Value of: William Nylander to Vancouver

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
TML need to free up space for Marner.

I’m sure Leafs brass aren’t thrilled about waiting half a season for Nylander to underachieve for the last half.

Just spitballing:

Nylander

for

Virtanen (15 goals)
Stecher (23 points, +9)
2019 3rd (90th)

Might have some legs? Leafs will need the cap space badly, keep in mind.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010

I’m sure Leafs brass aren’t thrilled about waiting half a season for Nylander to underachieve for the last half.

Just spitballing:

Nylander

for

Virtanen (15 goals)
Stecher (23 points, +9)
2019 3rd (90th)

You spelled Hughes wrong

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
Even though I'm not a fan of Bill Nylander, the Leafs could probably get a better offer elsewhere.

And in the words of Marvin Hagler, "It's tough to get out of bed to do roadwork at 5 am when you've been sleeping in silk pajamas". This is my main worry about trading for a kid that grew up with money, and just recently signed a big $$$ contract. Some players mail it in once they get a big contract, unless they really have a passion for the game. Does Bill have the intensity/passion to get back to where he was? Deep down, does he have the same work ethic of a player that grew up underprivileged like Artemi Panarin?

We will find out next season.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2017
The scary part is Virtanen's ceiling is still really high; he is also two years running the Canucks fastest skater. If this guy ever figures it out; watch out!
I am so sour on Dubas and Nylander that i would take him gone for cap space. Stetcher would be an amazing add and yes Virtanen could be heard from in the future in a way Willie is never gonna be brave enough to.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

Just spitballing:

Nylander

for

Virtanen (15 goals)
Stecher (23 points, +9)
2019 3rd (90th)

We cant be throwing away prospects and picks in all these proposals??? If anything we should be adding. Toronto BADLY needs defense as we saw this playoffs so:

To Vancity: Nylander, 2019 2nd

To Toronto: Tanev, 2020 4th

nuxnuxnux

May 15, 2011
Not the player Vancouver needs, I’d do it for this package though, but wouldn’t move any of horvat,petey,Quinn,Brock or demko for him

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Nylander was dogs breakfast in the playoffs.

Plays the game like he is afraid his hair will get messed up.

Cant win with him.

His agent should be named Agent of the Century for the beating he gave Dubas is negation.

Stecher might not have as much talent but he has 10x the heart and soul. He is part of the core and I'd be disappointed for a Stecher for Nylander 1 for 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad