Value of: William Nylander to Vancouver

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Why derail a thread for no reason. You know Hughes>>>Nylander. Stop.

Btw I wouldn’t trade Stetcher straight up, guy is so underrated and is the heart and soul of the defense. Nylander has been bad this season and a no show in the playoffs.

Yes However Canucks can use Nylander 60 points. His 60 points will definitely help Canucks get in the playoffs.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Yes However Canucks can use Nylander 60 points. His 60 points will definitely help Canucks get in the playoffs.

Canucks goal isnt to get into the playoffs....its to win a cup.

Cant win on a team w. Nylander making that much money. For what he brings....more importantly what he doesnt bring to the table.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016

Cant win on a team w. Nylander making that much money. For what he brings....more importantly what he doesnt bring to the table.

I am sure people said the Samething about Eberle.

Canucks fans still think Virtanen might become some future power forward and is going to start his draft + 6 year. Nylander less than 20 playoffs games and is confirmed a bust.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015

just stoooooop. playoffs lead to the cup

skill >>>> "heart n soul"

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
Why derail a thread for no reason. You know Hughes>>>Nylander. Stop.

Btw I wouldn’t trade Stetcher straight up, guy is so underrated and is the heart and soul of the defense. Nylander has been bad this season and a no show in the playoffs.

Stetcher was a LITERAL no show in the playoffs.

People love to ignore the fact some of the best playoff performers started off invisible. He's 22. Least he got there; it's the start.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
What about Madden for Johnsson?

Leafs may not be able to afford him and they get a c prospect that could make their team in a year or 2.

Torontoborn

Jan 9, 2019
TML need to free up space for Marner.

I’m sure Leafs brass aren’t thrilled about waiting half a season for Nylander to underachieve for the last half.

Just spitballing:

Nylander

for

Virtanen (15 goals)
Stecher (23 points, +9)
2019 3rd (90th)

Might have some legs? Leafs will need the cap space badly, keep in mind.

As a Leaf fan yes, yes, yes, yes.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
TML need to free up space for Marner.

I’m sure Leafs brass aren’t thrilled about waiting half a season for Nylander to underachieve for the last half.

Just spitballing:

Nylander

for

Virtanen (15 goals)
Stecher (23 points, +9)
2019 3rd (90th)

Might have some legs? Leafs will need the cap space badly, keep in mind.

Lmao Dubas isn’t that stupid

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
They should get Pesce and then try to sign Fox. Maybe give liljgren another year but this would be a young and nasty d. A mix of puck movers physicality and youth. turn Nylander into pesce.

d lines would like like this

reilly Pesce
Dermot Fox
Sandin Liljgren

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Hopefully, a contending team will have the guts to offer-sheet Marner and give him big $$$. 4 late 1sts, who gives a ****.

Boston. It would be the perfect coup: (a) filling a need (right-shot RW); (b) creating fantastic secondary scoring (Debrusk-Krejci-Marner); and (c) just sticking it to a division rival, making the Leafs that much weaker and the Bruins that much stronger. Boston has a good prospect pool and will be very competitive in the coming years, so those first-round picks will be late firsts.

Having said that, it won't happen. Among other reasons, I don't think that the Bruins want to upset its salary structure, given that Marner would be earning $10-11 million, or about $4.5 million more than any of Marchand, Bergeron or Pastnrak (although Krejci is actually the highest paid Bruin, at $7.5 million).

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Nylander isn't getting traded, and is not available

I love how this is so often the response when it comes to trading Nylader. Why isn't he getting traded? You'll very likely have three forwards making $10mm+ (two at 11mm+) with one top pairing D man on the entire team.

I understand the premise of not "getting rid of him" but if theres a deal to be made for Nylander that would help the defense it would be silly to not entertain it.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Nylander was dogs breakfast in the playoffs.

Plays the game like he is afraid his hair will get messed up.

Cant win with him.

His agent should be named Agent of the Century for the beating he gave Dubas is negation.

Stecher might not have as much talent but he has 10x the heart and soul. He is part of the core and I'd be disappointed for a Stecher for Nylander 1 for 1.
Can't win with guys like Kessel, either.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
As a Canucks fan I’d probably be more interested in kapanen or Johnsson... but that doesn’t really help leafs cap situation. So as per usual don’t foresee a van-tor deal here (or at least any of us agreeing on one).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->