Post-Game Talk: William Nylander Leads Leafs to Victory AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
lol they're still in last.

And the canucks/jets are guaranteed points tomorrow!
There's a good chance the Jets lose. That team, much like Edmonton, are a dysfunctional mess. I am actually not sure if anything good will come out of these teams tanking strategy.

We, on the other hand, play a detailed game despite having less talent. Now with our skilled prospects up, we're exploiting our already solid possession game.

or nylander/chychrun whoever.

I like dubois, but I don't have him as a laine level prospect.

Picking first in each round is a better perk than pick 4 honestly. Not much changes.
I wouldn't even care. If our prospects start producing at PPG and that takes us to second or third last, so be it.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Perhaps. I'm higher on Marner(think he can pot 100 in his prime). But Nylander is doing amazing and has proven to be able to play in the nhl in his short yet impressive stint. I would just love though that these two don't end up being our best players in the future and either Matthews, or Laine come and form the best trio in the league.

That would really be ideal. Mannnn, thinking about Nylander, Marner, Stamkos, Rielly, Gardiner and Matthews/Laine as our group of the future gets me so fired up

You also said Gauthier will be our 2nd line centre and Reimer is an elite goalie

I don't know if the guy who thought Bernier was an elite goalie and that Kadri/Gardiner were trash should be throwing stones in his glass house

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
man do you guys not see the self evidence of this hyperbolic crap that is constantly plaguing this forum?

like ****, after 3 games nylander was a bust and now people are saying that "nylander will be better then mats sundin" or "matthews is similar to kopitar"

what is so hard about being excited for now and not dropping these mind numbingly pointless exaggerations

Why do Leafs fans have to be realistic? It's like when the hockey world calls Shayne Gostisbehere the next Brian Leetch and people act like that's normal and realistic.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Conflict coming, Sweden may want Nylander to play at the World Championship WC.
I thought it was confirmed he would be playing for the Marlies during the AHL playoffs, because the Leafs made sure he would be eligible when he was called up. Now if the Marlies get eliminated early I can see him playing for Sweden, however I highly doubt Sweden will be able to ask for him once the NHL season is over. Besides the last time Toronto loaned him to Sweden for the World Juniors he suffered a concussion.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
We play very well against the Ducks, somehow manage to pull an OT point out against the Bruins and beat the Lightning the last time we played them.

We also matched the Panthers pretty well, and lost off a couple fluke own goals.

And historically, we've done pretty decently against the Bruins.

None of the upcoming games are auto-losses. That said, they're 4 playoffs teams playing to clinch, and we're going to lose more than we win.

I'd expect 3 or 4 points. 1-2-1 or 1-1-2.

Leafling

Oct 24, 2015
Nylander has definite top line potential, he needs guys like Hyman or shosh though, it allows him to get more open ice and work his magic

On the other hand I am still amazed how grabner is still playing top line min, think brown or leivo would have been awesome there, maybe it's babcocks effort towards tanking

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Nylander has definite top line potential, he needs guys like Hyman or shosh though, it allows him to get more open ice and work his magic

On the other hand I am still amazed how grabner is still playing top line min, think brown or leivo would have been awesome there, maybe it's babcocks effort towards tanking

Now Nylander and Soshnikov is a line I think could be very, very interesting to see

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
Willy is getting us to where Alex is guaranteed to be drafted...

And other than Laine, Alex is my preference :)

FriendlyGiant

Jul 28, 2006
Connor Brown disappointing?

With all the excitement of the kids (Hyman, Nylander, Carrick, Shoshnikov, and now Gauthier and Valiev), one prospect who does not seem to be leaving much of an impression for me is Connor Brown. He made a good play to contribute to one goal, but he doesn't seem to be making an impact in the games he has played so far. I'm wondering if his skating is the problem.

Is it just me? I'd be curious about everyone else's perspective. I know he's just starting out in the NHL, but if he doesn't start to improve, then I wonder if he will ever live up to the hype (top 6 potential) that we had been hearing before.

Thoughts?

TheOneArmedMan

Jan 17, 2011

Grabner reminds me of the Jason Blake era.... They tried to bring over a 25+ goal scorer and he ended up being a flunk, good thing though he is cheap.

It's nice to see all the kids doing well Nylander, Hyman, Leivo, Greening. I have a feeling next season will be different if they continue this and possibly add Stamoks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00