Speculation: Willy Nilly XX

Which contract would you sign if you were William Nylander

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
If any of you think Rielly is worth more than 5 mil AAV for the next 3 or 4 years?, that is why Willie wont sign a 6 mil AAV long term deal. Rielly has outgrown his contract, just saying.

I think maybe Dubas wants to pay Willie for what he is as of now (60 point guy) and Willie wants to be paid for the guy 2/3 years from now (80-100 point guy) ... im bored, so tossing stuff out there

Really like the Rielly contract, and Nylander is definitely more productive than Rielly was going into that negotiation. The potential problem so far is that no team appears to be offering what Nylander appears to be asking for. December is still far enough into the future, but there's no guarantee that stance will change up to then.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
For me hope dies this weekend.

If after the face to face Nylander refuses to sign then that tells me he has made up his mind and will be sitting out the year.

On Monday Dubas should start calling back the GMs who called interested in Nylander. Toronto has to trade Nylander well before Dec1 so the new team can have time to resign

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

If after the face to face Nylander refuses to sign then that tells me he has made up his mind and will be sitting out the year.

On Monday Dubas should start calling back the GMs who called interested in Nylander. Toronto has to trade Nylander well before Dec1 so the new team can have time to resign

Seems a wee bit extreme lol

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Then shouldn't it be funny? If it's humor and all?
Yeah truly hilarious o_O

Just because your sense of humour is different stop bitching at the rest of the people who found it funny. It was harmless. You act like the boards grandmother on here. Fml

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
We have to trade him now. He has become a problem. We must eliminate this problem, you see? It's necessary.

LeafsHome

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto
I am warming up to th idea of trading Willy. If that 8M ask is true and he is not willing to budge then I think we should just part ways.

We need players with character that wanna win and their primary incentive is not just money.

I love Willy but this is getting out of hand. He had a luxurious childhood being a child of a millionaire father; if he continues to bicker about 1 to 2 million dollars then it is best that he get his dollars and we get a price for him either a D-man or or equally talented winger.

As for J.T. and subtraction; it won’t be a subtraction if we get equal value in a trade for Willy.

Set a deadline of it can’t be met good bye
Except for one thing - Their isn't one team in the league that will pay him $8mil

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010

He’s a RFA so teams can talk to him now.

He has until Dec 1 to sign with the Leafs or another team. The longer it goes, the more risky it will be for him being traded.

It’s up to Willy.

LeafsHome

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto

He's not tradeble at his $8mil asking price - he doesn't get it

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
If any of you think Rielly is worth more than 5 mil AAV for the next 3 or 4 years?, that is why Willie wont sign a 6 mil AAV long term deal. Rielly has outgrown his contract, just saying.

I think maybe Dubas wants to pay Willie for what he is as of now (60 point guy) and Willie wants to be paid for the guy 2/3 years from now (80-100 point guy) ... im bored, so tossing stuff out there
Again with nonsense like this.

This argument applies to literally every player in the nhl coming off of their elc. This is not a unique situation for Nylander. It applies to Ehlers (who signed for 6x7) and Pastrnak (6.6x6) as well. Both of these players put up better numbers than Nylander.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Just because your sense of humour is different stop *****ing at the rest of the people who found it funny. It was harmless. You act like the boards grandmother on here. Fml

You can find it funny if you want, just like I'm entitled to feel sorry for you and what you find funny

I don't care about you or what you think and if that stupidity makes you feel better have at it

LeafsHome

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto
There’s no offer sheet coming to save the day. For one, no-one wants to pick a fight with the financial might of the Leafs, fearing one of their own would be poached in retaliation. And the money just doesn’t work for anyone.

Reactions: PhiladelphiaKessel

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Was Rielly a 5 million d-man first couple years of his contract?
He's still not a 5 mill D man because he sucks defensively , he is however a 40 point winger and 5 mill doesn't seem all that bad for a 40 point winger even if he sucks defensively .

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
It is a lot of money, but 6,5 millions x 8 is even more money.

$52 million is approx 500 million SEK (Swedish currency).

He could by a small town in Sweden for that money and still wipe his ass with $100 bills for the rest of his life.

He is a greedy ****. That is all.

You entirely ignored the second part of my post, which is equally important. You stated he should be happy with 6.5m and the chance to win the Cup on a contender (the Leafs). Do you know what a 6.5m contract makes William Nylander? An extremely tradeable asset if Dubas decides we need a Dman. Why should he take a "discount" to play for a contender, when that contender could then turn around and trade him to Arizona next week?

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Again with nonsense like this.

This argument applies to literally every player in the nhl coming off of their elc. This is not a unique situation for Nylander. It applies to Ehlers (who signed for 6x7) and Pastrnak (6.6x6) as well. Both of these players put up better numbers than Nylander.

your opinion is weak, lets look at Pastrnak, he has already outgrown his contract, im sure Willie is looking at him as a example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad