Post-Game Talk: William Nylander Leads Leafs to Victory!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Good, fun game. Also, Bogosian sucks so much.

Bogosian has turned into a goon, and especially a rookie chasing one. Terrible display of coaching by Dan bylsma he seemed to be leaving bogosian out on the ice to goon it up for most of the 3rd resulting in most of the goals.

Buffalo as a whole turned a great situation into a bad one. From intentionally tanking last year (and seemingly this now), to acquiring Kane and o'rielly and giving up major assets for them too. O'rielly gets to bring his brother to play, Kane is being Kane and was invisible tonigh (incredible sideshow), and bogosian (once a phenomenal talent) is out skating around like he's Matt Carkner.

Guaranteed if babs had bogosian he'd be explicitly telling him to focus on defense, the he'd likely have helped bring out his offensive ability, before letting be a goon.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Sosh needs to learn from Kadri and pick his spots. He's going to go the way of mike richards if he keeps this up

Mike Richards was built for it more than sosh, and he didn't run him mouth like sosh does either. Sosh looks for trouble, which I don't like... He's going to be a target of physicality and be worn down quickly if he isn't careful. It's strange, I like his hitting, but feel like he doesnt need to play like Steve Webb out there. He almost seems to run around sometimes... His strengths is his ability to drive the net with the puck and he has great speed and a heckuva shot. If he's going to hit like he does, he at least needs to be like uncle Leo and just skate away from the trash talking and refuse the lip service.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
he didn't expand but Selleck was like Maybe like a Milan Luicic (a skilled player who can fight)

This team could really use that type of player, but they are very difficult to come by. I would settle for a solid bottom 6 forward or bottom pairing defenseman that could be a role player and our enforcer when necessary.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Bogosian has turned into a goon, and especially a rookie chasing one. Terrible display of coaching by Dan bylsma he seemed to be leaving bogosian out on the ice to goon it up for most of the 3rd resulting in most of the goals.

Buffalo as a whole turned a great situation into a bad one. From intentionally tanking last year (and seemingly this now), to acquiring Kane and o'rielly and giving up major assets for them too. O'rielly gets to bring his brother to play, Kane is being Kane and was invisible tonigh (incredible sideshow), and bogosian (once a phenomenal talent) is out skating around like he's Matt Carkner.

Guaranteed if babs had bogosian he'd be explicitly telling him to focus on defense, the he'd likely have helped bring out his offensive ability, before letting be a goon.

Bylsma is too nice of a guy to coach this team of misfits. Makes me laugh when some TSN guys suggest Stamkos would look to Buffalo. He would want no part of the team of idiots & problem children that Murray has put together.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Once I found out that Bylsma was like myself a life long die hard Detroit Lions fan I knew no amount of losing could faze him. He's there for the long term

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Bylsma is too nice of a guy to coach this team of misfits. Makes me laugh when some TSN guys suggest Stamkos would look to Buffalo. He would want no part of the team of idiots & problem children that Murray has put together.

Reminds me of what Burke tried to do here... Kessel, lupul and phaneuf. They got Kane, o'rielly, bogosian.

Different players, personalities.. Obviously... But still young players they became available because of their various baggage that they carry with them.

Difference is they got eichel, and Burke traded away the seguin pick.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
It was actually a really fun game.

People cementing themselves for jobs for next year.
The Goat was pretty good, like to see him win more FOs, and splitting the D.
Jake as always was awesome
It really did seem like Buffalo played right into our hands.
Good also to hear Gionta of how he tracked the progress of Reinhart from last year to this.
Confidence from Carrick and Marincin
Valiev had a rough game, but not mentioning him is a good thing
Brown still adjusting to the NHL timing.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Quality coaching!
And some really incredibly lazy players, I don't miss that godawful Leafs cycle the puck PP around the boards for a minute until they gave the other team a 2 on 1 shorthanded one bit. Once Phaneuf went to Ottawa our PP started to finally resemble an NHL one. The goal scoring might not be there yet but you can see an actual structure.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
That Babcock comment is great to hear... would hate to have to put up with years and years of guys taking liberties on our skilled players. I still would've liked to see Jamie Devane on this team as a guy we could spot in for games like this. He showed he can keep up playing with a bunch of these guys last season on the Marlies. Not a guy you really have to worry about playing regularly to develop either because he is what he is. Nice to see they'll address it in the offseason though as our team is going to be permanently young starting next season.

Also have to say that Marincin seems to be really improving so good for him. Awesome snipe tonight

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
When the Leafs and Sabres play next time on March 31st the game will be played in Buffalo. So is anyone excepting the same result like tonight or will Toronto continue the trend of always losing there?

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
When the Leafs and Sabres play next time on March 31st the game will be played in Buffalo. So is anyone excepting the same result like tonight or will Toronto continue the trend of always losing there?
Losing there would be a good thing. So in true Leafs tradition bet the farm on a rare Leafs win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad