Player Discussion William Lagesson

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Yeah, if Lags keeps it up he'll be protected and Jones will be exposed so you have nothing to worry about.

Can we leave the moaning about the picks to the 'Fire Holland' thread?

Fans whining about draft picks are dealing with 1/2 a deck . The other 1/2 is we are in a pandemic. I am sure if the cap went up as expect AA would’ve been re-signed . I guess then we would’ve of heard fire Holland he should’ve let AA walk it was obvious he didn’t fit .

Reactions: TB12 and Oilhawks

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Fans whining about draft picks are dealing with 1/2 a deck . The other 1/2 is we are in a pandemic. I am sure if the cap went up as expect AA would’ve been re-signed . I guess then we would’ve of heard fire Holland he should’ve let AA walk it was obvious he didn’t fit .
Glad we didnt sign him. Dont miss him a bit. Eish him well, but I dont think he could privide anything here.

High risk high reward that went nowhere

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I'm glad they didn't sign him, and I wouldn't have done it even if the cap went up 10 %. I just wish we wouldn't have taken the chance on him in the first place. We bought low, and still paid a pretty high price.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I'm glad they didn't sign him, and I wouldn't have done it even if the cap went up 10 %. I just wish we wouldn't have taken the chance on him in the first place. We bought low, and still paid a pretty high price.

He's looking pretty decent with the Kings though. Not a big fan of the player but I think he could have worked out here alright too. Prefer who they have instead of him though by far.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
I know people would cry about how it would ‘slow the game down’ but if the league was actually serious about player safety (it isn’t), they would automatically review every play that lead to an injury.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Last night was pretty bad. Giving the puck away in his own zone that Allowed Habs a 3 on 1 was a low point. I kind of think he was punch drunk after the fight with Anderson. I mean he's got balls for taking that on, and he can be physical, but NHL game starting to take a toll on him. He was bad last night like most of his team mates.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Could use a game or two in the press box to reset. It’s too bad they don’t have a taxi squad with more than suitable candidates to easily pull someone in from :dunno:

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Has he executed a clean pass since coming back? He seems to be worse than Russell at moving the puck now, always off the glass or a high lob out of the zone giving up the puck.

Reactions: McCombo

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Been good since his comeback?

Nope. A few moments, I'd say 1-2 good games and the rest are lowkey not helpful.

I think I prefer Kris Russell at this point. As much as Lagesson can do some good for you in your own zone, he seems to not be able to leave it. Can't move the puck. On a streak of being on the ice for goals against at 5v5 and that's his whole point (to prevent).

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I would shuffle up the D-lines for next game:

Nurse - Bear
Bouchard - Larsson
Russell - Barrie

JayE

Sep 24, 2016
He's run into a bit of a wall, which happens with young, inexperienced defensemen. Considering there are several other guys waiting in the wings, he should sit for a few.

Reactions: InTheBox

space321

May 11, 2011
Nope. A few moments, I'd say 1-2 good games and the rest are lowkey not helpful.

I think I prefer Kris Russell at this point. As much as Lagesson can do some good for you in your own zone, he seems to not be able to leave it. Can't move the puck. On a streak of being on the ice for goals against at 5v5 and that's his whole point (to prevent).

I don't think I've ever seen KRussell leave his own zone. He could have a guy wide open for a breakout pass and still choose to lob it down the ice and give up possession. KRussell is BAD.

McCombo

Nov 16, 2013
Jones should easily be in the line-up over Lagesson (and Russell).

I would still go 7D

Nurse - Bear (works better than Nurse-Barrie)
Jones - Barrie (a lot offensive zone starts)
Lagesson/Russell-Larsson
Bouchard

Depending on situation you change Bouchard and Larsson.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I was a big Lagesson supporter when he was a younger prospect, however hes been pretty bad in the NHL. He was solid for a few games early on, but drowning in pretty easy minutes post injury.

Not that I would write him off, as it's only a small sample. But he should be in the pressbox, or ideally AHL (not allowed , but would be best case).

His season is very hard to judge, because he was on a PDO bender to start the year and I think got a ton of hype for his play. But for his play now, how much does the injury play into his recent struggles?

I would say I think he can be a solid bottom pairing or #7 D going forward but his recent play is showing that might be his upside (which is not a slight, thats a win for a later round pick)

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
Huge fan of his style, but he's been going through some growing pains.

I know that I'll get roasted for this, but I would try

Nurse-Bear
Barrie-Larsson
Niemelainen-Bouchard

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Huge fan of his style, but he's been going through some growing pains.

I know that I'll get roasted for this, but I would try

Nurse-Bear
Barrie-Larsson
Niemelainen-Bouchard
I'm not gonna roast you but I don't think Niemelainen should be anywhere near the NHL.

Reactions: ImmuneEH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad