no room for a play like this in hockey, if the NHL considers play safety a priority

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Screenshot_20210306-084727_Chrome.jpg

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
All teams have players who have layed an array of dirty hit...and all teams have fans who will defend any and all dirty hits...still not sure how that relates to this topic? Doesn't make a dirty hit less dirty?
Why discuss at all if you're going to be blatantly obtuse. It has plenty to do with this discussion: The Cap fans defending the hit would rail against it if it was their player on the receiving end. The Bruin fans would swear on the hit's legality if their player had initiated it. Relates directly to this silly back and forth discussion of,
"was legal hit,"
"Was not."
"Was too."
"Was not, its exactly like this video clip of this evil guy doing something bad that got him suspended!"
"No it wasn't!"
"Was too."

Reactions: BrainOfJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad