Wilson hit on Brandon Carlo (Part-2) (suspended 7 games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 96824

This post sums up why you're posting in this thread. That's okay -- for some people, that's what the internet is for -- but it's all you're doing. The hit was in the head, and pretty much all neutral fans who watched the video are saying this.

I’m surprised you weren’t in on it yet tbh. Guy needed some attention so this is how he spent his entire Saturday.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Bruins fans saying Wilson just went crazy without reason are hilarious. The Bruins did an awesome job making Caps players forget about gameplan and try to revenge. To summarize what happens:

[MOD]

I don’t think I said he didn’t have reason, there’s reason in every game to get aggressive. The Caps play a physical game, is this the first time a team has tried to match their physicality?

He was the only player to take those reasons to a level where he’s hurting people, for that he is at fault. Everyone else on the ice was able to have enough self control and not take head shots at guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigWilly43

May 3, 2018
Maryland
This post sums up why you're posting in this thread. That's okay -- for some people, that's what the internet is for -- but it's all you're doing. The hit was in the head, and pretty much all neutral fans who watched the video are saying this.
No one is neutral when it comes to Tom Wilson. Lets be honest. How many angles and videos of the hit have been posted here? How can you say it was head contact when he clearly hits his shoulder first? Are ALL OF YOU blind? You think stuff like this would get cleared up in the internet, 100 different angle slow motion age but I think its made it worse actually.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
I watched it live. I don't need to convince myself. I then watched it from 4 different angles and in slow motion which proves my point even more.

Does him having a meeting with DoPS also prove your point? Or are you just blinded by the situation given you chose this player who has been suspended for 23 games and known for being a cheap player as your avatar.

member 96824

I didn't hear excuses from fake headshot accusers either. I guess we're even.

Lol.

See you next time something happens to the caps, front and center with tears rolling down your cheeks about how “dirty” those Carolina Hurricanes and New York Islanders are.

Reactions: StrBender

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
No one is neutral when it comes to Tom Wilson. Lets be honest. How many angles and videos of the hit have been posted here? How can you say it was head contact when he clearly hits his shoulder first? Are ALL OF YOU blind? You think stuff like this would get cleared up in the internet, 100 different angle slow motion age but I think its made it worse actually.
I barely watch the Capitals, have little emotional investment in any particular view of Tom Wilson, and am not among the people calling for his head. I'm solely talking about this hit.

Reactions: Luckylarry

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
I'm not here to only discuss with people who agree with me, but I thought this was a refreshing take from a Caps fan and something I didn't really think of when Ovi speared Frederic.
You don't see this type of reaction typically from a veteran team with solid leadership. You would not see this type of out of control response from a Bruins team, you just wouldn't. I'm a fan, but I'm honest and while Wilson is a big boy and responsible for himself this was a direct response to what Ovechkin did not handle the game prior.

Reactions: NDiesel

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Wilson lost control when he tried, but failed, to run over that Bruin who was bothering OV last game. Pretty much the guy put Wilson, who initiated the contact, on his rear. After that embarrassment, Wilson snapped, and targeted the first defenceless Bruin he could catch with a high hit.
That's a sequence just prior the hit. He might made his mind a way before that. I doubt he would act like this if opponent was honest in his game.

member 96824

I think this is copied and pasted from Penguins fans defending Matt Cooke, Rangers fans defending Lemieux, and B’s fans defending Marchand.

Reactions: The National

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I love how mad you are. Have fun missing the playoffs this year.

Lol. Not mad at all. Just want justice to be done.

Missing the playoffs? You wish.

Have a good night, bro.

I don't think there was matchup Wilson and TF line. I think Caps coach inserted him on purpose after things happened on ice. Don't forget, we don't see everything that happens on ice.

Capitals fan can't live in Montreal?

Sure they can. Still not expecting sympathy. Lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: lopey

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
He was the only player to take those reasons to a level where he’s hurting people, for that he is at fault. Everyone else on the ice was able to have enough self control and not take head shots at guys.

Not a headshot, but boarding. Which is very vague as a définition. Little bit less speed, and he would get nothing.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Yup. I hate the Bruins, and cheer against them in every game - except against the Leafs. And I think Wilson is one heck of a player. But he’s got a screw loose or something that causes him to rage. This was one of those rage moments, caused by being put on his rear a few seconds before.

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
Also, repeat offence is taken into account, so Wilson's reputation is germane to deciding whether he should be punished. When a player injures other players/throws dirty or borderline hits regularly, the league observes them more closely in the future and punishes them more severely in an effort to correct their behaviour. This is literally built into the system. It's not about stuffy executives showing up players that thumb their nose at the league. They're trying to keep people from getting injured.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
So then what do you mean by saying trap the puck while he is along the boards.
But yea Carlo was eligible to be hit legally. Problem is, that’s not what happened and that is why he has a meeting with DoPS. See that’s the problem with your stance, it’s just wrong.
Best case? Get the puck back to his own feet instead of looking down to put it on his stick, focus on Wilson coming in, and counter-hit/avoid contact to try to retain body position on the puck. Then face the boards (or realistically just the puck, but probably the boards too) and try to maintain possession in the regular kick and push sort of way until your defensive support arrives, battle or freeze the puck if necessary. If you can escape both guys and still keep possession that's great, but it's not likely and you can't attempt it if you don't see Wilson coming.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013

Dude who’s user name is based on Wilson, who’s avatar is Wilson, is in a thread about Wilson talking about being neutral.

5Jack0

Mar 6, 2012
Somewhere out there
He only got a piece of Carlo’s shoulder because it was in the way of smashing his head, just a momentary blip on the way to crushing another guys skull because his wires crossed and he can’t control himself. He had zero intention of hitting him in the shoulder, he’s an NHL player and could have easily avoided his head, decided to potentially end a kids career and alter his life because that’s who he is.

Reactions: BTO and BrainOfJ

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
Best case? Get the puck back to his own feet instead of looking down to put it on his stick, focus on Wilson coming in, and counter-hit/avoid contact to try to retain body position on the puck. Then face the boards (or realistically just the puck, but probably the boards too) and try to maintain possession in the regular kick and push sort of way until your defensive support arrives, battle or freeze the puck if necessary. If you can escape both guys and still keep possession that's great, but it's not likely and you can't attempt it if you don't see Wilson coming.
I mean, none of this matters. Whether Carlo could or have positioned himself differently is irrelevant to the question of whether the hit was legal. Carlo could spend every shift of the season standing still, facing the boards and daring every opposing player to hit him from behind and it would still be illegal if any of them did it.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
That's a sequence just prior the hit. He might made his mind a way before that. I doubt he would act like this if opponent was honest in his game.

I can’t believe the Bruins were nut shotting guys, headshotting guys, and crosschecking concussed players in the head while they were down on the ice. A really honest team like the Caps don’t do those things. An honest team like the Caps would never have disciplinary hearings in back to back games for dirty plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad