Player Discussion William Lagesson

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
What are your thoughts about this kid?

6'2/198
21 years old
Leftie
Will play in Djurgarden (SHL) this season I believe.

I have always like him and still think he will have a solid NHL career. If I have to compare him to a player style wise, I'd probably choose Mattias Norstrom or Mark Methot. Nothing fancy, but a defence first work-horse with good positioning, underated hockey IQ along with a decent amount of toughness.

Or perhaps a poor man's Adam Larsson.

What do you guys think, does he have a future in the NHL? ☺️

jebs

Mar 4, 2011
He's underrated on this forum for sure. Looks to be one of the Oilers better D prospects. Will never score points, but could end up being a pretty dependable defensive dman.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
He's underrated on this forum for sure. Looks to be one of the Oilers better D prospects. Will never score points, but could end up being a pretty dependable defensive dman.

which would be preferable for a bottom pairing guy really, since the bottom pairing is usually trying to be low-event

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Super underrated as a prospect no doubt. Our D prospect pool is insane.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
He is so solid. I also use the Larsson comp for him.

I wish we had more room in Bakersfield for him, but the SEL isn't the end of the world I just wish he was learning the pro game on NA ice.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
He is so solid. I also use the Larsson comp for him.

I wish we had more room in Bakersfield for him, but the SEL isn't the end of the world I just wish he was learning the pro game on NA ice.

I believe I read somewhere he will be working on his puck skills and skating over there, and hopefully come back a finished product.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
I believe I read somewhere he will be working on his puck skills and skating over there, and hopefully come back a finished product.

Yeah, those things seem to be his biggest weaknesses, so I hope he does. SHL is probably the best place for that. Big rink = lots of skating. Not the highest pace, more skill-based = time and space to carry/handle the puck a bit more.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
i don't believe there actually is a BPA by the 4th round of any draft, i think teams take what they need by that point but it seemed clear that Legasson was indeed the BPA when it was time for the Oilers to pick and, despite not needing another LD, they took him and it could pay off in spades in another few years or so.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
What are your thoughts about this kid?

6'2/198
21 years old
Leftie
Will play in Djurgarden (SHL) this season I believe.

I have always like him and still think he will have a solid NHL career. If I have to compare him to a player style wise, I'd probably choose Mattias Norstrom or Mark Methot. Nothing fancy, but a defence first work-horse with good positioning, underated hockey IQ along with a decent amount of toughness.

Or perhaps a poor man's Adam Larsson.

What do you guys think, does he have a future in the NHL? ☺ï¸Â

Usually I love my Swedes--but after seeing this guy play I have concerns about his skating at the NHL level and his ability to work in his own zone effectively

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
He solid and underrated. Upside of a #5/6 max and I would probably bet he wont make the NHL (because most prospects dont). Only depth pick I like from 2014 draft

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
He solid and underrated. Upside of a #5/6 max and I would probably bet he wont make the NHL (because most prospects dont). Only depth pick I like from 2014 draft

Maybe a case of mainly seen him good but I would bet, ever so slightly, he will make the NHL eventually. Might take him awhile and might be another team but I think he will have a NHL career even if it is short and unspectacular.

I am also partial to gritty stay at home types...

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Maybe a case of mainly seen him good but I would bet, ever so slightly, he will make the NHL eventually. Might take him awhile and might be another team but I think he will have a NHL career even if it is short and unspectacular.

I am also partial to gritty stay at home types...

Theres a spot in every line up for them, but in even in junior these guys have to be able to show good puck moving ability. Very few stay at home D in NHL today werent good/great puck movers in junior/ncaa. Hell even Larsson was a pretty highly touted offensive D

From what ive seen from Lagesson, hes a solid puck mover who does have legit skills. He can skate and hes a tough sob who can shut players down. Just dont know if I see that "it" factor with him. I see more of a better skating. more physical Dillon Simpson

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013

Look at those golden Swedish locks Billy Lags is sportin'. If we snag Boquist at #10 at the draft we could potentially see an all Swedish 1st and 3rd pair D in a year or two. Hopefully he adjusts to the North American game this year in Bako.

Klefbom Larsson
Nurse ?
Laggesson Boquist

Looks good for 2020.

Reactions: HailMcJesus

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Video was removed for "inappropriate content - spam". Appealed it... should be back soon. This has only happened one other time. Last year my Caleb Jones Season Highlights was removed for "inappropriate content - disturbing content". Haha. YouTube has some flaws in the community guidelines algorithm...

I run a travel channel and I got a strike last week--everything on my channel I shot. Another vlogger laid claim to stuff that I had shot. Youtube needs to get better control of people laying claiming to stuff

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I run a travel channel and I got a strike last week--everything on my channel I shot. Another vlogger laid claim to stuff that I had shot. Youtube needs to get better control of people laying claiming to stuff

Come on, you got to admit it's funny that you are the one complaining about other people claiming things that aren't true. :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad