Speculation: Willy Nilly XX

Which contract would you sign if you were William Nylander

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Dubas in Switzerland: Id love to pay you 8*8, but we cant because we dont predict the cap to increase enough to pay you and your teammates, so the next decision is on you.

1. 6.75 mill * 7 years on the Leafs
2. 8*8 or whatever your team negotiates on another team.

You have until Nov. 1 to make a decision and then we look at trading you. If we dont get the deal we want, you may not play in the NHL this year.

Hope to hear from you and your team soon.

Reactions: glue and Marshy

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Oh yeah I forgot to post the Mercedes update. Mercedes #8 took a nose dive off the swiss alps yesterday. Not a bad way to go down.

Reactions: hockeynorth

ManWithNoName

Unregistered User
Jul 9, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
If its 1-2 million over 8 years, thats a lot of money and nothing to sneeze at

Im sure that he also wants assurances that if he signs a team friendly deal he isnt going to get traded to a bottom feeder to make cap room before the Leafs win a Cup

It is a lot of money, but 6,5 millions x 8 is even more money.

$52 million is approx 500 million SEK (Swedish currency).

He could by a small town in Sweden for that money and still wipe his ass with $100 bills for the rest of his life.

He is a greedy f***. That is all.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Seriously - high end talent with questionable work ethic, was a factor in one playoff series and a non-factor in another
Coach has sent him to 4th line a few times as a wake up
But pay him 7+ million

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

KinMan

Jun 28, 2014
It is a lot of money, but 6,5 millions x 8 is even more money.

$52 million is approx 500 million SEK (Swedish currency).

He could by a small town in Sweden for that money and still wipe his ass with $100 bills for the rest of his life.

He is a greedy ****. That is all.

Cost of living in Sweden is much more expensive than in North America.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
If any of you think Rielly is worth more than 5 mil AAV for the next 3 or 4 years?, that is why Willie wont sign a 6 mil AAV long term deal. Rielly has outgrown his contract, just saying.

I think maybe Dubas wants to pay Willie for what he is as of now (60 point guy) and Willie wants to be paid for the guy 2/3 years from now (80-100 point guy) ... im bored, so tossing stuff out there

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
My patience is wearing thin with this situation. But, this situation still hasn't reached an unprecedented point as it were. At least not yet.

Late RFA signings: Analyzing recent cases and how players performed - Sportsnet.ca

• Jacoub Trouba: Signed Nov. 7, 2016

• Hampus Lindholm: Signed Oct. 27, 2016

• Andreas Athanasiou: Signed Oct. 23, 2017

Three players who held out longer than Nylander. Trouba missed 13 games. Lindholm missed 8 games. And Athanasiou missed 6. We've passed the games played threshold in the Lindholm and Athanasiou situations, but not the exact dates. Trouba we're still behind both.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
If you look at my post history you'll see that the amount of Nylander trade proposals I created is proof of my elite speculation about this situation.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Well, I haven’t followed these threads very closely, but it sounds like there are some different pov’s at play and influences.

Might be Willy et al suggesting his value has been suppressed by the Leafs usage of him. At C, his value would’ve been higher, and some of his usage has been a bit suspect, namely pp use. Some of the underlying metrics reported here have him top 30 in the league and pretty elite. It’s a mildly compelling argument. I’d think he’s a top two C on most teams, and conceivably the best in some scenarios.

But, you’d think that the teams analytics department would be prepared for that argument, and could find, be willing to find, some middle ground.

If the dad and agent are impossible, and Willy is on board, might be a stalemate. If the C position is a hot button topic, then same thing. Ego? Same thing.

If he’d accept money close to his reasonable comps, there’s a real good chance at winning.

From a common sense pov, it’s just a shame.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
If any of you think Rielly is worth more than 5 mil AAV for the next 3 or 4 years?, that is why Willie wont sign a 6 mil AAV long term deal. Rielly has outgrown his contract, just saying.

I think maybe Dubas wants to pay Willie for what he is as of now (60 point guy) and Willie wants to be paid for the guy 2/3 years from now (80-100 point guy) ... im bored, so tossing stuff out there

It happens, sometimes guys out-perform their contract, just like sometimes guys don't perform as well as their getting paid

If you start handing out contracts on something as doubtful as Nylander becoming a consistent 90 point player your completely insane, you pay guys on what they have done with perhaps a slight upwards tick if you think he's got some growth still left in his game

Anything else is cap suicide

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I am warming up to th idea of trading Willy. If that 8M ask is true and he is not willing to budge then I think we should just part ways.

We need players with character that wanna win and their primary incentive is not just money.

I love Willy but this is getting out of hand. He had a luxurious childhood being a child of a millionaire father; if he continues to bicker about 1 to 2 million dollars then it is best that he get his dollars and we get a price for him either a D-man or or equally talented winger.

As for J.T. and subtraction; it won’t be a subtraction if we get equal value in a trade for Willy.

Set a deadline of it can’t be met good bye

Reactions: coupe93 and Lauro

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

Was Rielly a 5 million d-man first couple years of his contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->