William Nylander vs Bo Horvat

William Nylander vs Bo Horvat

• William Nylander

• Bo Horvat

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
I think that 10 years from now if you look back....Nylander will score 10 points more a year on average....however i think its harder to find the TYPE of player that Horvat is.
He's that gritty two-way center who can put up points. Nylander to me is just another flashy skilled guy, who definietly has value but isn't as "rare" a player
Horvat reminds me of a center version of Rod Brid'Amour. I'd take him

HOWEVER, if you've got lots of depth and grit and two-way acumen in your line-up and you need to generate more offense then Nylander is definitely your man

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Mar 26, 2010
Reality has Horvat winning this poll. Your point?
Reality is, this is HFboards full of Toronto haters. Not the NHL. Toronto is team to hate on this board.

Nylander is better than Horvat, the skill set is on different tiers.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Reality is, this is HFboards full of Toronto haters. Not the NHL. Toronto is team to hate on this board.

That’s insane, Horvat is scoring at a ~ppg pace playing with walmart employees right now.

Horvat was on pace for ~30/30 last year as a centre who’s significantly better defensively, how on earth is Nylander better.

A 60 point winger playing with a top 5 centre in the sport, is somehow better? Insanity

“Leafs bias” cute

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
I was told I’m a leaf hater when I voted Pettersson over Matthews. No accusations were thrown my way in that regard when I voted Marner over Boeser though.

Edit- and Nylander here.

Last edited:
Reactions: CP4

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Agree that Horvat and Nylander are on different tiers. Bo is at a higher level than Nylander and a better two way player despite a number of hardcore Toronto homers like yourself.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Horvat has 31g 28a 59pts in his last 81 games.

Nylander has 20g 41a 61pts in his last 82 games.

Horvat plays tougher matchups, a tougher position, and alongside worse line mates.

Nylander’s line at even strength faced the opposition’s top pairings and shutdown lines.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
That’s insane, Horvat is scoring at a ~ppg pace playing with walmart employees right now.

Horvat was on pace for ~30/30 last year as a centre who’s significantly better defensively, how on earth is Nylander better.

A 60 point winger playing with a top 5 centre in the sport, is somehow better? Insanity

“Leafs bias” cute

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
I was told I’m a leaf hater when I voted Pettersson over Matthews. No accusations were thrown my way in that regard when I voted Marner over Boeser though.

Edit- and Nylander here.

It always depends are your argumentation.
I personally don't think you can believe a player in 15 games, is better than someone who has done it in his 3rd season.

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
Horvat has 31g 28a 59pts in his last 81 games.

Nylander has 20g 41a 61pts in his last 82 games.

Horvat plays tougher matchups, a tougher position, and alongside worse line mates.

This.

Also, Horvat is a better 2 way player, more physical, is on a great contract, and will likely be the next captain of the Canucks. Nylander is a very good young player with huge upside, not taking anything from him, I just feel Horvat is more valuable to a team.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA

“Leafs bias” cute

No numbers bare this out.
Scores more (pace means nothing, so we were always told), and is better defensively, especially in the neutral zone.

Mar 26, 2010
Once again you display the same usual inferiority complex and now victim complex most leafs fans do. Just stop.
No victim here, you have said this a few times now and I am not sure why. Knock off the lame posts

Toronto has a great young team, the best Canadian team in the NHL. When the 82 game season is played, you will see where Toronto is. The creme always rises to the top.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
No victim here, you have said this a few times now and I am not sure why. Knock off the lame posts

Toronto has a great young team, the best Canadian team in the NHL. When the 82 game season is played, you will see where Toronto is. The creme always rises to the top.
Discussing two individual players here.......Are we all attacking the Leafs or something...?...get a grip..

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Interesting. You earlier claimed the Leafs were an AHL team without Matthews and Nylander.
Seems like you have wild mood swings. :laugh:

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
No numbers bare this out.
Scores more (pace means nothing, so we were always told), and is better defensively, especially in the neutral zone.
Imagine thinking William Nylander is better than Bo Horvat defensively and then citing +\- and thinking you’re savy with numbers.

It’s people like you who have absolutely zero idea how to use stats effectively, looking at raw corsi and thinking it means “he’s bEtter” is something domnicknownothingfan has introduced to this forum and seems to be carrying over to others.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon

Read what you previously typed again. You'll find your answer. I guess the truth hurts so you have to utter with classifying them as "lame" post as retorts.

No one said Toronto isn't a great team. Not everything revolves around your precious Leafs. There are 30 other teams around the league.

Horvat is better than Nylander.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
If Nylander gets traded to another team, he destroys horvat in the polls. Watch.

giphy.gif

Leafs fans. Always brighten the day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad