William Nylander vs Bo Horvat

William Nylander vs Bo Horvat

• William Nylander

• Bo Horvat

Results are only viewable after voting.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Nylander is probably more talented.

Who would I rather have? With contracts included and everything else they bring, Horvat by a country mile.

Reactions: DownGoesMcDavid

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
As a Canucks fan, it's close. Willie seems to be a better overall playdriver. But Bo is improving consistently in all areas year over year.

In a vacuum right now, I'd say Nylander is a better player. But considering Bo's rapid year-over-year development, contract situation, and that he plays center, I think we're better off with Horvat.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I'd take Nylander by a hair. Two very different types of players though. I just think Nylander would use his linemates more than Horvat + make others around him better, where as Horvat is a more individual player.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Nylander continues to be one of the more underappreciated young players in the game. His production per minute of ice time, both at evens and on the power play, put him comfortably in the stratum of more acknowledged stars such as Wheeler, Crosby, Hall, Kessel, Giroux, Eichel, Seguin, and others. Yes he plays with Matthews but good players tend to play with good players. He's great in the neutral zone, gaining the zone with possession better than anyone on the team and better than the vast majority of NHLers. It's fair to call him somewhat one dimensional but that dimension is elite.

Luminiferous

Oct 11, 2018
I take Nylander in a vacuum. However, the swedish bum is not playing. I take Horvat, all things considered. He managed to find the courage and brains to sign a contract.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
I am a Canucks fan and I am very happy to have Horvat.

That being said, I think Nylander is the better player overall, he’s simply more offensively gifted.

Horvat has other factors that can make his impact on the game equal or sometimes greater than Nylander, but I tend to give the tie to the player who has more talent, because drive and determination can be taught, skill cannot.

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
This shouldnt be close. Horvat easily
How? Let's see your boy Horvat crack 60 points first. Bill Nylander is a ppg first liner starting next year. Bo is a solid #2 center (or bottom tier #1 if you will). Things he has on Nylander: position, defense. The thing is Nylander at his best will be two or three tiers better than him in scoring. He's a possession beast. Extremely talented. He sits out 10 games and you forget all this? Easily Nylander now and Nylander in the future.

Reactions: The List Of Jericho

53or8

Nov 20, 2016
Bo horvat is a better team player.Type of player that gets you wins cause of his work ethic not by running the score.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Horvat for sure. He’s taken a big step every year and has taken another one this year. 10 points in 13 games after a slow start to the season.
A big two way center who has to drive his own line while Nylander gets to ride shotgun with Matthews on an offensive team. You’d expect Nylander to get more points given his situation.
I also don’t like how Nylander disappears when the play gets physical. The contract holdout of course just tips it more to Horvat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Bo Horvat. Accidentally clicked Nylander though.

Now if this happened IRL, and i accidentally chose Nylander on my team instead of Horvat, i wouldn't care because the difference isn't that big.

Reactions: HanSolo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad