Will you agree or like a post by someone you don't like?

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
A good post is a good post, doesn't really matter to me who it came from or what team they cheer for. Most of the better discussions I've read on here is when posters disagree with the content of each other's posts and formulate sound arguments as to why. Would be a pretty boring place if all anybody did was agree on everything. Most of the worst discussions devolve into some variation of "You're a _____ fan so your opinion is invalid.", there's gotta be better things to do with your time than carry out grudges on the internet.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I probably would never like a post from someone I actively dislike, but my threshold for disliking someone is a hell of a lot higher than some disagreements on a hockey forum.

As such, there have only been a few posters like that in my history on the board, and as you might expect none of them made a habit of posting anything worth a like to begin with.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
I never like any posts because I feel the like system is bad for HF as a whole. It encourages memes/low effort responses instead of thoughtful posts. I don't want HF to become like /r/hockey

I get that. But you should consider "liking" posts that are actually thoughtful hockey posts, not just low effort/memes. Then maybe others will notice it got likes, and pay it more attention.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I never like any posts because I feel the like system is bad for HF as a whole. It encourages memes/low effort responses instead of thoughtful posts. I don't want HF to become like /r/hockey

You never like anything??!!?
images

Hey man, like farming can be difficult if you stay away from the low hanging fruit:

Melnyk, dorion, tire fires, Oilers related stuff, Leafs victims/haters, villages, player tendencies (licking, whining/embellishing, cup checking - no names required), being "fleeced", doing the "fleecing".

There are opportunities for thoughful memes/jokes...dont let my post distract you from the fact that Chiarelli wasnt explictly mentioned...he's fair game in the low hanging fruit department. Please pick him. (Bold/italic/underlined)

Chiarelli in the low hanging fruit department.....
david_caruso_csi_miami.jpg

Last edited:

member 300185

Certainly. Will read the post then look at the poster.

The problem with putting people on ignore is the stupid way the board hides posts, there can be whole swathes of conversation missing which makes some threads utter nonsense.
Good point. I have 2 guys on my ignore list. I think I will undo that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad