Will you attend a Wild game this year?

651*

We aren't dumb cattle. Do we get paid millions of dollars to work? Do we get to stay in 4 star hotels on every roadtrip? Do we get to fly first class or have a private jet for every time we travel? Do we get to buy Jaguars with the loose change that we find in our couch cushions?

If you answered yes to these questions, give me your number. ;)

But I'm guessing the answer is no. According to Scottie Upshall, the NHL continued to treat the players like cattle. If that is what it's like to be a cow, then we sure as heck aren't it.

:sarcasm:

We're the ones paying their salaries. I'd be more likely to call us - all sports fans for that matter - the dumb cattle.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
I have no problem calling the people that blindly go back cattle. I just hate seeing people say: 'Hockey is back!!! YAY!!! OMGOMGOMG' Hockey never left. Don't put the NHL in the same boat as hockey. If people go back and don't hang back their spending on the NHL even a little bit, I'm disappointed in those people. don't go to games. Go the bars and restaurants close to the arena and watch the game.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I have no problem calling the people that blindly go back cattle. I just hate seeing people say: 'Hockey is back!!! YAY!!! OMGOMGOMG' Hockey never left. Don't put the NHL in the same boat as hockey. If people go back and don't hang back their spending on the NHL even a little bit, I'm disappointed in those people. don't go to games. Go the bars and restaurants close to the arena and watch the game.
Like I said, I'll skip the first 10 games if you want to send me a check for $860. People need to remember that a lot of people in those seats early on are going to be season ticket holders who don't want to let hundreds of dollars (on already paid tickets) go to waste. It's too much dough. We aren't talking about $50 here. If I sat home in protest letting that kind of cash go, well.....it'd be flat out irresponsible.

Concessions will be free and the $5 parking goes to a different company. So the tickets are the only thing that is helping the Wild, and they were paid for last spring.

Nothingman*

If the Hawks are here on a weekend I will. Otherwise...no.

Center Ice has to be $50 or less for me to purchase this year. Half price is BS for the crap they put the fans through. I cannot believe it would be free.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Like I said, I'll skip the first 10 games if you want to send me a check for $860. People need to remember that a lot of people in those seats early on are going to be season ticket holders who don't want to let hundreds of dollars (on already paid tickets) go to waste. It's too much dough. We aren't talking about $50 here. If I sat home in protest letting that kind of cash go, well.....it'd be flat out irresponsible.

Concessions will be free and the $5 parking goes to a different company. So the tickets are the only thing that is helping the Wild, and they were paid for last spring.

I apologize if you felt I was singling you out. I wasn't. You already paid for your tickets. Not to mention the 10% interest they had out to keep your tickets. I'm talking casual fans that go to events just to go to events. You know those people talking in the row behind you about that party they went to last week and the kind of drink they had at the bar before the game. That population is higher than actual hockey enthusiasts, whether we like to see that or not. I remember watching the news a couple years back and they showed a player, I think it was Bouchard or someone, deliver their season tickets. They didn't even know who it was. Yet their house was full of memorabilia and they had framed jerseys on the wall. Those are the people that I hate. They support everything that is wrong with the world.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I apologize if you felt I was singling you out. I wasn't. You already paid for your tickets. Not to mention the 10% interest they had out to keep your tickets. I'm talking casual fans that go to events just to go to events. You know those people talking in the row behind you about that party they went to last week and the kind of drink they had at the bar before the game. That population is higher than actual hockey enthusiasts, whether we like to see that or not. I remember watching the news a couple years back and they showed a player, I think it was Bouchard or someone, deliver their season tickets. They didn't even know who it was. Yet their house was full of memorabilia and they had framed jerseys on the wall. Those are the people that I hate. They support everything that is wrong with the world.
Oh I know you weren't singling me out. Sorry. I guess my approach may have been a bit too aggressive. I was just responding as a fan in general. It's all good. :yo:

Jul 10, 2012
Grand Forks, ND
Yes, I will go to games if I can. The frustrating part is, yes, I could play my part in boycotting games and merch to help sock it to the owners and players, not that I buy a whole lot of either due to other priorities in my life. That being said, I contribute so little to my teams that it doesn't make much sense for me to even really boycott anything. Even if it's the principle of the matter, I still want to watch the best hockey on the planet. I love AHL, WCHA, CHL, and USHL (FARGO FORCE W00T) hockey, but in some ways I'm no different than the players that piss and moan about "I'm gonna go play in Russia, it's good hockey and money, yadda yadda yadda." At the end of the day, I'm gonna come right back to the NHL, whether or not I like the boys ru(i)nning the game. Why? Because it's the best f***ing hockey on earth, and there's no other sport like it. I think they owe it to the "little" people who actually took a hit in the wallet during the CBA bulls***. I'm no worse for wear, just annoyed. If I spent more money on the game, I might feel like I have more clout. I can't afford NHLCI or GameCenter Live, and until they offer individual game packages or 10-game bundles, I'll just find ways to stream the games online for free. Comcast f***s you over with their cable options so you can either get a package with FSN North and no NBC sports networks, or vice versa, unless you want to pay out the wazoo for the premium package. My point is, I will watch the games because of the quality of the game, and I spend so little money on it anyway that it doesn't make much sense for me boycott it. I do hope that the NHL feels the pinch in other ways and other markets, and it will be interesting to see what sort of reaction will ensue during the season.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
No doubt. And its absolutely asinine that DirectTV lets you order FSN in a certain area even though they KNOW where you live and black out EVERY single game. Either don't let us order or give us what we want.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad