Will you attend a Wild game this year?

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I have season tickets for a reason. This pissed me off, but not enough to boycot the team and organization.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Don't think so ;).

But I think that I must buy GameCenter. It's the only rational way to see Wild games here as much as possible.

It sucks to wake up in the middle of the night to see there are no streams at all / are so crappy ones that it's painful to watch.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
I'm thinking no now, but I live about 10 minutes from the X so we'll see how long I can hold off, definitely not buying merchandise this year though.

Iowa Wild Fan

Jun 22, 2012
Iowa
As far as attending a game I'm putting that at a maybe. Not because of anger over this but for financial reasons. Living 3 hours away makes going to games tough. Getting CI is a maybe also because of financial reasons,but less of one. I've always thought if you're a hardcore fan and chose to boycott JUST on the lockout it was similar to taking your ball and going home. Why take away from yourself something you enjoy.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Don't think so ;).

But I think that I must buy GameCenter. It's the only rational way to see Wild games here as much as possible.

It sucks to wake up in the middle of the night to see there are no streams at all / are so crappy ones that it's painful to watch.

Yeah, GameCenter is the only reasonable way to watch NHL here in Finland. I'm still up though if someone had the motivation to organize a trip to a home game.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Yeah, GameCenter is the only reasonable way to watch NHL here in Finland. I'm still up though if someone had the motivation to organize a trip to a home game.

Probably not this season. That being said, I'm up if I manage to suddenly find myself in a pool of money.

I should buy gamecenter this season as well.

Billy Mays Here*

I'll be there opening night and maybe a few other games as well. Not gonna miss the ovations they give each player when the 2013 starting roster is announced. Gonna get damn loud when they announce Parise's name, possibly Granlund's too, and of course the usuals, Koivu, Clutter, etc.

651*

I'll be there opening night and maybe a few other games as well. Not gonna miss the ovations they give each player when the 2013 starting roster is announced. Gonna get damn loud when they announce Parise's name, possibly Granlund's too, and of course the usuals, Koivu, Clutter, etc.

You honestly think they're going to get standing ovations?

Well let's see how far their attendance plummets first.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
alright, see you in 32 games or so.

i'll be watching hockey. feel very sorry for the employees, ticket reps, guest services, etc because the sense of entitlement is going to be out of this world ridiculous and misdirected. These people are going to get whined and *****ed at for something that they had no control over and were actually hurt over more than anyone in this fracas. Think about that, you troglodyte halfwit, when you're sneering and telling them they should give you a free drink.

edit: Sorry that last paragraph wasn't directed at you VS

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
alright, see you in 32 games or so.

i'll be watching hockey. feel very sorry for the employees, ticket reps, guest services, etc because the sense of entitlement is going to be out of this world ridiculous and misdirected. These people are going to get whined and *****ed at for something that they had no control over and were actually hurt over more than anyone in this fracas. Think about that, you troglodyte halfwit, when you're sneering and telling them they should give you a free drink.

edit: Sorry that last paragraph wasn't directed at you VS

I could tell. I feel ya.

Billy Mays Here*

You honestly think they're going to get standing ovations?

Well let's see how far their attendance plummets first.

Opening night will be a sellout and so will the majority of home games this season. Minnesota fans aren't mean enough to refuse to go to the games. You're not gonna see much of any difference in attendance numbers, at least not for the Wild. Whatever few hardcore fans hold out on going to the games will be replaced by more casual fans who don't know much about the lockout and don't hold any grudges.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Opening night will be a sellout and so will the majority of home games this season. Minnesota fans aren't mean enough to refuse to go to the games. You're not gonna see much of any difference in attendance numbers, at least not for the Wild. Whatever few hardcore fans hold out on going to the games will be replaced by more casual fans who don't know much about the lockout and don't hold any grudges.

I think I'm pretty hardcore, but I am ready for this season to start.

Sneaky Priest

See you Nov. 2
Sep 20, 2011
Lino Lakes
If they have college night tickets again this year i'll probably break down and go to a few games. I absolutely cannot wait to see Parise, Suter and Granlund live....

My roommates from Iowa promised that if the there was a season they would go to a game with me. Trying to get them into hockey.....:laugh:

Sneaky Priest

See you Nov. 2
Sep 20, 2011
Lino Lakes

the lockout isn't going to do much to the hardcores. However, it will effect the people who are just starting to follow the sport. We all know this anyway though. I'm just glad this horrible nightmare is over.

651*

There were a number of threads here with "hardcores" bashing the crap out of the NHLPA. I honestly couldn't believe all the vitriol from people here all over this forum.

I was like one of a select few it seemed on here that was with the players. So as far as attendance is concerned I'll hold my breath on that one.

TheFeistyFinn

Dec 31, 2011
Just wondering if you other finns have nelonenpro tv channel? they show 4-5 NHL match a week. they always pick the matches that are most interesting from finns eyes, aka teams with alot of finns playing or just other top matches. should be alot of wild matches this season :) beside that, im gonna get gamecenter also. gotta see every wild match.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Just wondering if you other finns have nelonenpro tv channel? they show 4-5 NHL match a week. they always pick the matches that are most interesting from finns eyes, aka teams with alot of finns playing or just other top matches. should be alot of wild matches this season :)

Yeah, I had it last year. Actually Viasat Gold because I had a good offer for 8 month (it included NelonenPro and Viasat's sport channels). But in the end most of these games were chosen more from Scandinavian (read Swedish) perspective. Not much Wild games. A lot of Canucks and Wings for example...

So this year I'll take GameCenter (Viaplay tv+movie+sport internet package). It's 16,95€ / month (robbery, because you can't take only NHL separately). But still, it's the most reasonable way to watch Wild. You can choose what ever game you want.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
I'll TV watch. But I won't buy tickets or merch. If I was given a ticket, I'd go. But no merch or concessions at the game.

As far as Center Ice I get that free from work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad