Value of: William Nylander to Vancouver

Corky

Mar 21, 2008
Singapore
I would be very much surprised to find that you are older than me.

I'll be 70 in a bit more than 2 months.

What my parents taught me is to defend the widows and orphans, which I did.

He was blindly taking shots ?

Nice try.

It's probably why a mod deleted your post.

Dad?

Reactions: Liferleafer

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Nylander for Teravainen.

Canes have already had interest and get the 2nd line center they want. Arguably player with higher upside? At least I hope they think so.
Leafs get a high scoring LW for Matthews and get rid of a bunch of baggage.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Nylander for Teravainen.

Canes have already had interest and get the 2nd line center they want. Arguably player with higher upside? At least I hope they think so.
Leafs get a high scoring LW for Matthews and get rid of a bunch of baggage.
Leafs pass, TT wasn't anywhere close to what Nylander has done at 22. No sense selling low on WN. He'll play all of next year back with Matthews most likely. I wouldn't be shocked to see him put up 70-80 points next year.

Mildan

Jan 7, 2019
Does Nylander really have trade value still considering he is overpaid compared to his production this season? I personally can't see any teams that hope to be contending being able to give up 6,9 mil in their cap. Personally I'm against any of the teams I'm supporting taking him even for future considerations.

Yakupov64

Dec 25, 2017
TML need to free up space for Marner.

I’m sure Leafs brass aren’t thrilled about waiting half a season for Nylander to underachieve for the last half.

Just spitballing:

Nylander

for

Virtanen (15 goals)
Stecher (23 points, +9)
2019 3rd (90th)

Might have some legs? Leafs will need the cap space badly, keep in mind.

If you end up getting nylander, you should definitely call buffalo about Alex nylander as well and give yourself a Sedin 2.0 situation

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Not sure why anyone would be motivated to help the Leafs out with Nylander unless you were getting him for a bargain. If he struggles again next year his value is pretty much zero on that contract, and if he rebounds they'll probably still have to trade him. You might be paying a higher premium if he bounces back, but at least you know he's not a total waste of money.

There's certainly no team paying perceived "full value" for him in assets after such a crappy year.

Reactions: sting101

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad