Will you Boo Tavares at his first game back.

Will you Boo John Tavares when he returns?

• Total voters

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
Whomever said they will stand and cheer his tribute needs their head examined.

My 6 year old packed his 3 Tavares jerseys to donate. His $170 CCM RBZ RH Tavares white stick (Beautiful stick by the way) is no longer his stick of choice. This is not from me. This is a kid that legit had his heart ripped out. He didn't even know Tavares was a FA until yesterday and his first response was that he is a Maple Leaf fan now. (That has been rectified)

The fact that this guy acted this classless...not by leaving which he had ever right too...but also by basically handcuffing the team he was leaving for his ego and because he didnt have the balls to say his real thoughts is ridiculous

Jim Pritsiolas

Jun 30, 2018
I’m going to buy a monkey just so it can fling **** at him
Boo him??

Heck when he is announced we should all turn our backs to the ice.

Every time he touches the puck we can boooooo.....we can even hisssssss (snake like)....... Or we can chant "Captain Coward" just like we used to chant "1940". Heck I'm no longer gonna chant Rangers Suck. Captian Coward comes out just as easy and it ACTUALLY is heart felt.

We can toss the rubber rats on to the ice like they used to do in Florida albeit for a different reason. Benedict Tavares, John Turncoat, you can go on.

And don't fall into the trap of blaming Snow, the team, the arena etc.... He specially asked NOT to be moved during the season because he "loved it here". So we have a great draft, we get Trotz, we get Lou Lamerillo, we get a new facility in 3 years and NOW he bags us? We haven't won a cup in over 30 years. The Leafs haven't won in over 50 years. Now hopefully, they got the Goat Curse from the Cubbies.

He has every right to do what he did. In my opinion he did a pretty low down thing....but he had every right to do it. Just as WE have every right to come here and be vocal about someone that screwed the franchise.

I read a line from an Arthur Staple column today where Staple told one of the current players that fans were burning his jersey. The player said.... "I can't blame them". Enough said.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Hopefully he gets the loudest boos in the history of sports. And if they show a video to him of his time during being an Islander, I hope the fans boo all throughout the video. Though I doubt it’ll happen, most Isle’s fans who go to the games are very passive, so they won’t boo so it’s a moot point.

Reactions: Costigan77

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Whomever said they will stand and cheer his tribute needs their head examined.

My 6 year old packed his 3 Tavares jerseys to donate. His $170 CCM RBZ RH Tavares white stick (Beautiful stick by the way) is no longer his stick of choice. This is not from me. This is a kid that legit had his heart ripped out. He didn't even know Tavares was a FA until yesterday and his first response was that he is a Maple Leaf fan now. (That has been rectified)

The fact that this guy acted this classless...not by leaving which he had ever right too...but also by basically handcuffing the team he was leaving for his ego and because he didnt have the balls to say his real thoughts is ridiculous

Look who responded that way, Leaf fans !! And there will be many there, I'm hoping they will be the minority but with as bad as the team could be, I'm hoping our base doesn't decide to sell their tickets and have them scooped up by them

Reactions: Eberzal

scott99

May 13, 2005
Why not blame both NYI management and Tavares?
Some people are just not getting it. He was dishonest and manipulative to NYI management and the media and the fans. How many times did you hear him say “This is where I want to be” ? Or “I hope to be here my whole career” ? He asked management not to trade him at the deadline, hurting the team bad both short term and long term. Look at what the Rangers got for Rick Nash (a rental), and imagine what the Isles could’ve gotten for Tavares at the deadline.

That’s why it’s on Tavares, that’s why fans are angry. IF he would’ve just had been honest, he could’ve put the team in a good spot. He f***ed them over royally.

Reactions: islesfan3913

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Some people are just not getting it. He was dishonest and manipulative to NYI management and the media and the fans. How many times did you hear him say “This is where I want to be” ? Or “I hope to be here my whole career” ? He asked management not to trade him at the deadline, hurting the team bad both short term and long term. Look at what the Rangers got for Rick Nash (a rental), and imagine what the Isles could’ve gotten for Tavares at the deadline.

I get the argument. I just don't think you have to not trade him because JT is like don't trade me, bro. Snow had to keep him because he had no credibility - everyone would trust JT over Snow.

If NYI had brought in a competent and respected personnel person a year ago when they talked about it, this could have been avoided. I don't see why this is controversial. You can blame a bad result on multiple factors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad