Post-Game Talk: Willy Wild Styles 2-1 OT

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Serevalli is still on his bitch tour because of the O’Reilly trade and thinks Willy hooked the Wild player before stealing the puck.

Even assuming Serevalli is right, who gives a f***? So much gets let go in OT anyway like Lyubushkin’s hook last night and the interference on Matthews by that Coyote last season.

Enniskillen

Jan 16, 2021
LTIR Mathews, let’s see what he does in playoffs. He missed the net like three times tonight, maybe he needs more time. And what happened to Acciari’s physical game? He got exposed to woke and soft culture of this iteration of the Leafs?

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
since game 1 of the pre-season

why? if he's putting 40+ pucks into the net on avg per year it's the going rate in this league,

the real problem as I see it is you'll have to make a hugely difficult choice and move one of those guys

it won't be JT, not only because of the C and the NTC, but because he was offered that money, and I can't see it being Mitch just because he respected the idea that JT is supposed to be the highest paid of the Leafs. It may end up having to be Reilly but he'll be hard to move I think, which only leaves 1 and in which case Willie will finally be tasked to play in the middle.

it was truly one of the best goals of the year

The Leafs may have 4 of the top 10 goals of the year and 5 if they include the one that didn't count:thumbu:

Just tonshow difference marner vs nylander with teammate

Last 2 season matthews played entire season with nylander
Pace for 45 goal 88 pts and 41 goal 89 pts
2 last full complete with marner 65 goal, 104 pts and 67 goal and 119 pts
-46 goal and pts

Jt last 2 season with nylander 28 goal 73 pts and 28 79 pts
With marner 47 goal 87 pts and 36 goal and 83 pts
-27 goal and - 18 pts

i just dont know what nylander really bring more than a forsberg, tarasenko or kessel ( younger)... lets be clear they all pretty good player but he is not a game changer like marner and matthews are...

An other exemple guentzel will have to resign at same time than nylander in a similar context than nylander... if he resign at 8, 8.5M... you will be fine to resign nylander 10M++

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
We can’t give up on matty yet he may be having a bad year this year but next year he may kick ass . Me if he kicks ass next year I want it to be on this team not another team

He's doing one for the team.

How do you pay the 4th. highest scoring player the most?

1677298530364.png

:sarcasm:

Last edited:

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
We can’t give up on matty yet he may be having a bad year this year but next year he may kick ass . Me if he kicks ass next year I want it to be on this team not another team
The fear is he may give up on us if we can’t win in the playoffs, we have to get something for him, we can’t let him go for nothing.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
This was a playoff game. Tight checking teams who don't generate chances but clog everything up and play for OT. Old Leafs would have blown this game by trying to be too creative.
It really was, and is anyone surprised that the Leaf who stepped up in this type of game is once again Nylander?

He's our most clutch forward tbh, what a talent he is

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Willy is a Nylander and they're not known to leave a dime on the table so you start negotiating first chance you get. May not get a deal done this summer but whomever the GM is at least gets a good read on the range and can factor it into the different scenarios he has to consider.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
The fear is he may give up on us if we can’t win in the playoffs, we have to get something for him, we can’t let him go for nothing.
Did I miss something bc I have not heard anything from AM that he doesn’t want to resign with the Leafs. Prior to McD and Eichel, I don’t think anyone coming out of their ELC signed any contracts for 8 yrs. Most of them signed for 5-6yrs, some even signed for less in order to get to their third contract quicker.

Reactions: saffronleaf

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Just tonshow difference marner vs nylander with teammate

Last 2 season matthews played entire season with nylander
Pace for 45 goal 88 pts and 41 goal 89 pts
2 last full complete with marner 65 goal, 104 pts and 67 goal and 119 pts
-46 goal and pts

Jt last 2 season with nylander 28 goal 73 pts and 28 79 pts
With marner 47 goal 87 pts and 36 goal and 83 pts
-27 goal and - 18 pts

i just dont know what nylander really bring more than a forsberg, tarasenko or kessel ( younger)... lets be clear they all pretty good player but he is not a game changer like marner and matthews are...

An other exemple guentzel will have to resign at same time than nylander in a similar context than nylander... if he resign at 8, 8.5M... you will be fine to resign nylander 10M++

And this year?

Leafs leading goal scorer, and 2nd. on the team in assists.

And now the real season:

1677298900152.png

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Did I miss something bc I have not heard anything from AM that he doesn’t want to resign with the Leafs. Prior to McD and Eichel, I don’t think anyone coming out of their ELC signed any contracts for 8 yrs. Most of them signed for 5-6yrs, some even signed for less in order to get to their third contract quicker.
Why would he stay on a team that can’t win in the playoffs, it would make sense he would go somewhere to try and win a Cup. As I said it’s a gamble I wouldn’t take. That is why I said unless we make the final. If we do well sure he will probably stay.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Willy is a Nylander and they're not known to leave a dime on the table so you start negotiating first chance you get. May not get a deal done this summer but whomever the GM is at least gets a good read on the range and can factor it into the different scenarios he has to consider.

From what William has said, he didn't really enjoy moving around.

I think he'll easily agree to an appropriate long term deal.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Only a fool would give up on a 60 goal scorer having a down year, while playing way better D in his own end might I add. He just needs to find how to score more while being more responsible in his own end,

The game tonight was a mini playoffs game, not a lot of free ice down there, Minnesota played behind the goal line and tried to grind it out, didn't like how Toronto responded to it though, few lucky bounces and Minnesota coulda won

Reactions: saffronleaf

reggietfc

Feb 21, 2012
Frank Seravalli
@frank_seravalli
·
37m
I’ve watched this goal 200x already. What a beautiful sequence. Effort, creative, silky.

But I’m torn. Was this a crafty stick lift?Looks deft, but tough to do with one hand.

I think it’s actually a missed hooking call, looks to me like Nylander gets him on the hands. 🤷🏼‍♂️

this clown really has a hate for the leafs ..wth

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
I just truly hope we can keep Nylander when his contract is up. Little worried about both his and Matthews raises coming the same season, a year before Tavares massive contract is off the books.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Only a fool would give up on a 60 goal scorer having a down year, while playing way better D in his own end might I add. He just needs to find how to score more while being more responsible in his own end,

The game tonight was a mini playoffs game, not a lot of free ice down there, Minnesota played behind the goal line and tried to grind it out, didn't like how Toronto responded to it though, few lucky bounces and Minnesota coulda won

Maybe we should add: Steve Yzerman Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON

for that user who asked who still hates on willy

• Haha
Reactions: PROUD PAPA

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
From what William has said, he didn't really enjoy moving around.

I think he'll easily agree to an appropriate long term deal.
This would be a one time thing if he signs a max contract. Dad moved every couple years and 3 more times during the lost lockout season. No doubt that sucked but it was on a whole other level.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00