Player Discussion William Lagesson

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Play Lagesson 20 minutes in the top 4 and see how that works out. Keith brings more to the table than his on ice contributions.
I don't think anyone is saying Lagesson is atop 4 dman or should be playing top 4 minutes. He is what he is, at this point, a pretty decent bottom pairing guy that is playing within his limits and quite simply, getting the job done right now. I don't think anyone can deny that the last 1/2 dozen games or so, the team has really cleaned up their own end. Keith now has ample opportunity to provide his on ice contributions. Oilers seem to have enough puck movers at this point, in Barrie, Nurse, Broberg and Bouchard. What they need a bit more of is some bangers and cycle busters, like Nemo and Ceci.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Interestingly enough, in a 7-3 beatdown, Laggesson was the Oilers best dman and went Plus 2.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
is he physical? he never striked me as a physcial player. dont hit, not physical with his stick, dont push anyone. he reminds me of niklas hjalmarsson

JayE

Sep 24, 2016
is he physical? he never striked me as a physcial player. dont hit, not physical with his stick, dont push anyone. he reminds me of niklas hjalmarsson

Not massively physical, but effective enough at breaking the cycle.

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
I don't think anyone is saying Lagesson is atop 4 dman or should be playing top 4 minutes. He is what he is, at this point, a pretty decent bottom pairing guy that is playing within his limits and quite simply, getting the job done right now. I don't think anyone can deny that the last 1/2 dozen games or so, the team has really cleaned up their own end. Keith now has ample opportunity to provide his on ice contributions. Oilers seem to have enough puck movers at this point, in Barrie, Nurse, Broberg and Bouchard. What they need a bit more of is some bangers and cycle busters, like Nemo and Ceci.

Another Ceci would be huge in replacing Barrie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad