Will you Boo Tavares at his first game back.

Will you Boo John Tavares when he returns?

• Total voters

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Stan really did well in the interview and writing. Weird he would have the best take.

Yes he did. Good to see someone asked Tavares the tough questions, and not the soft ball Toronto home media ones of John sleeping in Maple Leafs sheets. I found this laughable when I saw the Tweet by Tavares.

It sure painted a different Tavares to me. Not as team orientated as one believed, and more as a me orientated player who is self absorbed.

I say this to Isles fans, you are probably better off with a Captain that want to stick it out with your teammates through thick and thin, and not one that bails on your team and teammates at the first chance of UFA status. In the end, you want a better Captain than JT. You want a Dennis Potvin or a leader like Clark Gillies. Guys that were career Islanders during their peaks.

IslandersFan

Mar 3, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
Yesterday did nothing to ease my strong dislike for most things Canadian. Still, I voted not to boo for a number of reasons:
1) He followed the rules. You could debate that he mislead the Isles, however, it’s a business and he simply took advantage of the organizational incompetency that has drove most of us crazy for years.
[mod]
3) Growing up as an Isles fan, if I we’re ever in a position to play for the Islanders over any other team, I don’t know if I could turn down that opportunity either. A lot has been made over his taking less money. Thank NY politicians for the stadium mess, and the high taxes that minimizes the pay hit he actually took.
I have no intention on embracing him on his return but won’t boo him either. I hope his skills go to shit and his contract becomes a 7 yr albatross on the leafs organization, but I don’t want to give him the satisfaction of knowing how much he demoralized me yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
BOOOO!?!?!

Not only will I boo. I am buying two tickets right behind the Leafs glass and I'm cursing the shit out of him the entire game. I'll throw his signed jersey on the ice as well.

This all could have been avoided. I said it all year long. He would have been an idiot to stay. No reason too. Everyone is pissed because he was dishonest (which he claims was the truth at the time). If he would have just told ownership he was leaving, we all would have been OK and actually supportive. Most of us would wish he would take us with him.

But he f***ed up this whole ordeal. Leaving the Isles holding their ***** at the 11th hour. JT even mentioned yesterday that at the draft he was "close" to re-signing and that's when Staple and Gross came out with the "looks good" for JT.

f*** HIM.

Reactions: The Lighthouse

Surfrat

Feb 16, 2013
NJ
My 15 year old cried tears.....tears.
Asked me to burn his 2 jerseys, One he wore to school (and got greif for from Ranger fans) and one framed- autographed off his wall Saturday night.I put him off a few times but relented yesterdy when he got in front of me and said "Dad, Please...I want to be done with this guy" Heart Broken for him. Make my son Cry? The Maloik (evil eye) has been issued.
Damn that hurts.

bioman22

Jun 29, 2009
Tossing a rubber snake on the ice. F-in traitor. All fans should stand and turn backs on him.

Still not 100% of blame. Owners, plus the GM Snow are part of blame. Kinda 1/3 each. But fact remains JT is scum now. Snow and Owners cost us assets.

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Can't wait for him to face the Toronto media that does not have a puppet beat reporter like we do....
No more Candy-Assing it Johnny!
YOU GOT WHAT YOU WISHED FOR!
You should have been careful what you chose!

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
Oh and Giroux is better than Tavares

giphy.gif

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
I’ll boo him louder than when Bettman has the microphone.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Can't wait for him to face the Toronto media that does not have a puppet beat reporter like we do....
No more Candy-Assing it Johnny!
YOU GOT WHAT YOU WISHED FOR!
You should have been careful what you chose!

Y0u mean he won't get away with saying "the puck had eyes"

Reactions: MarsTBOW

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
How about a Poll on "Which Islander Cleans His Clock This Season?"

The "in" clique of the Islanders who tend to eat a diner near my office near the practice facility are Lee, Nelson, Mayfield, Leddy and Hickey, these guys do everything together, but they are nice guys so they are not on the list.

My guess is just Ross the Boss, but he is getting buried by all the Scrabble that is being added... but Trotz likes a-hole players and Ross was made on Wilson assembly line

Reactions: MarsTBOW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad