Tribute William Nylander Discussion Thread: Ya Gotta Be Blessed Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
For Nylander to go out and get work in on a day off after he had a tough game is an encouraging sign.

Contrary to seemingly popular belief, every player is going to have good/average/poor games.

Mark Buerhle said it best. A starting pitcher will have 30+ starts. 10 will be good, 10 will be average, 10 will be poor.

How you compete when things are not going your way, or you don't have your A game, the ability to shake off a lousy performance and work off a good one makes an athlete a pro.

Nylander going out today is a step in the rivht direction. Time for others to follow suit.

Mar 14, 2015
First came the equipment, then came an unforgettable day. Zach Hyman, Frédérik Gauthier and William Nylander teamed up to surprise some deserving Toronto Police Service Hockey Program participants through NHLPA Goals & Dreams.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Nylander's current goal total has him in some elite company. One more hot streak to end the season and he might have more goals than Stamkos, Kane, McDavid, Panarin etc.

Obviously all those names have massive goal streak potential as well so it's a long shot but still nice to see.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
the way he is going i wouldn't doubt if he doubles 35 and ends up with a half and half for at least 70 points... every time i look at his stats this year it has constantly been doubleing his numbers he nows sitting at a cool 28 goals and 28 assists

coupe93

Dec 15, 2009
I've been tickled pink with Nylanders play this year. I just can't believe the difference. Most of his goals this year has been in the tough areas, and he's fighting for the puck hard and winning board battles. My personal list of essential playoff type players has grown by one more.
Very impressed!

Reactions: unitedstars87

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

I'll never understand the preconceived notion that Nylander is "soft" , he never wins battles, he's weak etc. He's been doing this throughout his career, except he's just taken it to another level this year. Sure he can get lazy at times, but you can see the majority of NHL players do that throughout an 82 game season. He's been dialed in all season long.

Last edited:

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Should be apparent for you how much talent William actually got. Just need to play like this more regulary.

Papa Cherry

Nov 20, 2011
Nylander and Matthews are both untouchable when they have the puck. Blessed to have them both.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

I'll never understand the preconceived notion that Nylander is "soft" , he never wins battles, he's weak etc. He's been doing this throughout his career, except he's just taken it to another level this year. Sure he can get lazy at times, but you can see the majority of NHL players do that throughout an 82 game season. He's been dialed in all season long.

The bolded is where the notion comes from. He's definitely more engaged this season which is all that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad