Not open for further replies.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
I personally would do:

Kapanen - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Marleau - Kadri - Brown
Johnsson - Lindholm - Leivo

I'm of the opinion that we start Willie on the 3rd line with Naz to get Naz going and give him some sheltered minutes he can feast on to build his confidence, but also "punish" him a little bit for not signing earlier, then we can go to that line formation moving forward if it doesn't really workout.

member 300185

A quick google search gave me this:.Shows I was right and $200,000 is out to lunch.

"How much does it cost to play hockey in Ontario". Click on the 3rd link down after you type that into google.

Albz

Jun 30, 2018
Lmao

Attachments

• 13340F89-BF18-415E-AAAA-52B4BDDEF072.jpeg
    13340F89-BF18-415E-AAAA-52B4BDDEF072.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 74

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Willie doesn't really have any friends on the Leafs. You see pictures of Marner, Matthews, Brown, even Kapanen all hanging out. Nylander is almost nonexistent.
Willy has lots of friends on the Leafs. Even the players you mentioned, specifically Kapanen and Matthews are his great friends.
Im sure countrymen, Johansson and Lindholm are good friends of his.

Him and kappy have tons of pictures together.

No idea why you'd spew this nonsense

Last edited:

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
He probably won't but he's still an elite 3C by all other accounts. Just b/c his TOI and PP function is reduced due to Tavares doesn't mean he's any worse.

yup. Before on the PP bozak was absolutely useless on the left side now we have matthews there making the high slot for Kadri not as important as before

that said, kadri will play an important role and once he gets rolling he will get 45-50 points which is still pretty good for a 3C on a 4.5M per contract IMO

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Goat adds a dimension we don't have so he wont get moved.

Ennis types we have that in spades but a ton better so likely he goes.

Marincin i hate but babs loves so he probably stays.

Holl is a Dubas project and we will likely lose him to another team on waivers as stay at home right handed dman are hard to come by.

with the way things have gone thus far I think it will come down to between Johnsson/Ennis being sent down. I am not sure if Johnsson has to go through waivers or not? if he does then it is definitely good bye Ennis IMO

freshwind

Mar 23, 2002
Willy has lots of friends on the Leafs. Even the players you mentioned, specifically Kapanen and Matthews are his great friends.
Im sure countrymen, Johansson and Lindholm are good friends of his.

Him and kappy have tons of pictures together

this is true...willie and auston went fishing in algonquin this past summer an kappy was quoted this week saying willie is his best friend

LeafsHome

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto
I'm sure there's more to what was said but if Dreger is seriously saying the sole purpose of Dubas heading to Switzerland was to tell Nylander that he's not trading him that's just idiotic IMO. Dreger is really losing credibility day by day.
If Nylander won't budge off the $8mil Dubas should make him sit out the entire year - do not trade him under any circumstance - If he requests a trade and the Leafs accommodate him, then he wins and the Leafs lose

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I'm sure there's more to what was said but if Dreger is seriously saying the sole purpose of Dubas heading to Switzerland was to tell Nylander that he's not trading him that's just idiotic IMO. Dreger is really losing credibility day by day.

Did he have credibility in the first place? He hasn't known anything Leafs related since Nonis got **** canned

this is true...willie and auston went fishing in algonquin this past summer an kappy was quoted this week saying willie is his best friend

I've seen pictures of Kappy and Willy playing volleyball with Willys family in the off-season before as well

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
stop with the #FakeNews that willy doesn't have any friends on the Leafs

• He came for the smashfest in TO
  • Auston and Willy went fishing this past summer together
  • Willy and Kappy have been friends forever
  • Willy is good friends with Marner, Hyman, Brown (do you remember the time willy, marner, matthews, hyman went to the christmas fair?)
  • Willy is well liked by both Babs and Dubas
  • Willy is well liked by his team mates throughout
It is just disturbing to read posts here driving Willy's name into the mud with fake stories. Stop it!

Go4soda

Dec 15, 2015
That 200,000 number is misunderstood. I think it was p. Kane’s dad that did an interview saying he pumped roughly 200k into patty’s career. But that included hockey academy which is like 30-50k a year. Most players don’t attend those schools and are products of the conventional hockey stream. Those costs are roughly 2500-3000 per year until minor midget when private teams can charge upward of 10,000. But that’s the last step before junior. Add in travel, equipment/ team costs etc. Of course.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
I'm of the opinion that we start Willie on the 3rd line with Naz to get Naz going and give him some sheltered minutes he can feast on to build his confidence, but also "punish" him a little bit for not signing earlier, then we can go to that line formation moving forward if it doesn't really workout.
I prefer Hyman with Kadri and Maleau with JT and Marner.

Atrusai

Oct 9, 2017

Playing on the third line would be his preseason. I'm sure it's not easy to come back to NHL action after missing this much time with the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad